• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

DIY customised PC case

RC4WD fan

8 hours ago, Rover Man said:

I want this one......................................

18ml3c9mt2h3qjpg.jpg

That is awesome the person that makes these cases is the master of pc cases ?

Edited by RC4WD fan

7 hours ago, heavyleftthumb said:

new case looks good......what happened to old one?

Well it works but the lines are not straight  the screw/bolt holes aren't even and quite a lot of slips while cutting so looks awful ? and was winding me up so brought a new one it was only £40 ?

Here's some pics image.jpgthe quality and fill is so so much better then my old one no sharp edges and fills very solid ?image.jpg fo £40 it fills like an £80+ caes I'll find out how good it is when I start swapping the parts over and as the weekend is supposed to be wet and windy I've nothing else to do ? Here's the specs of the case image.jpg

if it's correct then I should be able to run an evo 212 cpu cooler ?

All finished well the swap still have a couple of things to do to make it mine ?

this was the old image.jpg and the newimage.jpg looks like there's nothing in there now did my best with cable management not to bad the back is a different story though good job you can't see it ? 

and one with it lit up image.jpg

The LeMan Russ case is being designed in prototype ( OK...cardboard ) to see how big it would have to be with a full ATX mobo inside. Assuming I can get it to a sensible size with everything in it then I will look at making it for real. Would look at 1.5mm ally sheet for the core....and probably thick ply for the track sections with styrene sheet to skin it.

It would be easier with a smaller mobo.... so it might have to wait until my next PC build.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Nitroholic said:

The LeMan Russ case is being designed in prototype ( OK...cardboard ) to see how big it would have to be with a full ATX mobo inside. Assuming I can get it to a sensible size with everything in it then I will look at making it for real. Would look at 1.5mm ally sheet for the core....and probably thick ply for the track sections with styrene sheet to skin it.

It would be easier with a smaller mobo.... so it might have to wait until my next PC build.

Keep us posted ?

2 hours ago, RC4WD fan said:

I need a new CPU cooler quick ? the stock one now sounds like a jet engine in the new case ?

but temps are down by at least 5/6c so silver lining and all that ?

If you have the room i would go for a Cooler Master Hyper evo 212 - best bang for buck

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stupar said:

If you have the room i would go for a Cooler Master Hyper evo 212 - best bang for buck

Well the specs of the case say it can have a cooler of a max height of 161mm and I believe that a evo 212 is 159mm so would just fit I've been looking at the be quite range of fans and coolers anyone have any experience with them ?

24 minutes ago, stupar said:

Enjoy. 

You should see a marked difference in the temp of your CPU. I would expect a drop of at least a few degrees. 

It should be far quieter too. 

The current stock cooler has never gone past 40c at load it's just the fan makes so much noise you can clearly hear it even with headphones on and up uncomfortably high well for me anyway ? 

I've got everything I need to do the swap now so might do it tonight ?