• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FiD dragon hammer voltz edition

Fly In My Soup

Spotted by our very own tug :006:, and confirmed earlier today via email by Ellen xu (FiD sales manager), thanks Ellen!!!

FiD racing is due to release this crazy 12s rated truck at the end of may this year!!!

Here's some specs and some pics, drool bibs at the ready please.....

pRg698u.jpg

OTlVHXD.jpg

E1wITnJ.jpg

Xz70ekS.jpg

Spec -

•ztw 300a esc

•ztw 680kv 8-12s motor (34k max rpm, 74120)

Bs6hN0n.jpg

ZItfa41.jpg

5cvGUCZ.jpg

fa73E3a.jpg

jQtEQt4.jpg

Up close look at the rig

Test video

View full news article

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Fly In My Soup said:

ztw 300a esc

So a quick google shows

ZTW shop and the car ESC look very much like hobbywings and the programming cards to

http://www.ztwshop.com/product/ztw-beast-pro-series-brushless-esc/

http://www.ztwshop.com/product/Program-Card/

Just now, Tug said:

If they are Hobbywing, they should be available separately soon too, and built-in anti-spark? 

emailed hobbywing, they have no plans in the distant future to produce a 12s car esc, ztw make it, they have built 100 esc so far, 3 of them are mine:D

Just now, saviown said:

emailed hobbywing, they have no plans in the distant future to produce a 12s car esc, ztw make it, they have built 100 esc so far, 3 of them are mine:D

how and where do you buy them from?

Ztw are the factory that produces the esc, I'm unsure if ztw ( or to give it its proper moniker " shenzen ztw science & technology corporation limited " ) are the parent company ( so ztw trading as hobbywing ) or if hobbywing purchase and rebrand themselves.

There's actually only a few factories that make pretty much all esc units nowadays, and I know ztw's esc has the largest market share

They (ztw) where showcasing a 400/500+ amp esc a while back on Facebook, it had a crazy burst figure like 1600+ amps.....it got 1 like and a small amount of views, yet as soon as that's rebranded as hobbywing...boom...everyone wants it

They used to trade as ztw OEM pre 2007

Edited by Fly In My Soup

5 minutes ago, Tug said:

What are they like? On a par with Hobbywing? 

I will let you know:) works very well on 10s in the vid of losi 5, runs cool, he drives it hard too, on saying that, I knackered 2 max 5's so might not be the best bloke to advise:unsure:

Edited by saviown
  • Haha 1

It pains me to say this but I just dont think the tech is there yet to make true 1/5th scale work as an electric? These (at least from the videos) look so underwhelming for circa 40v!

Think we are a few years off yet. Xmaxx or IC it is for now 

Edited by Guns

1 minute ago, Fly In My Soup said:

That's what I'm saying dude.....ztw makes almost all eastern ESC's

Hobbywing ESC's ARE ztw..... branded as hobbywing

that's interesting, so how come hobbywing wont be selling  ZTW 12s esc branded as hobbywing?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fly In My Soup said:

That's what I'm saying dude.....ztw makes almost all eastern ESC's

Hobbywing ESC's ARE ztw..... branded as hobbywing

Yeah, I get what you're saying, but if you look at the rebranded Max8 (I think) in an Arrma car and there are differences, only two beeps on start up and very little programming options. I just wondered if these had bits deleted as well. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, saviown said:

that's interesting, so how come hobbywing wont be selling  ZTW 12s esc branded as hobbywing?

maybe they will in time once product is proven - don't want to risk the hobbywing name on a new product

• Like 1