• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

quadcopter recommendation

froggy8

hey guys, i am thinking about getting a quad but just wanted to see what you all recommend please?

i want something around 350 size, has decent features like return to home, stays where it is in mid-air ( forgot what that feature is called :D  ) 

budget is only about 150, not really after something that is going to cost the earth :D 

cheers guys :) 

19 minutes ago, Madmini said:

Ok. Just flying around... with gps etc if your looking for an rtf then this might tick the boxes

http://www.hubsan.com/eur/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=9

i really liked the look of that but it seems you can only control it witha phone?

Just now, Vr5fx said:

I have a frame and DJI Nazas for sale if it's any good to you?

i wanted one that is already built im afraid mate, thank you for the offer though. plus i wouldnt know where to start if i had to build one :D 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RegisteredUser said:

You wont get much for £150 I'm afraid. Besides Hubsan, you might be able to get something pre-owned from someone.

yeah secondhand wouldnt bother me as long as it all works :)

12 hours ago, froggy8 said:

only for flying around, dont use cameras or anything like that.

yeah budget is bit tight at the moment so just want something to bash with really :) 

If you don't want a camera are you sure you want GPS hold and return to home?  the reason I ask is that you can pickup an Eachine Wizard X220 for a decent price with everything you need to get started. (although I just looked on Banggood and they are £300 with radio at the moment, a lot cheaper without!)

Do you have any radio gear or anything?

48 minutes ago, Gavster29 said:

If you don't want a camera are you sure you want GPS hold and return to home?  the reason I ask is that you can pickup an Eachine Wizard X220 for a decent price with everything you need to get started. (although I just looked on Banggood and they are £300 with radio at the moment, a lot cheaper without!)

Do you have any radio gear or anything?

yeah still would like gps/rth as i like messing around with stuff like that.

dont have any radios or anything, just got lipo charger so would need something that is already made/built.

20 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

yeah still would like gps/rth as i like messing around with stuff like that.

dont have any radios or anything, just got lipo charger so would need something that is already made/built.

Don't you fancy having a go at building one? I thought it would be a nightmare but actually it's not that bad, I built an Air-Ro 4" racer now that is quite a compact frame!

1 hour ago, Gavster29 said:

Don't you fancy having a go at building one? I thought it would be a nightmare but actually it's not that bad, I built an Air-Ro 4" racer now that is quite a compact frame!

i like taking it apart and mod them but not really into the building side of it.

for your budget your really going to struggle for the features your looking for.  so your going to have to compromise somewhere. you might be able to find a second hand walkera runner 250 within that budget but if im honest there not exactly what i would describe as good.

i think you need to consider what you can live without and what you actually want to use it for. if its just for some flying about without fpv or photography then grab yourself a hubsan x4 micro or similar, maybe an e010 (tho neither of those have gps). like most things it boils down to what your usage is will define what you want and therefor the price. 

regarding building, i think that term is over used when it comes to quads mostly its just soldering some cables together and a few screws. 

yeah i realize 150 is not alot but surely there might be some secondhand ones i could try look?

it doesnt have to be new, maybe i can push it bit more on the budget.

26 minutes ago, Gavster29 said:

very similar to what madmini sent, i really do like that kind of quad.

cheers buddy, will have a good look when i get home.

1 hour ago, RegisteredUser said:

You might be able to get a pre-owned DJI Phantom 1 or something. Can't be that many around these days though.

had a look for dji phantom 2 on ebay lastnight as  i u sed to have one and really enjoyed it but they are still quite expensive, ranging from 250 upwards.

Just now, Bigjimknickers said:

We had a H501s

itz perfect for what you want, trust me.

hey bigjim hope you are ok :) 

yep been looking at this video, its cool.

i will get one but now i want a racing quad only so i can do some stunts :D