• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hellhorns wraith project.

Hell horn.

So I picked up a cheap wraith . It showed up today. So first thing. Worked out what needs replacing. Got that ordered. And then some fancy bits for it. 

Now I need to decide what I want to do with it.  Pics to follow later today. 

So swapped out the shocks it came with. As they had no springs in them.  Will get some better ones some point. Have ordered wheels. Body. Frame rails. Better esc. 

Edited by Hell horn.
  • Like 1

So sorted some better shocks. And put the yetis wheels on for now. Looks loads better with them.  Still need to mess with ride height. As its a bit tall as it is. Loads of parts coming in the post. Need to find a set of cage sides for it. As No one has them in stock. 

So new rims and frame rails arrived today. All fitted and sorted. Hopefully new body panels will be at work tomorrow. And I can get that sorted. Still need a set of cage sides. Seem to be out of stock at every last place I look.

Also upgraded my dx4c. 

Edited by Hell horn.

So body panels fitted . Need to cut the roof down to size. And decide on a paint choice for it. But starting to look right. 

Edited by Hell horn.

On 9 April 2018 at 21:08, Hell horn. said:

P_20180409_195208_vHDR_Auto.jpg

What's the wheels in the first to pics ? they look cool I really like that colour  :yes: looks great red on red :good: 

If I find any wraith parts I'll let you know I'm sure I haven't though 

19 minutes ago, Hell horn. said:

The black rims. I have No idea on make. Came with the truck. 

Red set is gds. On eBay in the UK for £45 for a set of 4. 

Yeah the black ones I've seen them before but for the life of me I carn't remember where 

the red set is from planedeals on ebay right ? 

Yep. Black set i have no idea what make they are.  No removable hub. So No good for me. 6 hole bead lock rings. Can be for sale cheap if any one wants them. 

15234765931927694883235282499338.jpg

17 hours ago, Hell horn. said:

Yep. Black set i have no idea what make they are.  No removable hub. So No good for me. 6 hole bead lock rings. Can be for sale cheap if any one wants them. 

15234765931927694883235282499338.jpg

are they 2.2 or 1.9 plastic or aluminium do the rings that are in the pics come with them or different ones and 12mm hex or bigger ? 

2.2 metal. 12mm hex.  No removable hub.  Have been painted. And it came with 4 6 hole rings. And 4 with 24 holes.   The 24 hole rings have 6 bolts that work.and the rest are just heads glued in place. They are heavier them most wheels.  

5 hours ago, Hell horn. said:

2.2 metal. 12mm hex.  No removable hub.  Have been painted. And it came with 4 6 hole rings. And 4 with 24 holes.   The 24 hole rings have 6 bolts that work.and the rest are just heads glued in place. They are heavier them most wheels.  

I'm tempted but I only want a set or hooning around with the FTX outlaw so not sure having heavy wheels would be a good idea ? or wether or not to get a decent set of wheels and tyres like proline badland mx28s on f11 wheels not that I'm going to be able to afford it at the moment not with what's gone on with me this week :rolleyes: more than likely (but not wanting to) just reglue the tyres back on the old wheels for now as long as I can use it for the weekend I don't really care :lol: 

So the paint job on the body is almost done.  Paint went a bit funny. Its all dry just looks wet still. So might order up a second body set and try again when its a bit warmer. But for now it will do.

Edited by Hell horn.

Did do it thin. I have never had a paint do it before. I think it was a bit to cold when I did it. So it set funny.  Will redo it when its a bit warmer. 

• Like 1

So gave the body a bit more paint. Looks better time as the sun was out. Hood still needs  a coat. Not perfect by a long way. But will do for now. Painted the seats and fitted harness a Bit better. Panhard  and cms kit sorted. Had to swap rod ends from vanquish ones to axial ones to get the right length. 

Edited by Hell horn.
  • Like 1

Thanks dude. Needs a few Bits redoing. And the old owner got super glue on the harness. So might replace them.  And then get a decal sheet for it.

http://www.freqeskinz.com/axial-wraith-interior 

Think it will look good. And then find a driver for it. 

Started a mock up of a deck for the rear. Given up trying to get a set of cage sides. No one has them in a price range that's sensible. So going to make a deck to hold it together. Should be able to make one with out to much hassle. 

Edited by Hell horn.
  • Like 1