• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Super Baja Rey Thread

.AJ.

Gave mine a run today with a mate, we done 2 4s runs and 1 6s runs, zero issues and I really can’t believe how quick it is when your actually have grip with 6s, my mate took a few vids and will upload it all to YouTube shortly 

Also found out GPM now have a few hop ups out, but there’s nothing that really interests me at the moment.....

https://www.gpmracing.com.hk/en/products?cat=1-6-4WD-SUPER-BAJA-REY-4X4-PERFORMANCE-DESERT-TRUCK&fid=76

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Guys,

I've just stumbled on this thread while doing some research before I pull the trigger on an SBR.

Great to see you are all from the UK, how are you finding your trucks? still happy with them?  how are you finding they suit UK conditions?

Also, this would be my second RC car, I've been running an HK Desert fox so the SBR would be my primary model, although not used for silly bashing.

The only concern to have, and it's one I do have having 6+ Losi cars, is come next March, if we leave the single market cause Brexit, and Horizon doesn't open a UK warehouse, we'll be paying tariffs on parts for them no matter where we buy. But then that could affect almost everything anyway so RC parts will be the least of our worries.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2019 at 19:29, .AJ. said:

The SBR is pretty sorted out if the box, the SRR with much bigger wheels suffers more breakages, think the knuckles and driveshafts take the most beating from what I’ve read 

Can confirm the knuckles take a beating, 2nd outing... 

IMG_20191117_103524.jpg

IMG_20191117_103450.jpg

IMG_20191117_103458.jpg