• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your gaming PC

PraetoR

As above. ^_^

Not sure there's enough of us here, but thought I'd give it a go!

Here's mine.

Name: HAZARD

Processor: Intel 4690k @4.0GHz

Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition

RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3

Graphics: Zotac Nvidia GTX1070

PSU: Corsair VS650

Case: Kolink Punisher (UV-reactive wrapped all cables, replaced front fans with UV-reactive items, removed all LEDs, fitted UV LED strips- wanted it to look like it runs on toxic waste).

20180105_161551.thumb.jpg.47a19b5ae19ee40c222b9eebd11d6441.jpg

I'm not massive on online gaming at home, alone. Every now and again, I have some friends and brother-in-law round, on a saturday night for LAN gaming and heavy drinking, until about 6am! Games include: CS:GO, Dawn of War- Soulstorm (tried DoW3... meh), World of Warships, Fractured Space, Portal 2, Starcraft 2, Dead Island, Depth, UT2004, Crossout and several others I've forgotten.

Games I do play on my own include: The Half Life Series, Mass Effect 1-3, X-Com 2- WotC, Fallout 4... and the Legend of Zelda series, on Nintendo.

:good:

Edited by Praet0r87
  • Like 1

this is a old pic, nothing fancy and  was built  3 years ago, last year I  added another msi 980ti, and still a power house, 

msi z170a m5      2tb hdd       500gb ssd     i7-6700k  16gb ballistix ddr4   rm750 x psu    2 msi 980ti gpu

1919348_10153203029012791_5031096597509240342_n.jpg

Edited by kenny_st
  • Like 1

To be honest with you, I only run at 1080p, so cards like my 1070 and your 980ti are waaaay more than is required! I get over 100fps on everything, with the exception of WoWS, which has a 76fps limit... it hammers off that limit, like a motorbike engine with it's throttle stuck open!

Even Fallout 4, with Bethesda's completely broken engine, with the ridiculously-poorly optimised high-textures pack, gets over 100fps. PC specs are simply insane, nowadays!

Bought my first gaming PC just before Christmas. Nothing fancy. It's definitely good enough for me, for the price (£500).

Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Processor

8GB DDR4 2133MHz RAM

1TB 7200RPM HDD

4GB NVidia GeForce 1050Ti GPU

Built in WiFi (It's fine for browsing but I use a TP-Link, for gaming)

Corsair VS-350W PSU

ASUS H110M-R Motherboard

Comes with a HUGE tower, considering the size of the internals, haha! It's not the best but I think value for money, it's great. Perfect for me. Takes everything I throw at it!

Inside_PC.jpg

Edited by RegisteredUser
  • Like 1

Sadly cant find a pic of it. had it 5 years now. im about due an upgrade.

but im rocking......

AMD FX8350

ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 mother board

8 GB Ballistix Sport ram

Nvidia GTX770 graphics

cooler master seidon 120 v3 water cooler.

Samsung Evo SSD

various other HDD adding upto 4tb , i may hopefully soon. change over to one larger drive lol

The PC I was using (up to this time last year), I built back in 2007!! Ten years old, and was still functioning properly! Although, the case fans didn't always spin.

Spec was...

Name: REVENGE

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400

XFX nForce 750i SLI

2GB OCZ Reaper RAM

BFG Nvidia 9800 Ultra+ OC (I miss BFG, they were the best) Tried SLI, but it wasn't that stable.

Can't remember the PSU

Cooler Master Centurian case.

A dinosaur! :P

16 hours ago, Praet0r87 said:

To be honest with you, I only run at 1080p, so cards like my 1070 and your 980ti are waaaay more than is required! I get over 100fps on everything, with the exception of WoWS, which has a 76fps limit... it hammers off that limit, like a motorbike engine with it's throttle stuck open!

Even Fallout 4, with Bethesda's completely broken engine, with the ridiculously-poorly optimised high-textures pack, gets over 100fps. PC specs are simply insane, nowadays!

I agree with that,   there really wasn't any need for my 2nd card but done it as it came up cheap on over clockers forum the cards never get pushed that much on mine. 

16 hours ago, Praet0r87 said:

18 hours ago, kenny_st said:

I agree with that,   there really wasn't any need for my 2nd card but done it as it came up cheap on over clockers forum the cards never get pushed that much on mine. 

Fair enough. Plus it's a bit of a boast, saying you run SLI. :P

On your last post, did something go all screwey? On my screen you have one and a half quote boxes. Is it just me? :ack:

Edited by Praet0r87

I first made a high spec server but have since decommissioned it and made it in to a desktop PC which is good enough to play any games I have (I don't have many).

Firstly as I think it worth a mention, the server duties are now taken care of by a Raspberry Pi 2 running OpenMediaVault and it is surprisingly quick and really great at it's job it runs a 4tb USB 3.0 drive as main storage running in USB 2.0 mode as the Pi is only 2.0 capable which backs up nightly to 2x 2TB drives which are Sata but in a sata to USB caddy.

The PC specs:

Intel Core i5 4440 3.10GHz Socket 1150 6MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor

Gigabyte GA-Z87-DS3H Socket 1150 DVI HDMI 7.1 channel Audio ATX Motherboard

Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB SATA 3 2.5inch SSD

Hyperx 4GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 DIMM XMP x2

Corsair CSM 450W Semi Modular 80+ Gold Power Supply

ROG STRIX-GTX1050-2G-GAMING

• 1 month later...

My current setup is

Screen Asus MQ278Q 2K 144hz

Mouse Deathadder Elite & Zowie FK2

Keyboard Logitech G810

System

i7 4790K oc'ed 4.7ghz with a EK Full copper block

MCP 355 pump

Black Ice GT Stleath 360 Rad

Asus Z97 Pro

Palit Jetstream GTX 1070

16GB Mushkin Frostbite

Corsair Neutron 256gb ssd OS

Samsung Evo 500gb evo ssd games

WD 500wb

Seagate 3TB External HD

6 Corsair SP 120 fans

SunBeam Rheobus Extreme Fan Controller 

CM 1000 watts psu

CM ATCS 840 case

Picture was taken today whilst I was cleaning the winter dust out

41543197201_f9f10e1677_z.jpg1

Edited by cyronn

480e3e377c34c95504aa335695c8ad0f.jpg

Name:Dave

Dell R710 motherboard

2x intel Xeon 2.5 8core cpus

32gb of eec ram

Nvidia gtx 1050 gpu

Non branded raid card

3petabite of of raid 10 storage

1tb of ssd storage

(It’s really good to repurpose old server hardware)

And yes it’s In an optiplex box from 1999 [emoji4]

/edit forgot the ram

1 hour ago, NeverGrowingUp said:

Nothing major just a i7 3700, 16gb ram and a gtx1060. Will eventually go 8600k. I recently updated my peripheral setup with a lance head mouse, k95 platinum keyboard (mx brown) and a man-o-war headset. 

I mainly play PUBG 

zPBtyqN.jpg

tUXee5H.jpg

ew no you dont pair corsair with razer thats insanity, one or the other please ;)