• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas E Revo 2.0

.AJ.

Is it really ever that hard to get parts these days, I said something a little while back in another thread about the days before the interweb, Were looking through adverts in the back of the 2 RC mags (RRC & RCMCM) Or sitting on the phone all day ringing round shops hoping someone has the part, were today we just type in a model No:.

Kids of today never had it so good.

Sound like an old man I do.

1 hour ago, babylon said:

Is it really ever that hard to get parts these days, I said something a little while back in another thread about the days before the interweb, Were looking through adverts in the back of the 2 RC mags (RRC & RCMCM) Or sitting on the phone all day ringing round shops hoping someone has the part, were today we just type in a model No:.

Kids of today never had it so good.

Sound like an old man I do.

Finding parts is easy, finding them in stock and in the U.K. isn’t on some brands. Having to import parts is timely and can become costly. Who wants a rc that may be down for a month or 2 waiting on parts, to then get them and the weather change and you can’t use it. This is why Traxxas vehicles are so appealing parts are very much plentiful not just here in the U.K. but overseas as well ..

Okay if you have a few rc’s you can use the others but having to buy 2 because one maybe waiting on parts for a while just isn’t very cost affective, in this case you might as well have paid that extra for the Traxxas model and had great support imo 

• Thanks 1

It feels like if they price it lower than the old one, people who bought the old one will feel a bit robbed.

If they price it higher, why would you buy it over the old one.

Kind of a 50/50 thing I think.

Is it actually anything new, or is it just bits off other models?

I haven't fully read into it, but I did see someone saying their are some Xmaxx bits on it.

Hopefully not diffs or ESC though.

22 minutes ago, Guns said:

http://www.rcmart.com/traxxas-860864-erevo-brushless-scale-electric-monst-p-76820.html

damn

£473 posted. Id need some batteries mind. Any news on thee UK price

Not if using Paypal and priority shipping £489 and a few pence :D :good:

MS estimated around 650-700 as the current model is 650 they also estimated 800+ for the new UDR and that’s 839 so there not far off ! 

With this in mind even if your unlucky enough to get caught with import duty your still be quids in :good:

1 minute ago, mydoddy69 said:

Not if using Paypal and priority shipping £489 and a few pence :D :good:

MS estimated around 650-700 as the current model is 650 they also estimated 800+ for the new UDR and that’s 839 so there not far off ! 

With this in mind even if your unlucky enough to get caught with import duty your still be quids in :good:

£489 with priority? How?

15 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

It feels like if they price it lower than the old one, people who bought the old one will feel a bit robbed.

If they price it higher, why would you buy it over the old one.

Kind of a 50/50 thing I think.

Is it actually anything new, or is it just bits off other models?

I haven't fully read into it, but I did see someone saying their are some Xmaxx bits on it.

Hopefully not diffs or ESC though.

Nothing wrong with the new X Maxx diffs Dan for whatever reason Traxxas have never had good success with there esc so there’s no real surprise there lol 

This has had a major update all the areas that folks had problems with have been addressed diffs bulkheads arms knuckles driveline axles wheels and tyres the list goes on and on 

1 minute ago, mydoddy69 said:

Nothing wrong with the new X Maxx diffs Dan for whatever reason Traxxas have never had good success with there esc so there’s no real surprise there lol 

This has had a major update all the areas that folks had problems with have been addressed diffs bulkheads arms knuckles driveline axles wheels and tyres the list goes on and on 

Aye but the price went up nearly 200quid lol, or actually over 200 was it, can't quite remember.

Interested to see it being bashed then :) I hadn't read right into it, visually it doesn't look terribly different.

1 minute ago, Oh How Original said:

Aye but the price went up nearly 200quid lol, or actually over 200 was it, can't quite remember.

Interested to see it being bashed then :) I hadn't read right into it, visually it doesn't look terribly different.

Current model is £650 here this new version is said to be around the same price maybe £50 more here in the U.K. but in the states it’s the same price as the current model I believe ? 

Quick look and you might not notice but theres a lot of change if you look closely :good:

Price release £639.99 at Modelsport  the older model just dropped from £650 to £579 lol 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/traxxas-e-revo-2-0-brushless-vxl-6s-tsm-green/rc-car-products/427826

Rcmart I paid £489 if I get hit with fees it comes in at just shy of £600 give or take a few quid if I get away with fees I’ve made a nice few quid saving, even if I save £20 it’s better than I poke in the eye with a sharp stick ;) 

Edited by mydoddy69
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, bertberr said:

You ever bought a complete RTR from RCMart before?  Wonder what the chances are of it sliding through?  I've never paid anything on things like ESC's, motors, servos etc, but a truck is a bit larger...

Im in the same boat. Ive had $400 orders slip through bit theyve been small with free postage. Surely customs are fonna see a large box with $100+ postage and clock on thats its not something worth $10

I have had some pretty big boxes come from there and not paid but this is the first rtr fingers crossed lol 

Im not expecting it for a while as it’s Chinese New Year on the 16/02/18 so everything shuts down for a fortnight so maybe the large  in-fluctuation of goods coming though might do me a favour who knows whatever happens I’ll let you know :good:

Going back a few years when the Slash 4x4 was released, it came with the diffs from the Revo/Maxx platform. Having diffs from a bigger brother meant that when they were installed in the Slash they were almost bomb proof. However, those same diffs were, and still are, like glass in the Revo and Maxx!

My thinking is that by taking the diffs from the giant that is the X-Maxx, we might finally have a drivetrain that can actually go the distance!? 

The CVDs; I still use the old plastic CVDs in my Revo, their flex helps to protect the fragile diffs, they're also cheap to get from chop-shops. These new CVDs do look like they're up to the job. 

New plastics? I'm a big fan of RPM products, will we still need them? Time will tell. I see they're still using tie-rods at the rear, if deletes  (like on the Savvy) don't become available, then I'll definitely get RPM wishbones when they're released. I'm assuming RPM will need to redesign their wishbones for the new bulkheads? 

The ESC is the usual non-programmable affair, meh. 

Tyres look to big to my eyes. 

New shell looks good. Clipless mounting, I've yet to try, let's hope it stays attached (unlike the X-Maxx).

The twin 2075s will suffice to get you started, but I'm a big fan of Hitec, that's where I'll procure replacements. 

I can ill afford this, but SHUT-UP AND TAKE MY MONEY! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, James1986 said:

Back with a bang Tuggles, welcome home! :clapping:

Hello! Good to have some free-ish time for a change. 

This revised Revo could be an amazing machine if they've got it right! Traxxas always make cars that are fun to drive, it's their durability that let's them down. 

And that price! 640 quid is not too shabby! I've got 115 in vouchers, just gotta find the rest! 

This is all well and good , But Traxxas are starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth, You could say I would be cutting off my nose to spite my face, But unless a line is drawn somewhere they could carry on pulling these kind of stunts, Does no-one find it coincidental that Traxxas get sales of the Nero blocked  then re-release the Revo.

I know that this is a hobby, I love this hobby, And I know we never actually need a new car, But if you don't need it, Don't buy it, I know that some think that you can't do anything on your own, But it needs to start somewhere,  I know that we are hard core when it comes to the hobby, And this won't stop the walk in buyer from liking the look and buying Traxxas, But  we can't pretend that what they are doing is OK and doesn't matter, Maybe you can't put the Arrma situation down to Traxxas, But there being no Nero is down to them, So they have already had a detrimental impact on the hobby, There is a reason why Apple and Traxxas file there claims in Texas.

I'll get off my soap box now. 

• Like 1

I agree wholeheartedly with everything you've said, but look at those specs! This is a must have! For me anyway! 

I've just heard they've blocked proline from making parts for Traxxas vehicles, so who's next? RPM? Integy? Utter madness! 

18 minutes ago, babylon said:

This is all well and good , But Traxxas are starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth, You could say I would be cutting off my nose to spite my face, But unless a line is drawn somewhere they could carry on pulling these kind of stunts, Does no-one find it coincidental that Traxxas get sales of the Nero blocked  then re-release the Revo.

I know that this is a hobby, I love this hobby, And I know we never actually need a new car, But if you don't need it, Don't buy it, I know that some think that you can't do anything on your own, But it needs to start somewhere,  I know that we are hard core when it comes to the hobby, And this won't stop the walk in buyer from liking the look and buying Traxxas, But  we can't pretend that what they are doing is OK and doesn't matter, Maybe you can't put the Arrma situation down to Traxxas, But there being no Nero is down to them, So they have already had a detrimental impact on the hobby, There is a reason why Apple and Traxxas file there claims in Texas.

I'll get off my soap box now. 

Why isnt what Traxxas is doing ok? Court of laws decided they were in the right? Hence the outcome?