• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao Hyper VS(e) Owners Thread

tweaked my vse earlier replaced lots of bearings etc and and got it rolling free'er than it ever has and when up the quarry i had a epithany, i never had the dx5c radio gear when i first had it, recallibrated it and got a noticeable speed increase, oops, still slower than dads but his new tyres are bigger than my nandas and the speed difference is a lot less now 🙂

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

They both share same diff internals and steering knuckles but diff mounts are diferant . towers are thicker and diferant shape in vse , body shell , arms are all diferant 

prob a lot more diferances as well as vse is a mix of H7, H8 and h9 parts  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

They both share same diff internals and steering knuckles but diff mounts are diferant . towers are thicker and diferant shape in vse , body shell , arms are all diferant 

prob a lot more diferances as well as vse is a mix of H7, H8 and h9 parts  

So is the VSe the evolution?

I kept bending mine so i've managed to double them up, front one just bolts on but i did fill the top hinge pin holes with some epoxy to stop them coming out as the plastic stopper thing that screws on is now useless. The back one i just had to file out the holes a bit where the spoiler goes through and that's bolted straight on, so i've effectively got 8mm front and rear towers now, i'll have to see how it holds up! It's not pretty but it works 😁

Front

Top view

Edited by Scottyb
  • Like 1

Just got my refund off amazon aswell and going to get a pair of 6200mah's but don't know whether to get 50c or 80c 🤔 what do you think? The 50's are £14 cheaper though 😁

Edited by Scottyb

4 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

50C will do mate you may not get quite as much punch compared to the 80c but they will definately do the job 

Cool cheers i'll order them then 👍

Was unsure with the Max8 as i can't find a minimum discharge rate for it unlike my Max10 which said 70c.

I'm hoping the lower C might help with the heat a little bit as well, I've got punch set to 1 with the 100c's i've got and it still launches off like a rocket lol, even if you ease into it it just shoots off 😂

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Scottyb said:

I kept bending mine so i've managed to double them up, front one just bolts on but i did fill the top hinge pin holes with some epoxy to stop them coming out as the plastic stopper thing that screws on is now useless. The back one i just had to file out the holes a bit where the spoiler goes through and that's bolted straight on, so i've effectively got 8mm front and rear towers now, i'll have to see how it holds up! It's not pretty but it works 😁

Front

Top view

sounds pretty good, instead of epoxy you could maybe replace the pins on the upper arms with a high tensile bolt and a nut like i ended up doing to the hyper 7, the hyper 7 took a m3 bolt if i recall for the upper arms 🙂

https://boltbase.com/

8pkR9vN.jpg

ONqPJ2l.jpg

• Like 1

My temp gun came today, test it against 2 thermometers and they were all within about 3 degrees of each other. Took my car to the golf course coz it's quite taxing on it being grass and about a 30 degree slope running it up and downhill, granted it's a bit cooler today but the ESC was about 40 mid run and 44 at the end, motor was about 48 mid run and 55 at the end and batteries were 38 mid run and 44ish at the end. So looks like i'll be trying the 17T. 😁

Motor felt a lot hotter than that though when touching it but i measured it about 5 times and different angles and it was always around 48-50 so it must be fairly accurate! I might just replace the ESC and motor fan with some of those cheap high speed surpass hobby fans, can't do any harm, look like they are twice the RPM of the hobbywing ones even at low voltage and would at least cut down the cooldown time between batteries!

Edited by Scottyb
  • Like 1

On 12/06/2021 at 03:46, Yrkoon said:

tweaked my vse earlier replaced lots of bearings etc and and got it rolling free'er than it ever has and when up the quarry i had a epithany, i never had the dx5c radio gear when i first had it, recallibrated it and got a noticeable speed increase, oops, still slower than dads but his new tyres are bigger than my nandas and the speed difference is a lot less now 🙂

Insane these took this big rock beating  LOL

you have some fun there i see.

Nice cars

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, m-racing said:

Insane these took this big rock beating  LOL

you have some fun there i see.

Nice cars

hehe thanks 🙂

i do have a slightly bent chassis and i only noticed because my body shell wouldn't quite fit on the posts anymore lol

made the towers a bit stronger earlier, which i think is wise considering the abuse i put it through 😛

Z0P6c7H.jpg

15wf3IA.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Been to the big bmx track today with my new batteries and 17T pinion, got at least 45mins out of 2x6200 50c's and everything was barely lukewarm when they had finished. went to put my 100c's in after and both my deans connectors are knackered on them so it kept turning itself off so i gave up and came home🤬

Was epic on the jumps though, had a few crashes, took an absolute pasting and scraped the crap out front strut tops but it was absolutely fantastic, nothing broke apart from struts popping off the top posts and losing the screw out the rear body mount post but it wasn't long enough anyway now i've doubled up the towers so my bad. I don't know whether to change the 100c's to XT90 (same as ESC) or not as i've still got 2 months warranty on them i think.

I may have influenced a few people to buying one lol

Edited by Scottyb
  • Like 2