• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao Hyper VS(e) Owners Thread

Can anyone help me ?? Just been playing on the golf course and my car has just cut out. So thers power going to it cos the esc fan is running. My esc is constantly flashing red. When i turn it on its flashes green then flashes red. Also which is weird i fitted a new fan for me esc last week it was hobbywing 5v fan from modelsport, it has never fan full speed like the old one but when iv stared to have this problem now its started running full speed then going slow so its pulsing the fan speeds. Do i need an new esc ??  

You turn it on and you get 4 beeps + flashes green then flashes red.

Try recalibrating the TX and esc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Ryan.j96 said:

Anyone whos thinking off getting the  rear aluminium support brace i wouldnt bother. 

You're not the first. Not the strongest aluminium grade or best design. Have you bent your chassis using the stock plastic braces?

On 10/06/2020 at 18:48, Ryan.j96 said:

Anyone whos thinking off getting the  rear aluminium support brace i wouldnt bother. 

im guessing thats not a hobao  part then :P 

Alloy brace. Oh no ! Just saw that pic, well, too late they are fitted, I can see the plastic ones going back on. I'll let you know how mine hold up.

20200610_124108.thumb.jpg.d5c291d3bafcd318e9d60ca00d5f04fb.jpg20200610_124126.thumb.jpg.269904967619aa88a000d77fa9546984.jpg

Ok, after speaking to Coggan he has made some front and rear braces in 7075t6.

He also has front and rear shock towers of the highest quality in 7075t6. They are not cheap but absolutely awesome. My order is going in soon ;)

Edited by Rixsta

5 hours ago, Rixsta said:

Here they are guys. Oh yes !

They are being tested atm.

Screenshot-20200612-171916-e-Bay.jpg

Cool build , waiting on a load of parts to come for mine, I tried that brace and it didn't fit the front, how did you get it to fit? Force the steering brace down? 

Whats he asking for the coggan brace ?? 

9 hours ago, RickC said:

Cool build , waiting on a load of parts to come for mine, I tried that brace and it didn't fit the front, how did you get it to fit? Force the steering brace down? 

Whats he asking for the coggan brace ?? 

Not sure on the the price yet. His shock towers are £30 - £35 each though.

As for the brace, mine fitted fine. I had to fit the brace first and then the steering brace just fitted on the top, flush with the brace. No forcing or anything, it just fit.

They won't be staying on long though. As soon as the new braces become available, I'll be ordering some and dropping a link here 👍

One question, what tooth pinion are you guys running, anyone running a 19t with a 2200kv ?

1 hour ago, Rixsta said:

Not sure on the the price yet. His shock towers are £30 - £35 each though.

As for the brace, mine fitted fine. I had to fit the brace first and then the steering brace just fitted on the top, flush with the brace. No forcing or anything, it just fit.

They won't be staying on long though. As soon as the new braces become available, I'll be ordering some and dropping a link here 👍

One question, what tooth pinion are you guys running, anyone running a 19t with a 2200kv ?

ah right , maybe i got a bad set,  i like his ones but would prefer it if it said hyper instead of coggan  or was plain

im on standard 13t 2200 and 6s its a missile

• Like 1

On 08/06/2020 at 21:15, Ryan.j96 said:

Can anyone help me ?? Just been playing on the golf course and my car has just cut out. So thers power going to it cos the esc fan is running. My esc is constantly flashing red. When i turn it on its flashes green then flashes red. Also which is weird i fitted a new fan for me esc last week it was hobbywing 5v fan from modelsport, it has never fan full speed like the old one but when iv stared to have this problem now its started running full speed then going slow so its pulsing the fan speeds. Do i need an new esc ??  

This maybe a bit late, But I think that my be the  ESC Thermal cutout.