• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao Hyper VS(e) Owners Thread

Back in the day the H7 was quite a competative buggy and had a really good following but they are getting long in the tooth now and still being produced . Not bad for 15 year old or so design :good:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I decided the other day I'm going to buy a 1/8 scale buggy.

Watched loads of Arrma Typhon and Hyper e videos, realised the Typhon 3s chassis is different to the 6s chassis ?

Thought it would be a better idea to go with a Hobao VSe RTR  version (150amp esc) that can handle 6s aswell?

The Hobao hyper seems to be a proven platform? I had a brief brush with Nitro Rc about 12 years ago, and I remember at the time the Hyper being the go to nitro buggy at the time..

• Like 1

Yeh the Hypers are good buggys and robust

My son and i both run the 100A (4s) version and upped the pinion from 14 tooth to 17 tooth and they go really well and no heat problems as yet :good:

• Like 2

On 08/09/2021 at 17:55, Captain Howdy said:

I was going to wait on the WLtoys 124017 as my next car as being fairly new to this. I've bought a few alloy bling bits for it already but it's going to have to go on the back burner just now.

I have friends with a couple of 1/10 scale short course/trophy trucks that are real fast,  I can't stand the look of those trucks though just like rc monster trucks (not for me)

My little HBX 16890 just doesn't cut it with them at all, so decided to go with the Hobao 

I love the look and the physics of a 4wd buggy in motion and in flight, It's a thing of beauty to me.

I'll get the Hobao Vse ordered next week. I'm sure I'll have loads of questions.

yup the hyper vse is pretty solid out the box as dad "stormbringer says" we have the 4s versions and they go pretty sweet, just remember to get some blue thread lock for the wheel nuts and some other metal to metal screws 🙂

heres a vid of both mine and dads on 4s on pretty rough terrain 🙂

• Like 3

they havnt 1/2 shot up in price :insane:

the 6s was 385 before and the 4s (our 1) was 325 wow now 399 😞

we were running them at Craigie quarry near Queensferry :good:

Edited by Stormbringer
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, James.S said:

Can't see any pictures of it, but I can see the price though 😑 

£520 sounds a little steep

Yeah bit pricey like 

I’m gunna guess that the V2 has most or all of the PRO version CNC parts and chassis to rival the new Arrma TLR ? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tomr said:

I’m gunna guess that the V2 has most or all of the PRO version CNC parts and chassis to rival the new Arrma TLR ? 

Yeah you would hope so for that price. Although i'm sure it will still be a good bit less expensive than the Arrma, and probably a lot tougher.

It could be worth the money, we'll just have to wait & see what it's like when all the details/photos are released.

I'll be interested to see if they also change any of the electronics for the V2, because a better servo and a slightly higher KV motor would make a big difference to performance I think.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, James.S said:

Yeah you would hope so for that price. Although i'm sure it will still be a good bit less expensive than the Arrma, and probably a lot tougher.

It could be worth the money, we'll just have to wait & see what it's like when all the details/photos are released.

I'll be interested to see if they also change any of the electronics for the V2, because a better servo and a slightly higher KV motor would make a big difference to performance I think.

yeh dad and i use 2200kv motors  the hobbywing max 8 combo on our converted hyper 7's and they are insanely fast 🙂

• Like 3

My VS is up for sale on ebay, will be getting an ST once i've fixed my air compressor 🤦‍♂️

Is there much height difference between the VS and ST? They're not cutting the grass as much round here now and the VS struggles a bit

Edited by Scottyb

I think if i end up buying new though i may aswell wait for MT roller to come in stock instead as it will be roughly the same price if wheelspin sell them at £355, it's only a plus though not a plus 2

Edited by Scottyb

Ohh version 2, can anyone find any pictures? I have had a look on google and cant seem to find anything.

I love my 150a version VSe though, although I notice the steering drifting very slightly left with the trim as far as it'll go to try and compensate so might have to have a look and see what needs adjusting.

I am rubbish with steering  so if you guys have any obvious things to do first, let me know.

Otherwise its great, I did manage to bend one of the rear drive shafts but was very easy to replace, otherwise I have put many, many lipos through it with no other issues.

I've been looking at a kronos or dementor aswell but from watching videos and reviews they don't look like they could take as much abuse as a VS or ST, I've gave my VS a good thrashing at a bmx track a few times and only broke a front hinge pin and that's with close to kev talbot abuse. I watched a vid of a kronos a while ago but not sure who it was, either rckicks or aussie playground and he wrecked it on the first run, the chassis flex at the back put me off it.