• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Ftx outlaw or LaTrax Teton

shuff

Evening To you all, 

looking for a car for my my little lad, not bought for a few years following from my hyper 7.5, Losi nighthawk and hip firestorm. 

Looking at the FTX outlaw brushed then noticed the LaTrax, which is the same money, but looks better built. 

Will mostly be street (cobbles) local park and dirt track use, not much (if any) grass. 

which would you guys recommend, I do have lipos left from my other cars, so 2s compatible. 

Hi, you do realise the Outlaw is 1/10 and the Teton 1/18?  Anything slightly rough, almost certainly cobbles, will throw something like the Teton off course fairly regularly.  Fine on smooth tarmac, hard compacted earth, but anything else I'd take the Outlaw out of those two.  Having said that, for 125 quid there are other options like ECX Amp, or for 25 more the ECX Torment, both very robust bashers for young enthusiasts.

And your existing 2S lipos if from a FS etc, won't fit into a Teton.

as said the teton is 1/18 scale so is fairly small compared to 1:10. i bought one for my son whos 9 and hes loves it. takes some beatings as it is a traxxas brand... parts are easy to get online and cheapish. only downside is the included charger isnt the best and the batteries are the small included 6 cell nimhs. so more will be needed as they dont have a great run time or consider a lipo change over. and then it just sings. its is fairly nippy for small thing

What does he use the Teton over though? I was looking at both but the FTX just seems more capable. Its pretty reasonably at crawling which, considering its not designs as a crawler, is pretty impressive.

Edited by Nickarla

When I went into MS I was surprised at how miniature the Teton looked. Completely different size/beast to the Outlaw. Its a shame, a slightly larger (1:16 or 1:12) Teton would be awesome, but as it is, just too small, limiting where you can use it.

Edited by Nickarla

5 hours ago, heavyleftthumb said:

they do a 1:10 scale teton its called the telluride or something... same style just bigger but price is going to be bigger too lol seen one bashed and took some hammer

Yep, based on the stampede 4x4 :good:

• 3 weeks later...