• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Were can I get a hyper 7 brushless conversion kit

kyleeb4

1 hour ago, kyleeb4 said:

Anyone help lads need a hyper 7 tq brushless conversion kit can’t seem to find one just hyper 8 

from mem the motor mount is the same.  Personally your better off getting the Hyper SSe / VSe motor mount (direct fit to the 7) and the losi 8 batt tray - part no losa446 - which is a direct no drill fit to the h7 using the h7 u shaped engine bracket.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOSA4461-Team-Losi-Battery-Tray-8E-New-in-Package/321573532965?epid=2255631238&hash=item4adf46b525:g:6Q4AAOSwqYZZuuH1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HoBao-Hyper-SS-Motor-Mount-H90057/282475078936?epid=1852714049&hash=item41c4d3a518:g:McgAAOSw9k5XPgrK

The Losi tray is hard to find in UK for some reason. You will need to chop a little off the ends where the esc sits so that it doesnt touch the rear arm.

Edited by locky

4 hours ago, kyleeb4 said:

Anyone help lads need a hyper 7 tq brushless conversion kit can’t seem to find one just hyper 8 

I should have some more of these done in the week:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192392621092?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

Just need the Losi tray then.

I'm having a major H7 clear out of duplicate and/or unwanted parts, probably try to get some bits listed on here before xmas.  Some bits are at my parents house but hope to have it all back in one place soon, and I'm pretty sure I had a couple of BL conv' kits amongst that lot, surplus to requirements, as well as various other CNC / Pro 7075 bits & pieces. 

15 hours ago, bertberr said:

I'm having a major H7 clear out of duplicate and/or unwanted parts, probably try to get some bits listed on here before xmas.  Some bits are at my parents house but hope to have it all back in one place soon, and I'm pretty sure I had a couple of BL conv' kits amongst that lot, surplus to requirements, as well as various other CNC / Pro 7075 bits & pieces. 

I'd like a set of rear cnc hubs if u have any dude....pm me if so:good:.

On 12/17/2017 at 19:47, bertberr said:

Let me know when you've sorted them, I'm always after H7 bits, especially carbon funkery.

I think froggy is having the CNC rear hubs, but if it falls through I'll give you a shout.

most of the duplicate bits are the Pro 7075 / CNC stuff, never bought much of the CF bits, as the buggy was (and still is) just a basher, so weight not much of a concern to me - just as well with a H7... :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
18 hours ago, Nickarla said:

Hobao one form the SSe / VSe etc is the best option.

Cheap eBay one won't fit despite what it says - without major modding.

The last one is made by Daz here on the forum - made for the buggy but should fit the ST.  I've seen one fitted - good stuff.

I use these for ST's:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113428401866

If you want one I've a spare I can do cheaper than the ebay price.

41775579244_a66fd41669_o.jpg

Thanks but why is that one twice the price of the other similar eBay ones and more expensive than the CNC one? Additional ‘screws,shims and spacers spacers required’ plus technical skill to fit doesn’t sound like it fits too well either?!

9 hours ago, Nickarla said:

Thanks but why is that one twice the price of the other similar eBay ones and more expensive than the CNC one? Additional ‘screws,shims and spacers spacers required’ plus technical skill to fit doesn’t sound like it fits too well either?!

Because it fits, the cam type one you pictured doesn't work in an ST - note how the bearing 'holee' is off centre - the ST's isn't.  It's a similar price to Daz's and cheaper than the official part (whilst being a similar design).  It's also the only one that has a third leg to rest of the chassis and share the load.  Pays your money and makes your choice - if you want one here it'd be £22 net.

Screws you'll need the two through chassis ones that you already have to mount your rear diff carrier (though i'd replace them - pennies).  Look on the pic - I didn't refit the plastic guide that is between the metal diff post and plastic part - I assume that's why I needed to use to little washers (ie shims / spacers) under the mount to get the level the same as the mount.  Also the two locking screws that hold the sliding part of the mount once you've set your mesh - I used button head ones here.  The wording is to cover against ebay idiots who expect the earth and have little skill or understanding and PP claim everything.

8 hours ago, Nickarla said:

Out of curiosity what's this part? Mine has regular dog bones.

44391702020_cc650ce9af_c.jpg

Rear centre shaft on the Pro is a UJ to the rear diff input - rather than dogbone and cup.  (So is front iirc).

On 07/12/2018 at 07:42, Nickarla said:

Thanks mate, it does look good. What material is it, how’s it made and how thick is it? What’s the gross £?

With pp fees £23, postage would be 1st class.  It's machined and fairly well, we've not broke one or come across one that has - but i'd guess from the weight and feel it's a fairly low grade alloy construction.  Certainly not to the quality of the stock VS/SS type mount but does what it needs to for a good chunk less.

Rather than conduct possible sales in the forum drop me a pm and we can sort it out.

c