• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas trx4 owners thread.

Gaz!

7 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Yeh the Traxxas system is 3v and if your spotlights etc are 3v you can connect it into the Traxxas system 

If the lights you want to add are 5-7.4v you can use a Y lead of the receiver to power them 

I used a Y lead for my TRX4 for the front bumper mounted spots . In the trx6 a Y lead is used for the roof lights but is another plug to unplug if taking body right off

I also usually leave the wires long enough that i can take the body off and able to lay on its side for battery fitting/removal without unplugging

My bumper lights are off a y lead which didnt bother me as i dont have to disconnect it at all, i take it i would just tap into the wires for say the roof bar if i wanted side spot lamps (3v ones)?

Edited by wolfie1
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Yeh not cheap is it  :insane:

Thing is will it be much brighter than 1's linked to earlier ?

Don’t know probably not 🤣 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, wolfie1 said:

My bumper lights are off a y lead which didnt bother me as i dont have to disconnect it at all, i take it i would just tap into the wires for say the roof bar if i wanted side spot lamps (3v ones)?

If they are 3v then yeh could wire it into the traxxas  lights

1 hour ago, Stormbringer said:

the wee lights going on the bumper ?

That’s the plan yes but not 100% sure that’s what will happen have a couple more ideas in my head but tomorrow is going to be a tinkering day come he’ll or high water 🤣

• Haha 1

@Stormbringer I know this is going to sound stupid and I feel stupid for asking but finely fitted the new esc/motor bloody brilliant it is to but I have the program box is it the v1 or v2 chart card thing I use to set up the ESC thing I’ve been looking and using the v1 side only realised there’s the v2 on the back of the program box 🤣

hope all that makes sense can’t be bothered to pug it all back up to find out 🤣

• Haha 1

Hmm

mine didnt come with the program box but it did come with a sticker to put on the box

the sticker just says 

quicrun fusion pro

and theres 13 items on it and i just stuck it onto a spare program box i had as we have a few kicking about from various hobbywing esc's

Having said that isnt it the V2 we have ?

This is the box i used and i used included sticker on it 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/hobbywing-general-led-program-card-for-xerun-ezrun-and-quicrun-442555

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Heres my box with stcker applied

oRk97JL.jpg

Yeah that’s the box I have was doing it wrong 🤣 was using the sticker already on the box need to put the one that comes with the ESC/motor on it 

thanks for clearing that up for me 👌

• Like 1

Not mine, but check these cool looking things out, shock towers would need changed though, dont know how to link to aliexpress so here is a screenshot if you search for ajrc negative pressure shock on ali they come up though

IMG_1880.png

Edited by wolfie1

1 hour ago, wolfie1 said:

Not mine, but check these cool looking things out, shock towers would need changed though, dont know how to link to aliexpress so here is a screenshot if you search for ajrc negative pressure shock on ali they come up though

IMG_1880.png

What’s the difference between these and normal ones 🤔

Well I need a new servo as it smoked it’s self this evening 🙄 think is been on it’s way out for a bit as it was getting weaker every time I used it any recommendations? don't mind pay for a decent one as the trx4 is quite heavy at the front needs to be as powerful as possible