• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas trx4 owners thread.

Gaz!

Thanks 😁 really grown on me can’t wait to see what it looks like in the sun and the money I saved with wheels will go towards a new RX/TX I’m thinking of get the RX/TX that comes with the RTR versions also don’t know if this has been asked do you need the Traxxas TX/RX and ESC to run the light kit or can you use other options? 

43 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

Thanks 😁 really grown on me can’t wait to see what it looks like in the sun and the money I saved with wheels will go towards a new RX/TX I’m thinking of get the RX/TX that comes with the RTR versions also don’t know if this has been asked do you need the Traxxas TX/RX and ESC to run the light kit or can you use other options? 

I just reread the instructions for installing the pro lighting system, there is 2 ways to do it, with the tqi receiver using the maxx link cable and there is another way plugging the other supplied cable into the channel 2 and then plugging the esc into the y plug, and the other cable goes into the second channel 1 port on the receiver, whether you can do this with a y splitter is anyones guess if you only have 1 channel 1 port on the receiver like every other receiver i have ever seen

• Like 1

I’m looking at getting a tqi radio withe the 5ch receiver the one you get with the RTR’s anyway so the light kit will have to wait a bit long good job the nights are getting longer 🤣

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Have you saw this 1 ?

it comes as a combo with the blue tooth module

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/traxxas-24ghz-tsm-4-channel-radio-395449oth module

If it’s going to last and have them features that’s something I would happily pay that price 👍 you can get the Bluetooth link thing separately can’t you ? if I can’t find somewhere that has the set you linked 

2 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Yeh you can buy the BT module separate

Check prices tho as not sure its cheaper than buying it all seperately tho  

I’ll have a look 👍

I'm really regretting not buying the premium version kit 🤣

• Haha 1

After a bit of looking around I’ve ordered a new TQI controller and the 5ch receiver and the Bluetooth module thing for £20 cheaper 👍

does pay to look around 🤣

• Like 1

Withe the Bluetooth thing it says you can adjust the end points with the app would I be able to adjust the end points on the 2 speed and diff locking servos ? 

I think you can but its been a while since been on the app

I know you can change servo direction  as had to do that when replaced stock steering servos

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

I think you can but its been a while since been on the app

I know you can change servo direction  as had to do that when replaced stock steering servos

I only asked because from my understanding that’s why the mini/micro servos give up is there all ways under load so being able to adjust the end points should help right?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

None of mine have failed yet and seemed ok out the box but yeh it should help them :good:

Yeah but knowing my luck they would die on the first outing 🤣 

• Haha 1

I think that's what I put in mine when I rebuilt them a while back.

From memory i100 cst is a bit thinner than the stock oil but I thought I'd give it a try to see if it improved handling at speed on the trail; it might have a little bit.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, BigGinge said:

I think that's what I put in mine when I rebuilt them a while back.

From memory i100 cst is a bit thinner than the stock oil but I thought I'd give it a try to see if it improved handling at speed on the trail; it might have a little bit.

Brilliant thanks, i was worried that it may be too soft, can you still drive at speed along a track without it rolling over too easily?

It doesn't seem to have made it any more likely to roll over than the stock oil when going fast and it might be a little smoother over bumps at speed now. Though I suspect the difference is fairly subtle and could easily be masked/overshadowed by having a bit more stick time with the truck and getting used to the handling (or just trying to remember it isn't a buggy when your flying down the trail).

• Haha 1

So wired up the temperature activated cooling fan for the motor today, it works a treat, comes on at 50 degrees and off again at 45, perfect. So thought i would go do some rock crawling around the garden and then the front locking diff servo went fubar, its not even a month old! So have ordered a power hd replacement servo and a replacement set of gears  for the original servo and since its the teeth thats gone its not covered under warranty, i just wonder if i should have ordered 3 servos as since 1 has gone  surely the other 2 cannot be far behind……. So hopefully it arrives Saturday as i was too late in ordering today for dispatch. I wonder if i can jerry rig a something for the intrim, any ideas?

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, wolfie1 said:

So wired up the temperature activated cooling fan for the motor today, it works a treat, comes on at 50 degrees and off again at 45, perfect. So thought i would go do some rock crawling around the garden and then the front locking diff servo went fubar, its not even a month old! So have ordered a power hd replacement servo and a replacement set of gears  for the original servo and since its the teeth thats gone its not covered under warranty, i just wonder if i should have ordered 3 servos as since 1 has gone  surely the other 2 cannot be far behind……. So hopefully it arrives Saturday as i was too late in ordering today for dispatch. I wonder if i can jerry rig a something for the intrim, any ideas?

This is what I’m worried about when I install the diff lockers and 2 speed I’ve got the Bluetooth module I’m hoping I can adjust the end points on the mini servos so not to have them under constant strain