• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas trx4 owners thread.

Gaz!

I would say cut down the cage to fit over the cab, reason being I've not seen a canvas tilt home made that really nails it for perspective, being a land rover nerd and a coach trimmer I'm a bit picky:rolleyes:.

Thanks for the comments!!

Decision made and fired up the dremel :)

Trimmed the cage down and left one of the horizontal bars long. Bent it to meet the bottom bar, drilled a hole through and glued in a thin bar. Not pretty but i'll apply some polish later :D

40127550994_4254d9b0cd_c.jpg

I hope it meets approval! :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davy Crockett said:

Trimmed the cage down and left one of the horizontal bars long. Bent it to meet the bottom bar, drilled a hole through and glued in a thin bar. Not pretty but i'll apply some polish later :D

I approve :good: looks spot on :) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Davy Crockett said:

Looks great mate :good:

• Like 1

Some great info on this thread, I got mine a couple of days ago and constantly fighting he urge to start spending!

reqlly like the front bumper and SSD beadlocks.

I have an issue with some marks on the injection moulded shell. Very slight bobble in the front roof panel right in the middle. The modelshop has opened 3 and sent me pictures and they all have the same mark. 

Very annoying, I need to find something to go over the mark.

The front lights don't come with buckets and look rubbish with an LED popped in so raided the spares box and found a couple.

Cut a hole and glued in buckets....

40926079032_0018c6621b_c.jpg

Wired up side, tail and headlamps - 2 switches, one for LEDs and one for lightbar when I order one

Popped the body on for a quick pose..... hoping to finish rear mounts tonight

40926078712_ebc694fc9e_c.jpg

I have wheel arches, just need to order inners

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, gti power said:

Still haven't order my trx-4 yet, can't decide on a red or a grey one ? 

As this will be my first dealing with lipos I'm looking at buying the https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/242974/ and the https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/245761/ as I feel these will make introduction to lipos much easier for a beginner? 

I was nervous with wife at side handing over 470 quid but wow just wow.

Steering servo yep could be a tad better and more weight down below but overall it's a right bit of kit .

Tried the cheap cheerful ones there great but just not a trx and that's being totally honest 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, seanv said:

I was nervous with wife at side handing over 470 quid but wow just wow.

Steering servo yep could be a tad better and more weight down below but overall it's a right bit of kit .

Tried the cheap cheerful ones there great but just not a trx and that's being totally honest 

I had a Scx-10 with a D90 Body and that was my first crawler, it ended up costing and loosing a small fortune but I think that's the nature of this hobby. 

I've looked at second hand ones but they sell for silly money, new is the only option. 

2 minutes ago, gti power said:

I had a Scx-10 with a D90 Body and that was my first crawler, it ended up costing and loosing a small fortune but I think that's the nature of this hobby. 

I've looked at second hand ones but they sell for silly money, new is the only option. 

Snap had a deadbolt got d90 body ect ECT.

Got ftx outback not bad for what I gave for it but only a small motor but a good starter which I have kept .

The trx is a diffrent kettle of fish .locking diffs 2 speed it's awesome.

I look forward to seen your pics TOMORROW when you get it 

4 minutes ago, seanv said:

Snap had a deadbolt got d90 body ect ECT.

Got ftx outback not bad for what I gave for it but only a small motor but a good starter which I have kept .

The trx is a diffrent kettle of fish .locking diffs 2 speed it's awesome.

I look forward to seen your pics TOMORROW when you get it 

Ha ha unfortunately it won't be tomorrow, maybe next weekend.... I have been trying to resist temptation however it seems to be getting the better of me. 

2 minutes ago, gti power said:

Ha ha unfortunately it won't be tomorrow, maybe next weekend.... I have been trying to resist temptation however it seems to be getting the better of me. 

Only here once pal that's how I look at it .like gaz said to me I won't regret it and I don't not at all and the scale looks is great from standard 

• Like 1

I’ve completely ruined my standard SCX10 ii body already so have ordered a painted Land Rover killerbodies one.

ill post a pic when it arrives of it next to the TRX-4. Ive has them both out and I find the TRX-4 more capable but it falls over a lot, reqlly is top heavy!

A TRX4 will be joining my Super Baja Rey in the near future. After watching the Scale Build Guild videos, I do love the detail. I'll probably spec it up with some knights customs parts. The LR body is top heavy. Have you guys found adding the Brass / alloy to the unsprung mass has countered the top heavy side of things?

2 hours ago, RobFandango said:

I’ve completely ruined my standard SCX10 ii body already so have ordered a painted Land Rover killerbodies one.

ill post a pic when it arrives of it next to the TRX-4. Ive has them both out and I find the TRX-4 more capable but it falls over a lot, reqlly is top heavy!

I did read you really need the Brass / alloy hubs / drive bars etc to try and bring the CG down and add to the unsprung weight. There's also the lower CG Battery tray too, which is an option or using a smaller Lipo as per amainhobbies suggestion.