• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas trx4 owners thread.

Gaz!

I have decided that the rusty black bolts on the wing bits look rubbish, so i went to go look for black aluminium ones but couldnt find any that size, could find black titanium ones but stupid expensive so have settled on black stainless steel ones, so here's hoping they dont rust

16 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

Might be worth a shot or I might make a set up my self 👍 

you say the TRX 4 isn’t made for speed but they do shift with a bit of tinkering can get about 30mph I want to go past a speed camera with an RC going faster than 30 🤣

I bought the trx because its small, light, not fast and its quiet, i have nitros that are fast but wanted something i could use at home without disturbing the neighbours horses in the fields around the house and not have to go somewhere to have a bit of fun, i totally get the making it fast bit but there are better platforms to do that out there. I even considered a trx6 and the truck version (would have loved the retractable bed kit) but even thought that would have been too big for what i was wanting to do with it and of course working for JLR it had to be a Land Rover

1 hour ago, Stormbringer said:

the lights may change mode when you hold full lock for 5 or 10 seconds and i spent more time trying to get back to the mode i wanted than driving the truck :insane:

Sounds like the bec is struggling with the power drain from the servo, same happens with my lads outlaw and all his lights, turn the wheel the modes change due to the power droop lol

1 hour ago, RC4WD fan said:

Might be worth a shot or I might make a set up my self 👍 

you say the TRX 4 isn’t made for speed but they do shift with a bit of tinkering can get about 30mph I want to go past a speed camera with an RC going faster than 30 🤣

Got my trx to about 30mph before it hit a parked car with a brushless crawler setup, others are pushing 60mph with major mods.
The portals slow it down, amazing they can take the rpm, best bashing crawler by far 😉

So found some time yesterday to add these aluminum bumpers, rear 1 was straight forward to do but the front not no much, it was never designed for the traxxas winch to be installed to it, so with not wanting to waste £30 and 2 weeks of my life waiting for it i had to remove some material from the bull bar bit then had to work out where the screw mounts were in the bottom of the winch and drill holes right through the bumper from the bottom up to mount the winch down onto, only issue now is the metal finisher on the front  doesnt attach to anything, so i am going to drill out and tap the holes to m4 to bolt the finisher on, so far i am quite pleased with the way it turned out.

When buying i couldn’t decide which bumper i liked best so i bought 2 and now 1 is surplus to requirements so if anyone wants to buy it £20, but be warned fitting a traxxas winch you will have to remove some material and drill new holes in it but will be very easy to do with that bumper as the mounting bit is only 3-4mm thick as opposed to 15mm with the other 1 and being easier to access and flatter to drill.

I did also fit 10mm spacers so hopefully be less easy to roll

52D7D42B-4D71-4434-BC92-0CB48C3197D7.jpeg

F4648E84-86E2-4F9D-B54B-5F8BDF9EECBA.jpeg

DA64FEDB-43B2-4976-8DC2-A91ED5C1B3A0.jpeg

12532B6F-7004-482F-87A1-F36ABCC8BBE5.jpeg

Edited by wolfie1
  • Like 3

I’m looking at the SSD front bumper for the TRX 4 £16 from rcbitz it’s just a stock looking bumper for a defender https://store-4t9e73st.mybigcommerce.com/scale-crawler-accessories/bumpers-fenders-rock-sliders/ssd-d110-aluminum-front-bumper-for-trx4-scx10-ii-ssd00203-traxxas-axial-trx-4/

29 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

I’m looking at the SSD front bumper for the TRX 4 £16 from rcbitz it’s just a stock looking bumper for a defender https://store-4t9e73st.mybigcommerce.com/scale-crawler-accessories/bumpers-fenders-rock-sliders/ssd-d110-aluminum-front-bumper-for-trx4-scx10-ii-ssd00203-traxxas-axial-trx-4/

Yup you cant get more oe looking than that

1 minute ago, Stormbringer said:

Thats same bumper as i am using and have a winch on it :good:

Really doesn’t look the same the one in your pics has a big bottom bit with lights 🤔

The lights are spot lamps hanging down from the top bar i drilled 2 holes for them and drilled some holes for the shackles 

the big bottom bit is the plate the winch sits on 

I got mine from Amazon  i think lol 

2 hours ago, RC4WD fan said:

Really doesn’t look the same the one in your pics has a big bottom bit with lights 🤔

The square bull bar bit im on about on stormbringers

Edited by wolfie1

20 hours ago, wolfie1 said:

I really hope you get instructions in english with that, doesnt look like there is rock lights or roof lights, do you think you can add to the module?

I hope so for whoever buys one 🤣

but in the end I brought the original light kit I wanted https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/injora-front-rear-led-light-kit-for-traxxas-trx-4-defender-1348134 if it’s no good it’s not a lot of money wasted 

would like the traxxas kit might buy it later on if the kit I ordered is no good don’t see the need for rock lights though 🤣

17 hours ago, RC4WD fan said:

I hope so for whoever buys one 🤣

but in the end I brought the original light kit I wanted https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/injora-front-rear-led-light-kit-for-traxxas-trx-4-defender-1348134 if it’s no good it’s not a lot of money wasted 

would like the traxxas kit might buy it later on if the kit I ordered is no good don’t see the need for rock lights though 🤣

That kit does look similar to the integy kits, looks like they have a few for the defender shell

So drilled and tapped the bumper for the fairlead to fit and soldered up some wires to get the lights working on the trailer, i am still going to look into getting the stop and tail and indicators to work off the traxxas module once i find some connectors that plug into it, as its too expensive to buy another kit and butcher the plugs off it

AD981C60-E3AF-4E8E-8509-9BBBAFBA35FF.jpeg

019E9B2A-314B-41F0-82D4-471FBEF420B9.jpeg

77A9BAB8-307F-46DA-AC86-BB5CBB7DE166.jpeg

Edited by wolfie1
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

theres this that fits to the light system gives you indicators ,brake and reversing lights 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/traxxas-trx-4-pro-scale-lighting-system-1337498

Yes, but its too expensive too buy just to cut the connectors off just to power the lights on the trailer, i need to find the connecters that plug into the module, maybe rs components might sell them