• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas trx4 owners thread.

Gaz!

Ooh, forgot to add, 

put another couple of hours on my Trx4, again no issues to report thus far.

thought I had burnt out the gear change servo so swapped it out for another and still wasn’t working, turns out that in the rain at the nationals got into my transmitter and now channel a (little toggle switch) has packed up, moved gear change to another button and all is well again.

i have to say that overall this is such a good truck and goes wherever it’s pointed, so happy with this truck!

on another note, I have to say, the venture isn’t too shabby either....

• 1 month later...

fd40d946569f23d5ae7990eced84acd4.jpgbcd6dd6198567ce39049c3074338e6fb.jpgc62463c381698694401138c3468b1630.jpg0061e16ae19de0e7b25bc57c59150b20.jpg absolutely loving my new trx4
I am usually a basher but crawling is so thrilling,, I’m 28 and it almost feels like I’m a child again it has brought my imagination out so much lol, to the point I have made a full on crawling track in the woods behind my house,, I plan on making it a lot better in there too as my son got a skully off Santa and he absolutely loves it too [emoji847]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Not a Traxxas fan by a long shot, but this impressed me big time, has me seriously thinking about using one as a base for a solid axle MT

That actually hurt me so much to watch,,I could never treat my trx4 like that lol,now the x maxx on the other hand [emoji39][emoji2957]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had my Sport for a few months and looking to bring the c  of g and some weight lower down via brass portal covers. The problem is the market saturated with different makes like SSD,HR,Samix,MFR,Yeah to name but a few.

Does anyone have any recommendations I guess the Fastrax ones are rebranded generic ones?

15 hours ago, Ray68 said:

Had my Sport for a few months and looking to bring the c  of g and some weight lower down via brass portal covers. The problem is the market saturated with different makes like SSD,HR,Samix,MFR,Yeah to name but a few.

Does anyone have any recommendations I guess the Fastrax ones are rebranded generic ones?

SSD is the best of that bunch, also British so worth supporting.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Got the kit just before Christmas with a view to trying to get the eldest off his ar#e and hopefully interested. Picked up a clear defender shell and gave him the choice on paint. 

Finally got out at the weekend and now I can't get the transmitter off him - the words 'awesome' were grunted frequently! 

Say what you like about traxxas business ethics but you have to admire the engineering that's gone into these - and I'm no fan boy BTW but it looks like another one will have to be acquired. 

Here's a couple of pics as he tackles a wall. 

Still needs mirrors and roof rack 

and lights......... 

some stickers...... 

winch, possibly. ..... 

some detail work....... 

but for now just enjoying watching the excitement and amazement it brings. 

_20190411_143120.JPG

_20190411_143138.JPG

Edited by Daddyroo
  • Like 1

Like it. Even though it's Traxxas... Always good to spend some rc time with your kids.  Spent a few hours on our back garden trail course yesterday with my 8yr old daughter and a Thunder Tiger Hilux and a little 1:24 Outback Mini. Beats the Xbox any day!

• Like 1

Finally got round to getting a set,

after being hit with customs and charges, you wouldn’t get much change from £80 :banghead:

now for for years I’ve praised the Rc4wd punisher shafts but as time has worn on, scale looking versions have evolved which I’m not keen on, no where near as beefy as the old v1’s

now I can see why these cost more, the fit and finish is superb, sliding the shaft in and out feels silky smooth (no pun intended, you dirty minded buggers :rofl:) built them up as per guide using their included grease and threadlock and added a touch of heat shrink over the pin joint as is recommended.

6-ABA0-C4-A-B09-C-43-D7-BC18-471-D2-E18-

D5-E31871-206-E-444-F-9967-AF7670-BBF582

and fitted to the old war horse,

232-C524-E-FC4-A-41-CA-B536-008-FCAD7101

all sorted and ready for the upcoming recon g6.

after this I’ll completely strip, grease and rebuild ready for its next adventure.....

thanks for looking. :good:

• Like 1

On 15/01/2019 at 21:58, Gaz! said:

Ooh, almost forgot, few pics of the old girl out on its last bash with my daughter and her venture 

3-EF14-E1-C-ECC6-4276-84-B0-41972989-B1-

4393-AD92-66-BC-47-E7-8-F97-EAFC15067908

477-E1159-808-C-404-E-946-A-B8833219367-

94048-FCB-1-B3-C-427-A-A5-FB-174-EE4-C78

8486-ADED-8347-4-EDB-A5-E7-67-D8-C0485-A

E108-D01-A-CB3-A-489-E-A7-B4-EC57437-BEC

I'm thinking to bought my first scale but what the best choice: HPI or Traxxas?

Both very capable trucks from what I researched before buying. What tipped the balance for me was the huge choice of upgrades and accessories available for the traxxas. 

I keep looking at the Hpi as a second truck for my son (the trx is supposed to be mine) but the lack of kits/RTRs and spares availability alone is steering me towards a trx sport. 

• Thanks 1