• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maverick Scout ESC with lipo

sunny

Hi guys, I have a scout with msc 25 esc. I have googled and searched loads and it says it has low voltage cut off but people on other forums say it does not? does anyone know for sure and if so how do you activate lipo mode or lvc?

Wierd I had a closer look and I can see two jumper type things that could be swapped any idea what configuration would be lipo? at the moment both the bits are towards the inside of the esc leaving the pin towards the outer end of the esc exposed if that makes sense.

2 hours ago, Isle of Wight Basher said:

As this, the MSC-25 doesn't have Lipo LVC the MSC-30BR does using a jumper to switch between Lipo & Nimh battery types.

2 hours ago, sunny said:

Wierd I had a closer look and I can see two jumper type things that could be swapped any idea what configuration would be lipo? at the moment both the bits are towards the inside of the esc leaving the pin towards the outer end of the esc exposed if that makes sense.

Probably to switch between car and boat. Someone on oOple phoned HPI who confirmed that the MSC-25 esc doesn't have Lipo LVC ^_^

11 hours ago, sunny said:

Is it definately the 25 you've got as pics I've seen and manual doesn't mention about any jumpers. Does it look like the quicrun 1060? Jumpers on that are to set battery type and run mode. 

48 minutes ago, stretch said:

Is it definately the 25 you've got as pics I've seen and manual doesn't mention about any jumpers. Does it look like the quicrun 1060? Jumpers on that are to set battery type and run mode. 

Its in garage now but will get a pic tomorrow