• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My HPI Vorza Flux HP.

53 minutes ago, Guns said:

Heard the rear hubs are weak, couldn't find the Optional Alloy ones from HB/HPI so went with Boom Racing for a 3rd of the price.

18t Pinion and 6s en route :)

The boom racing ones were narrow when I had some and needed to get extra spacers to go on the hinge pins. The GPM ones for thew HPI Trophy are a more/ perfect direct fit.

I haven't got the mill running yet. Was going to do some motor mounts :rolleyes: May be a while before I get it how I want it :rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, Guns said:

hmm, I didn't go with VE8 ones because they needed spacers. hmmm

I think these suffice if/when you need them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tough-Nylon-Plastic-Spacers-Standoff-Washers-M3-M4-M5-M6-M8-M10-Pack-of-15-/201472754302?var=&hash=item2ee8b6427e:m:mWnxuEeo8PVa0GlFGnMBglQ

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-x-Jet-Black-Nylon-Plastic-SPACERS-Standoff-Washer-M2-M3-M4-M5-M6-M8-M10-M12-/302019421824?var=&hash=item4651c2a680:m:mHlsiUJSKp3eLtxPNDpk12A

They may have changed spec on the hubs with any luck. 

The D8T Tessmann ones are the best. No spacer needed but do use plastic bushings (sold separately :rolleyes:)

Had some Edit ones as well but they also needed spacers either side. Kept breaking pins so dumped em but they had a fair old chunky weight to them.

Edited by dazp1976

5 minutes ago, Guns said:

Boom sold Apache and Vorza ones, Im hoping the Vorza ones are different and won't need spacers?

Fingers crossed. They didn't have Vorza ones at my time so I ended up with the Apache's.

2 minutes ago, Guns said:

Identical to the Apache ones. Look the same narrowness at the bottom with the same spacers. I was fussy and didn't like having black & white spacers :lol:

My gripe was you have to buy the hubs from HPI to get spare ones :ack: See how it looks first.

2 minutes ago, Guns said:

Theyve shipped now lol..

This came today, its either going to be awesome or a catastrophic failure haha. 

D13B677E-2CF6-4C57-951C-34013737FE8A_zps

Looks the part. If it's claims are right it should weigh around 800gr.

Probably the best battery tray ive ever used. Its fully adjustable in width and length, with added removable rubber inserts for extra cushioning. Im not sure wether you would have this level of adjustability in another car mind as it screws down from the top as opposed to underneath through the chassis. I had to max it out to fit the 6s lipo which meant moving the ESC Back. 

0ABB98F8-04BF-4237-9034-874272310873_zps

As predicted even on stock gearing its bonkers. The stock tyres might as well have been PVC drift tyres in my cul

de sac.  I Think in the future ill get a Max 8, it will give me 7.2v BEC to my Servo and allow me to adjust the punch etc. Im guessing this is a Quicrun 150a re brand so theres not much you can change. 

Tyres and a Max 8 and this will be perfect. Its going to be mental geared up :)

Cheers mate, I'm pretty good with a drill, Just wondered what it's like in general as it never seems to be recommended, But it does look solid, And it's easy to get, So I'll just go for it.

Bit naughty of HPI, You could arguably say they have down graded the ESC if you think the Castle is better than a Quicrun, But still kept the price the same, To not go the Max8 route is a bit poor for a car that is supposed to be the ultimate RTR buggy.  

21 minutes ago, babylon said:

whats the battery box like mate, Looking for one for a conversion and these are readily available on the Bay.

2 piece box that screws down from the top. I have a nitro conversion using one in which I drilled/tapped the chassis 4 holes M5 size.

https://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/103675

On the Vorza I think you can get a 154x52x50mm LxWxH battery.  Beings it's a split box you can adapt a chassis so it can fit a longer/shorter one.

I did consider using these but tapping the chassis was pretty simple :) 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201670879549?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=501291684785&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

OTB The Hobbywing setup is way better than the Castle imo. I've seen the HW version for £100 less than the Castle/Tork ones. Could do with a better servo too tbf.

160mm you can adjust the length too max. Really impressive imo, im just not entirely sure how it works.

Id have obviously preffered a Max 8. That said I used to be a Castle fan boy, but ive had a few let go, so given the choice id say the HW system is better quality even if its cheaper. Dont know if a Max 8 would fit though? I know I got it cheaper than I should have, but with the discounts I got and selling the stock rx/tx/servo it owes me £370 brand new. Yes I bought a £60 servo, and already had a Futaba rx but still. The stock servo suprised me, i didnt even check it till i put it up for sale, but its Metal Gear and 13kg, its more than enough for a 1/8th buggy. I just 'like' nice servos, and couldnt afford my usual Futaba s9373 choice. 

lovely looking car mate, always wanted one of these, its one of my rc 'wants', nearly bought one a few months ago, but ended up buying the losi 4.0 kit, mainly as i just like building kits, but a vorza is on my list for the future :good:

• Like 1

Funnily enough I deep down wanted a Tekno ET48 or a Losi 3.0Te, but ive never actually owned a Vorza despite them been out nearly 8 years. The fact it was less than the Tekno kit for a full rtr swayed it for me and in my limited use, im really happy with it. 

6 minutes ago, Guns said:

Funnily enough I deep down wanted a Tekno ET48 or a Losi 3.0Te, but ive never actually owned a Vorza despite them been out nearly 8 years. The fact it was less than the Tekno kit for a full rtr swayed it for me and in my limited use, im really happy with it. 

glad your happy with it mate, i nearly went with a teckno et 48.3 truggy, or the team durango dex8t, but i just cant shake the want for a vorza, one day i will get one lol :good:

• 2 weeks later...