• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

no more Arrma on wheelspin site???

glxfr

3 hours ago, Guns said:

WS get some flak on here, but Apex are by far the worst for that sort of thing. Look at what they list on ebay, and look at the delivery date. Its upto 2 weeks.... They just post every item on ebay regardless of their own stock. If you order it and they dont have it, they order it from the distributor and then to you. Suppose its fine if its the only place with it, but just seems a bit off to me posting items on ebay you dont have the physical stock of?

To add a bit to that, i was bored and checked wheelspins facebook page. More specifically, their reviews (4.1/5). Was an enjoyable experience, seeing how dozens of reviewers are from the same city in the US, recently met in a restaurant that i can't pronounce because it's all chinese letters, and literally have zero connections to our hobby whatsoever. :rolleyes:

I mean, sure. Many people buy reviews. But at least buy reviews from services where you get your monies worth to make an effort. 

In regards to Arrma, to my knowledge they didn't get bust. They lost/fired/cancelled whatever their european distributor. Bit like Horizon shut Horizon UK, although you'll still get parts from germany etc, whereas Arrma doesn't have any european distributors anymore. Might be wrong though.

3 hours ago, m4inbrain said:

To add a bit to that, i was bored and checked wheelspins facebook page. More specifically, their reviews (4.1/5). Was an enjoyable experience, seeing how dozens of reviewers are from the same city in the US, recently met in a restaurant that i can't pronounce because it's all chinese letters, and literally have zero connections to our hobby whatsoever. :rolleyes:

I mean, sure. Many people buy reviews. But at least buy reviews from services where you get your monies worth to make an effort. 

In regards to Arrma, to my knowledge they didn't get bust. They lost/fired/cancelled whatever their european distributor. Bit like Horizon shut Horizon UK, although you'll still get parts from germany etc, whereas Arrma doesn't have any european distributors anymore. Might be wrong though.

My info is a little different.

9 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

I will keep a close eye on this site for you in case they come back in.

With the 1/8 Yeti XL being nearly £140 cheaper than the UK, the prices are good and free shipping over £99!

So how much is the 1/8th Yeti XL?

6 hours ago, m4inbrain said:

Im only talking in the shop, Its easier for me to drive there than it is to order, its only 12 miles of straight Motorway :)

1 hour ago, Guns said:

So how much is the 1/8th Yeti XL?

£485 all in, no customs, no extra shipping.

Depends where you buy from but the cheapest place I found it was MS, there list price is £629.

If this place had Bomber kits, I'd already have one ordered.

I enjoy building them too much to buy the RTR, I've decided :( no Bomber for me yet.

11 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

I've actually found a place with a sale on, but they don't have any 1/10 Yetis left, just the 1/8 version.

I'm finding it difficult not to buy a Bomber, the only thing putting me off are the letters 'RTR' :lol: I just enjoy building kits that much, especially Axial ones.

But the price is soooo tempting.

Isn't RTR "ready to repair" :lol:

So you could....

Pull it apart when you get it.....

Shove it all in a box out of the way......

Build it again the week after....

Best of both worlds :thumbsup::lol:

• Like 1

Just now, dazp1976 said:

Isn't RTR "ready to repair" :lol:

So you could....

Pull it apart when you get it.....

Shove it all in a box out of the way......

Build it again the week after....

Best of both worlds :thumbsup::lol:

It only it were that simple lol, the kits also come with a few upgrades, that I do actually want a couple of, the HD gears and Unis, the rest I don't care for as I replace the Axial stuff with SSD or Vanquish anyway.

But £120's worth of Unis and HD gears are hard to pass up.

1 minute ago, Oh How Original said:

It only it were that simple lol, the kits also come with a few upgrades, that I do actually want a couple of, the HD gears and Unis, the rest I don't care for as I replace the Axial stuff with SSD or Vanquish anyway.

But £120's worth of Unis and HD gears are hard to pass up.

That point kind of slipped my brain on the hop-ups you get with kits :doh:

1 minute ago, dazp1976 said:

That point kind of slipped my brain on the hop-ups you get with kits :doh:

Yeah, and there is something different about the smell of opening up a fresh kit compared to a new RTR that someones had their hands all over :lol: that sounded ruder than intended, but for those who enjoy kits, they'll understand what I meant :D 

15 hours ago, Guns said:

I think shadow stock means 'stored in a seperate warehouse'. I also think that it gives them an option for the part to come straight from the distributor to the customer bypassing them.

Yeah that's exactly what they explained to me a couple of years back when I was ranting at them down the phone. Their off-site warehouse is fair enough but trusting a stock checker link to someone else's warehouse is, imho, not accurate enough to offer for sale and take money for it. As I say, that was a couple of years ago, I've used them since on occasion and not had any issues whatsoever.

2 hours ago, paddy d said:

As regards to WS or the Arrmar situation? If it's to do with arrmar could you please elaborate?

Thanks 

I think the "Rumour" is Arrma have gone bust/in financial difficulty. Sure he will correct me if Im wrong?

• 4 weeks later...