• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Outlaw Owners

I do agree with you but what are the options? You have to spend 3 times the price to get a 1/10 4wd car with the same levels of parts availability at the FTX that is decent.

I would prefer to buy cheap and replace a little more often with cheap but readily available parts than pay more for a tougher car that can’t be fixed when something goes wrong (thinking Arrma and ECX).

Pretty much down to budget I'd say.
I prefer to start cheapish and then upgrade as I go. That way I can determine which upgrades I want,and can afford, whilst still using the car.
That said, we're quite fortunate that an upgraded car can be had second hand and sometimes that works really well.
I managed to get a very upgraded Wraith for my son over a year ago at a really decent price, £160 that was built by someone who really knew what they were doing. I've had to change the servo only as a must do replacement, but that was after 9 months of proper bashing. Everything else is spot on, not even had to rebuild the shocks over the course of a year which I think is quite unusual.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

That time has come again for me whether I should sell the outlaw or not ? I've had lots of fun with it but want anther RC so I'm 50/50 with it at the moment ?

1 hour ago, DartmoorTrails said:

What are you thinking to get now?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'm wanting a tamiya mf-01x got one lined up but would need to sell the outlaw first 

1 hour ago, big gaz said:

Lol, wasn’t that long ago I sold my mf01x beetle, I’d not run it either.....

Yeah I know ? It was just what I'm after aswell 

On 16/03/2017 at 16:39, bieomax said:

Picked up a carnage/vantage slipper today, looks like i maybe attempting a gearbox redesign at some point

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

hi there did you manage to do the slipper mod if so how any vids 

On 20/12/2016 at 22:42, Bigjimknickers said:

So what sized pinion would the BL setup require I wonder? IF I've got one of these on the way from mrs santa, I have a 4000 kv motor spare & a BL esc from hobbyking I could possibly bang straight in.

hi there jim do you know if there is any outlaw stronger axles front and back that would fit  even of a other car please new on here i see lots  of respect  for you on here

On 29/06/2018 at 19:32, English outlaw said:

Have to pay del charge at model sport...EBay £1 set of 6 :) free Delivery job done, it's now 4 wheel drive again :)

Well.....it keeps losing the set screw:( keeps going 2 wheel drive. Can someone post a pic of there's? It shouldn't keep unscrewing them....is there a cover for the screw?

20180706_112843.jpg

Edited by English outlaw

6 hours ago, English outlaw said:

Well.....it keeps losing the set screw:( keeps going 2 wheel drive. Can someone post a pic of there's? It shouldn't keep unscrewing them....is there a cover for the screw?

20180706_112843.jpg

A bit of threadlock or superglue works. My brushless summit used to throw these all the time. Some heat shrink over the screw stopped it 

If you've not got any threadlock, a tiny bit of superglue on the thread should stop it. It's so frustrating when these simple things ruin a good bash. My hpi rush evo used to throw dog bones far too frequently.  I tried every trick in the book, to no avail ?

So attempting to pull my boy in kiddy car didn't end well for my outlaw...the rear wheels no longer spin as fast as the front! :( and is making some strange noises...my poor little outlaw probly thought he was going to a nice home but it probly would have been better off with sid from toy story then me haha...It's had a hard life 

20180706_112843.thumb.jpg.03b01a2b9c4746a9769105e675e9708e.jpg

I've lost 2 so far. Once on a brand new metal drive shaft[emoji35]
The heat shrink sounds like a top idea. Will be doing that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro