• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Outlaw Owners

I watched a video from Koenigsegg on how they "print" their parts for a turbo charger in steel... and any other material they choose! Unreal now, 3D printing has opened up a whole now era of production. 

Look forward to seeing the pic :good:

41 minutes ago, bieomax said:

Is it you Noj that i was talking to the other friday at fpr?

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Not myself, an even taller gent, Nige, the proprietor. Often has bits of ceiling stuck in his hair....;)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Oh How Original said:

Just a note after reading the thread and going back to those Austar tyres... I've used the same ones on my Yeti for a while and really like them.

I've used the RC4WD ones as well and you can't tell any difference when the vehicles actually in use.

The best bit about mine is they were 99p posted :D

Probably why they only seem to have them on a buy it now listing.  :D

But agree they are really good tyres and comparable to the RC4WD ones.  :thumbsup:

John

20 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Probably why they only seem to have them on a buy it now listing.  :D

But agree they are really good tyres and comparable to the RC4WD ones.  :thumbsup:

John

Keep your eyes peeled, I have won quite a few things for 99p as well on auctions :)

I won some tyres, I won some wheels, I also won a tyre rack that I'd just paid £14 for lol, got it for 99p and 82p postage, I gave that away to someone I knew wanted one.

Well I ordered a hole load of up-grade parts for the Outlaw, all showing in stock (two different shops) both orders for next day delivery (Tuesday) its now Friday and no parts. I wont name and shame yet as I am waiting on replies from both shops to the emails I have sent them this evening.

I find it a very disappointing state of affairs as both of these shops websites are still showing the parts as available (when clearly they are not)

The total of my orders is just over £180

Needless to say it is unlikely that I will use either of these shops again. They both have actual stores, not just online retailers. And they wonder why we don't support them more!

To be honest what really pisses me off is one of the parts was the steel propshaft to replace my broken plastic one so now I cant use my Outlaw this weekend

I could have ordered a plastic prop for the weekend had I been informed sooner 

Out of interest, how are you guys posting pics on here ?

I use other forums & have posted a lot of pics, all via Photobucket. Now Photobucket seems to have issues, so this evening I've tried using Flickr & imgur but for the life of me I can't get these to work (or don't know how!)

It's giving my a headache :ack:

1 minute ago, DanDare said:

Out of interest, how are you guys posting pics on here ?

I use other forums & have posted a lot of pics, all via Photobucket. Now Photobucket seems to have issues, so this evening I've tried using Flickr & imgur but for the life of me I can't get these to work (or don't know how!)

It's giving my a headache :ack:

Easiest way is just to size your pics to 800 x 600 and add them directly from your phone or PC to your post clicking on the "Click to choose files" link.

John

Hi All 

I notice some of you ordering spare parts for the Outlaw 

can I ask where you are ordering them from ?

I dont need to buy any yet but I am sure the time will come,

i was just going to order them from Modelsport.

Today is the first time I got to use mine today and straight away I noticed the throttle 

is a bit "hit & miss" , from standstill if you gentle try and move forwards sometimes 

it edges forward really slow but sometimes it goes a bit faster, and now and then 

it doesn't move and you have to release the trigger and go again. 

It isn't as bad as it sounds but its not perfect everytime.

So I pulled the old receiver out and replaced it with a FrSky D4R-II, it is too big to fit in the RX box

so for now it is stuck on top of the steering servo. If I replace the ESC I will mount it further back 

then the RX can mount on the same surface in front of it.

Replacing the RX means I can use my Taranis transmitter which is great as I like stick controllers

and dont like steering wheel ones, also I have lots of other channels to play with,

remember this is going to be a FPV/explorer car so might might a gimbal to rotate the camera

another + using the Taranis transmitter and FrSky D4R-II is the car sends telemetry back to the transmitter

so I can see signal strength and battery voltage on the screen.

• Like 1

Hi

Welcome to the forum.

Modelsport is good when they have the parts you want in stock. However the best source of FTX parts bar none is here. They have pretty well everything in stock but their shipping is expensive.

http://ftx-rc.com/index.php?route=product/search&search=Outlaw

John

Edited by johninderby

Yep, I'll second that! Buy direct from off the FTX website, just do a search for Outlaw and all the parts will list. They'll come in a CML Distribution packet but don't worry, it's the same source.. 

I've had one decent size order from them already, took less than 48hrs from ordering to receiving them at my front door. Got another order which is due here tomorrow hopefully (if the weekend post goes alright!)

2 hours ago, spaners said:

To be honest what really pisses me off is one of the parts was the steel propshaft to replace my broken plastic one so now I cant use my Outlaw this weekend

I could have ordered a plastic prop for the weekend had I been informed sooner 

Sorry to hear matey, a while back I too ordered parts from a website claiming they were in stock (when in fact they weren't!)  as the post above really, just order direct from FTX on their site, they seem to get all the parts first before other shops do. To be fair to MS they seem to be fairly bang on with their stock lists when things run out.. and they're good to deal with too if you wish to cancel an order. 

That's what I wished I'd have done was ring first, lesson learnt anyway.. 

Liking the FPV, I have a very small remote camera which runs off a rectangular 9v battery suitable for an RC, that image is then beamed to a receiver which is plugged into a laptop displaying what the camera can see on the screen - in theory enabling someone to control the car not having to watch the thing from a distance. I used it once a good few years back now and I thought WOW I was driving really fast, when in fact (supported by the bounds of laughter from friends stood with me) - they said it was crawling along doing approx 15 to 20mph hahaha...!! Scale speeds eh.... The feeling of speed I had controlling the truck from only looking at a laptop screen was odd! But great fun and something totally different than normal.

1 hour ago, t2boats said:

That's what I wished I'd have done was ring first, lesson learnt anyway.. 

Liking the FPV, I have a very small remote camera which runs off a rectangular 9v battery suitable for an RC, that image is then beamed to a receiver which is plugged into a laptop displaying what the camera can see on the screen - in theory enabling someone to control the car not having to watch the thing from a distance. I used it once a good few years back now and I thought WOW I was driving really fast, when in fact (supported by the bounds of laughter from friends stood with me) - they said it was crawling along doing approx 15 to 20mph hahaha...!! Scale speeds eh.... The feeling of speed I had controlling the truck from only looking at a laptop screen was odd! But great fun and something totally different than normal.

You should try it with fpv goggles on. its completely emersive to the point that if your not sat down or leaning against something you will most likely fall over