• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Outlaw Owners

On 29 January 2017 at 19:52, bieomax said:

Appears to be the motor

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

My motor went too, got a replacement very quickly from CML.(also another battery for my Outback). Looking at going brushless pretty soon though. I'm also finding the std plastic motor mount is deforming after a few loose motor screw incidents, will go aluminium mount with the brushless before it ruins the gearbox casing. But really like the truck after coming back to RC after along lay off, handling is great out the box, could just do with the umph of brushless!

• Like 2

Yes brushless is the way, for my liking anyway, fitted the 3800kv motor today with a 23t pinion, aiming to run 3S so will see how it handles that. It's the same setup as my viper (except wheel size) but gearing is thereabouts the same, perhaps a bit shorter on the Outlaw. 

The stock brushed motor lasted on 3S, probably used it for around 45mins of driving and it was ok....was waiting for the puff of smoke which thankfully didn't happen. But when I removed it today I had a good sniff and it did smell like it was beginning to burn out, so it would've gone poof at some point soon no doubt. Anyway, few little bits to do to the Outlaw now and it'll be ready to zoom around. 

9 minutes ago, bieomax said:

Arrh, so did you email them saying its burnt out?

Ive ordered a chassis the other day direct from cml, as i got it in my head that the price might change for the worse and that stock seems iffy with other sellers

Do you mean me?! Lol.. I haven't bothered saying anything about the brushed motor, don't intend on using one in it again. The GoolRC motor looks neat sat inside it, looking forward to getting it going over the next few days. Just need the steel prop shaft to come in stock "anywhere" and that's it for me so far, probably plumb for the ali chassis but I'd love an ali gearbox too if they were to ever produce one! 

FTX-RC.COM site unavailable?

The ftx-rc.com website seems to have disappeared. Just get a blank page when trying to access it over the last two days to check on the progress of my order. Anyone else having the same problem?

John

same problem here

Enviado do meu EVA-L09 através de Tapatalk

Looks the dog's!!

Very nice.

Thing is, we're still not seeing any progress on another rather major project yet you're making, painting and modifying everything else under the sun!!

Not criticising of course!! :P

Al.

• Like 1

Have decided to paint the new Outlaw body in Tamiya PS-16 Metalic Blue. Really liked this colour on my Carisma GT10DT and think the Outlaw should look good in the same colour. [emoji106]

John

GT10DT-2_zpsd93356b7.jpg

I really like that, what are the ftx roof lights like, ive a 3rd un-used channel i want to use [emoji1]

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hamradioguy said:

Hi all 

I'm joining the fun, ordered my brushed one so should come tomorrow.

The plan is to use it as a long range FPV / explorer car and won't be bashed or raced

so it will probably stay stock but have a high capacity battery

and some camera gear mounted on the roof.

Another Outlaw owner. :thumbsup:

Sure you,ll enjoy it. No it's not perfect but for the price remarkably good.  If keeping the stock motor would recommend getting a twin fan motor cooler as the motor does run a bit hot.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400713718599?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

John

• Like 2

16 hours ago, bieomax said:

How did you go about that?

I just emailed CML from their website, they look after FTX warranty stuff. Told them what had happened, explained the faults and two days later a new motor(outlaw) and battery(outback) landed in the post. 

Really impressed, was expecting to have to shell out myself. 

My next lot of upgades are on there way, ally chassis and all the chassis mounted upgrades plus the steel prop.

10 hours ago, hamradioguy said:

Hi all 

I'm joining the fun, ordered my brushed one so should come tomorrow.

The plan is to use it as a long range FPV / explorer car and won't be bashed or raced

so it will probably stay stock but have a high capacity battery

and some camera gear mounted on the roof.

@hamradioguy I have been running my cars FPV (great fun) I use an all in one camera/DVR transmitter I got from hobbyking. 400mw so gives good range and recorded image is very good too, Works perfectly with my fatsharks.

Skyzone SKY-H01 HD FPV/Action Camera and 400mW 40 Channel Transmitter

for under 50 quid its pretty good n gets the job done (not water proof though) Had a few big rolls and tumbles with it on the roof.

• Like 1