• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Outlaw Owners

On 16/07/2018 at 20:25, English outlaw said:

Sold my outlaw and brought this bad boy...Wat u think?

20180716_202333.jpg

I think you're taking the mick!

1 hour ago, English outlaw said:

It's a serious piece of kit...been clocked at 55mph on 3s. Set me back £345

5.5mph on 3 AAs and cost £34.50

• Haha 3

On 15/07/2018 at 11:55, ADH66 said:

I've had the front all apart but can't see anything that looks like it would be clicking...can u tell me exactly where yours was clicking...it worse when breaking ...it throw anther set screw today so become rear wheel drive and there was no clicking so deffaintly coming from the front

Edited by English outlaw

On 19/07/2018 at 13:38, English outlaw said:

What's the matter son...jealous?

I ain't your son poopnugget

Edited by Fly In My Soup
Removed swearing

Hello, first time posting. Bought an Outlaw for my son to come out and get into a little bashing with my Yeti and have to say it has been amazing. When you look at the money thrown at the Yeti have to say that out of the box the Outlaw has held its own. Quite often find myself handing the Yeti over to my son and having a go with it,  there is something about it that dares you to give it the beans. 

The one problem we have had, which seems to have come up here a few times is occasionally stripping out the spur gear, esp now on 2S. Looked and looked for something to replace it with, was there another model/make with a compatable metal replacement but all searhing drew a blank. 

I then came across a chap based in the US on ebay who had made some rather good looking spur gear replacements in aluminium and steel. Emailed him with the tech specs of the Outlaw gear to see if he would be able to make one up. Turns out he had had a few other enquires and was in the process of making a batch.

They are a direct replacement of stock gear, same tooth count and pitch but has made them in steel and if you are interested they are at

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132731309667

IMG_0359.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hello, first time posting. Bought an Outlaw for my son to come out and get into a little bashing with my Yeti and have to say it has been amazing. When you look at the money thrown at the Yeti have to say that out of the box the Outlaw has held its own. Quite often find myself handing the Yeti over to my son and having a go with it,  there is something about it that dares you to give it the beans. 

The one problem we have had, which seems to have come up here a few times is occasionally stripping out the spur gear, esp now on 2S. Looked and looked for something to replace it with, was there another model/make with a compatable metal replacement but all searhing drew a blank. 

I then came across a chap based in the US on ebay who had made some rather good looking spur gear replacements in aluminium and steel. Emailed him with the tech specs of the Outlaw gear to see if he would be able to make one up. Turns out he had had a few other enquires and was in the process of making a batch.

They are a direct replacement of stock gear, same tooth count and pitch but has made them in steel and if you are interested they are at

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132731309667

IMG_0359.thumb.JPG.fe58c9dd76aa8af995f225ea0f8d63f0.JPG
Great find and thanks for sharing, might get one as a backup [emoji848]
Now if someone could make an adjustable motor mount I'd be over the moon!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

No problem, having a yeti you are so spoiled for hop up parts and while the Outlaw is better than some, this was just one of the things that irked me, seemed so odd not that they didn't offer it. 

The chap was brilliant, exchanging emails through the process to ensure it was just right. He has only made 6 so far but is making another batch this week. Plus, now he has the template, am sure he would always be open for a short run if there are none available. 

Will post an update once it arrives to review how it fits in. 

Monkeypaws 

Has anyone had any experience of the carbon chassis?

I have broken two plastic chassis plates. Both in the same place. 

And there seems to be no stock off the aluminium chassis.

IMG_20180426_090812-1170x2080.jpg

Edited by steephill
Spelling

8 hours ago, steephill said:

Has anyone had any experience of the carbon chassis?

I have broken two plastic chassis plates. Both in the same place. 

And there seems to be no stock off the aluminum chassis.

IMG_20180426_090812-1170x2080.jpg

Yeah, mine is broken in exactly the same place. I'm dubious about the carbon, even though it'll look a lot nicer than that garish blue aluminium one!

I'm just going to wait... unless it's going to take months!

The carbon chassis turned up today, thanks modelsport ?.

P1040216P1040217

Certainly looks nicer than the anodized blue aluminium chassis.

But there doesn't seem to be much meat (or carbon in this case) around the mounting bracket for the rear arms.

P1040219

I will get it built and see what happens.

2 hours ago, steephill said:

there doesn't seem to be much meat (or carbon in this case) around the mounting bracket for the rear arms.

Yeah, that was my concern.

Best of luck with it. Hope it holds up. :good: