• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Outlaw Owners

Would anyone happen to know if a 12t 550 motor (from brushed stampede) will fit in outlaw? I have a new 12t motor and esc from brushed stampede laying around and was gonna buy a rolling chassis and chuck them in it
I'd say yes as the standard is a 550 brushed can. Its only the sensored brushless 550/3660's which are a touch tight as they start getting abit close to the steering.

Off the top of my head i think its about 65mm clearance between gearbox and the steering assembly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hell horn. said:

So what's the best parts to replace first then. Any week spots to fix. 

Chassis

lower links

and drive/prop shaft ( what ever you call it ) which is still holding up but I'm trying a cheap set of drive/prop shaft off eBay wich are like £12 

Edited by RC4WD fan
  • Like 1

Chassis and trailing arms ordered :D from Wheelspin models not had much luck with them in the past so I'm waiting to see if it get dispatched today or not even though it says the bits are in stock and not shadow stock 

39 minutes ago, NOFX said:

Wheelspin have often let me down. The site says "in stock", I order, then the next day the site says "on order with supplier". 3 weeks later i get the parts :boredlook:

Indeed the site now says no stock for the chassis and shadow stock for the trailing arms :boredlook: I might ring and see if I had the last stock if not I'll cancel my order and buy else were only ordered from their as the site said that both were in stock and everywere else only had one of the bits :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, NOFX said:

I just knocked up 2 braces from the awful ftx viper roll cage.  I found bubbles in the plastic. No wonder it was broke if ya looked at it funny  :boredlook:

Speaking of braces what other parts is there to brace on the outlaw I've done the real shock/battery holder any other ? 

and rang up Wheelspin and bits are due to be dispatched today so must have got the last ones :D 

I'm looking forward to the weekend :insane:

New removable rear anti roll bar.
Got bored today and had a fiddle, made some new removable rear anti roll bar will need to test it as soon as I can.
Don't mind the rear trailing arms, my original ones broke and I am awaiting new stock from wheelspin models.
Just needed to make something to mock things up and this seemed to work, have also been welding up a new roll cage for my outlaw today as well, not quite finished yet but will post some pics when it's finished and powder coated.
Anyway hope this works and I will let you know.440b3f094d12aab3fd93e5df3ccf3f28.jpg0f07778bf24afbcae79c3563552c9df8.jpg0ad0b77b07998b950b1e59ae84cce6e9.jpg2cde298f19c29faec21c507d43b6bc49.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

New shiny bits arrived :D but carn't be bothered to fit them :rolleyes: 

all so dose anyone know the length of the rear drive/prop shaft ? I'm not sure I'm measuring mine right :017:

• Like 1

hello fellow outlaw owners, 

after reading this thread and putting a brushless motor in my outlaw I have noticed what other people have with the torque steer and am looking into adding the front anti roll bar which part number was it again? because I can't remember which page it was on.

3 hours ago, Jackathon said:

hello fellow outlaw owners, 

after reading this thread and putting a brushless motor in my outlaw I have noticed what other people have with the torque steer and am looking into adding the front anti roll bar which part number was it again? because I can't remember which page it was on.

Another way to address the torque steer is at the back of the car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAjZ_azp6Wk&t=451s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdc2qd6ruek&t=391s

36 minutes ago, AmericanBullDog said:

Another way to address the torque steer is at the back of the car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAjZ_azp6Wk&t=451s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdc2qd6ruek&t=391s

I am also planning on doing this if the front does not work very well and was going to use the other sway bar holders for it if I need to

The sway bar holders I linked to won't work for the mod. shown in the youtube videos, the ends of the holder don't rotate so that they point in different directions as the black plastic part of the holder is one piece. The ends always sit just as you see them in the product pictures.   

I was thinking of doing the same thing but after getting them in hand I found out they are a different type than what is used in the video.

I think you could pop the metal swivel part that holds the sway bar out of the plastic holder, ditch the plastic holder, put the metal swivel piece in a regular rod end and match that to another rod end with both rod ends fitted to a section of threaded rod and make up the equivalent of what is used in the video.

I hope that made sense to you...it's hard for me to explain what I'm thinking. 

• Thanks 1

Nice shiny blue bits :wub: image.jpgand finally after almost a week in bits it's all back together ready for Sunday :D image.jpg the aluminium bits are now staying blue as I've changed my mind on the new colour wich hopefully go well together :ph34r: 

and is there any mods to take the slop out of the steering ? carn't remember reading anything on the 60+ pages 

4 hours ago, rct said:

Finished welding and fitting the roll cage just needs to be powder coated now.
30036f3b7f60d6225ad965f4a4742dd3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Looks very nice :yes: would love to be able to do metal work but forgive me why make it look like the stock cage and not make something unique :017: 

Looks very nice :yes: would love to be able to do metal work but forgive me why make it look like the stock cage and not make something unique :017: 
This is only my second cage so having a template to work from has been invaluable for me, the next cage i can make more of my own design.
I will need to get some wood dowel and make another template to work from before i start cutting and welding the steel, i was wondering if i could make an all steel chassis and cage in one but that will take some thinking out.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, RC4WD fan said:

Nice shiny blue bits :wub: image.jpgand finally after almost a week in bits it's all back together ready for Sunday :D image.jpg the aluminium bits are now staying blue as I've changed my mind on the new colour wich hopefully go well together :ph34r: 

and is there any mods to take the slop out of the steering ? carn't remember reading anything on the 60+ pages 

I'm shocked, but I think that blue chassis looks really good, in your photos!

I've been changing my mind a lot, recently... :blink:

9 hours ago, Praet0r87 said:

I'm shocked, but I think that blue chassis looks really good, in your photos!

I've been changing my mind a lot, recently... :blink:

I'm not sure if it's just me or not but the blue seems to be a different shade to the shocks :017: not so light and much more my kinda blue :D will hopefully be ordering the new body next week depending on the damage if any from tomorrow :good: 

Edited by RC4WD fan