• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Outlaw Owners

28 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

I don't see a jumper on mine just a button :huh: 

anyway got it out and had a good look and ready to fit the BL system :D image.jpg have noticed that it feels like it's binding somewhere don't know if it normal as it's new ? or to do with the peanut butter in the diffs :lol: image.jpg

mines the ftx outback it's dual esc cheap thing got a hobbywing 1060 waiting to go in but need new radio gear to run it as I don't think the standard handset will bind to the hobbywing

The spur gear in  mines slightly warped and made a horrendous noise. It's sorted itself out after 3 15 minute runs. Mines got peanut butter in the rear diff too.i ain't looked in the front diff yet. They're the loosest diffs I've ever encountered 

11 hours ago, seanv said:

mines the ftx outback it's dual esc cheap thing got a hobbywing 1060 waiting to go in but need new radio gear to run it as I don't think the standard handset will bind to the hobbywing

Ah I thought you were on about the outlaw :lol: the HW 1060 is a great ESC my go to when not using a BL system :yes: 

11 hours ago, NOFX said:

The spur gear in  mines slightly warped and made a horrendous noise. It's sorted itself out after 3 15 minute runs. Mines got peanut butter in the rear diff too.i ain't looked in the front diff yet. They're the loosest diffs I've ever encountered 

I'll have a look at mine when I convert it :yes: I'm going to remove the peanut butter when I lock the rear diff and use the stuff I always use not looking forward to removing it though :puke:

8 minutes ago, seanv said:

good build quality there 

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not :017: but the quality is actually really good only took the front apart to sort out the peanut butter in the front diff :rolleyes:

Has anyone had the front off there's ? because the front diff on mine is very tight and binding even with a strip and rebuild with proper grease just gonna run it and see what happens 

Right a little bit annoyed now :ack: don't know if it's because the lipo isn't fully charged but my outlaw is very slow with the BL system it's a TRACKSTAR esc/motor combo the motor is a 3520kv so the same as the GoolRC combo I assume ? but it's nothing like the ones in the video :( it's so slow and under powered and is clogging quite a lot to any suggestions ? 

:D happy again now had a little blast :) don't know how but it was the RX/TX at fault :017: not the original a different one I had for a while it now rips still clogging a little bit but I'm happy with it now let the modding begin :D 

2 hours ago, RC4WD fan said:

I'm having a hell of a time getting these stickers off in particular the glue that's left behind :banghead:

Spray some wd40 on some tissue & leave it draped over the sticker/goo.  Leave it a couple of hours & voila :DThat's always worked for me.  It worked for getting off the double sided sticky foam tape that was supposed to be holding the front reg plate on my Subaru outback . 

• Thanks 1

What weight shock oil are you lot using. I've got stock in mine at the mo. It's nice & fluid over rocks, but bottoms out a lot.  I'm more into the king of the hammers/ ultra 4 stuff rather than just blarting over stuff at full belt with my outlaw.  I've got other trucks for the full belt stuff. 

16 hours ago, NOFX said:

Spray some wd40 on some tissue & leave it draped over the sticker/goo.  Leave it a couple of hours & voila :DThat's always worked for me.  It worked for getting off the double sided sticky foam tape that was supposed to be holding the front reg plate on my Subaru outback . 

Shall give it a go :good: 

Just bought my outlaw this week and after one run on nihm the esc is dead. So I’m not looking to upgrade to a brushless system. I’m really interested in wsome of the cheap Chinese stuff but have two questions:

1: shaft size? I know we are stuck with the stock 17/23 tooth pinions but what size is the motor shaft?

2: motor kv? I’ve never bought brushless stuff before so I don’t. Really know what I’m looking for. All I can say is I’ll be running on 3s and wou”d like a mix of speed and crawl. 

And yes im aware of cheap;fast;reliable ?

I had a gool brushless system in my kyosho axxe.  It's got a 5mm shaft.So I drilled the pinion out to 5mm with my pillar drill. If you've got any engineering shops near you, someone'll pop the pinion  in a lathe & sort it for a couple of quid. 

You  could buy a 5mm bore pinion with the correct pitch. ( 32dp, I think. But don't hold me on that) . Have a good look about on Google.  There's bound to be a 3.17mm shafted brushless motor on there somewhere. 

Ta, was hoping for more of a plug and play option, but at least I know what to do otherwise now thanks. 

Is is there no other option?
Search for this item number on ebay 112677523377
This Is the one I have in my outlaw and it works fine with the standard 17tooth pinion, all you will need is a sensored or sensorless esc and your good to go.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1