• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Cen Racing Reeper 1/7th monster truck !

mydoddy69

1 minute ago, evssv said:

nothing fancy...jus a savvy on steroids.....:good:...to complete with this and the x maxx......

But with a bigger shell.

3 minutes ago, chewbacca said:

But with a bigger shell.

bigger shox.....longer/thicker tvp`s....thicker shafts all round....hd gears all round....bigger shell.....job done!!....how hard was that hpi ......:rolleyes:.....:lol:...and 8s ready.....out the box....no fuses.....or fire bomb esc`s.......:lol:...no stupid servo mounts....or plastic motor mounts thk u...:good:

Edited by evssv
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, evssv said:

bigger shox.....longer/thicker tvp`s....thicker shafts all round....hd gears all round....bigger shell.....job done!!....how hard was that hpi ......:rolleyes:.....:lol:...and 8s ready.....out the box....no fuses.....or fire bomb esc`s.......:lol:...no stupid servo mounts....or plastic motor mounts thk u...:good:

Theyve prob got the Castle XL2/2028 combo's in stock anyway from the Baja Flux

The only problem looks to be the shocks. But it didn't catch fire, the diffs didn't explode, the wheels didn't crack, the cups didn't shatter and it doesn't cost 800 quid so it's perhaps better value than its nearest competition.

3 hours ago, Guns said:

I've only watched the first video, but it looks very cheap and basic? Looks like a very old R/C? That said, could mean it works well. It would have to be sub £500 imo which its not going to be?

Well, in the US it's around £500.

Depending on how traxxas they are, it's safe to assume that if they officially release it in the UK/Europe, it'll be at least £650 - and that's a very generous guess. Personally i'd argue that with the whole tax malarkey and transport etc, it'd be more around X-Maxx monies. Which, i agree, seems to be way too much for what it offers, even if it turns out to be tough. 

edit: oops, those £500 are reduced price. RRP is $899, which would make it actually more expensive than the XMaxx, and the same price as the X Maxx v2. 

For £500 to my door, i'd take one though.

Edited by m4inbrain

6 hours ago, mond said:

The only problem looks to be the shocks. But it didn't catch fire, the diffs didn't explode, the wheels didn't crack, the cups didn't shatter and it doesn't cost 800 quid so it's perhaps better value than its nearest competition.

Been as you are comparing one CEN vs One Xmaxx, not  a single one of those issues has happened on my X and its nearly a year old..... just playing devils advocate of course

50 minutes ago, mond said:

The problems are pretty well documented so not sure it needs discussion here, but the Xmaxx is the competition for this truck, in the large but not really 5th scale MT market. 

We have a sample size of ONE for thr Cen. Its irrelevant at the moment.

I totally agree the X needs competition. Thats how things improve but Im slrry I dont think this is it unless very competitively priced and backed by much better parts supply in the UK. However. Opinions and all that

Edited by Guns

Neither of these things seems to be the case though. Price and parts availability are either equal or worse at least at this point from what i can see. Is there anything known so far in regards to "cross platform compatibility"?

32 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

Neither of these things seems to be the case though. Price and parts availability are either equal or worse at least at this point from what i can see. Is there anything known so far in regards to "cross platform compatibility"?

Neither of what seems the case? 

8 hours ago, m4inbrain said:

Well, in the US it's around £500.

Depending on how traxxas they are, it's safe to assume that if they officially release it in the UK/Europe, it'll be at least £650 - and that's a very generous guess. Personally i'd argue that with the whole tax malarkey and transport etc, it'd be more around X-Maxx monies. Which, i agree, seems to be way too much for what it offers, even if it turns out to be tough. 

edit: oops, those £500 are reduced price. RRP is $899, which would make it actually more expensive than the XMaxx, and the same price as the X Maxx v2. 

For £500 to my door, i'd take one though.

You won't get one for £500 to your door, that 20% voucher doesn't seem to work. an $899 truck of this size posted to the UK with customs is going to be pretty much bang on £1050.

Edited by Guns

10 hours ago, Guns said:

Neither of what seems the case? 

Neither competitively priced nor better parts availability? At least for Europe/UK.

edit: i've seen conflicting prices now, they all sold for 649, but one was reduced (allegedly) from $899, the other one from $699. Weird.

Edited by m4inbrain
  • Like 1