• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

mydoddy's Tekno MT410

mydoddy69

1 hour ago, stretch said:

Very nice mate hoe long did it take you in real time

About 10 hours but some of that was down to uploading the footage off the memory card and setting up my GoPro etc. It should only take about 6-7 hours it's a real pleasure to build everything fits like a glove ;) 

38 minutes ago, sunny said:

Can you please tell me electric screwdriver were you using with light on it? I can do with one of those.

It was from B&Q but it's a few years old now and could really do with replacing they don't even make it anymore, they do an updated version 

http://www.diy.com/departments/mac-allister-36v-li-ion-cordless-screwdriver-mssd36-li/592531_BQ.prd

It's the same thing just update to a li-ion battery instead of the ni-cd with the bonus if only taking 3 hours to charge instead if the 10 mine takes lol . There just a handy size and more than enough power for me although I keep hinting for one of these for my birthday 

http://www.powertoolworld.co.uk/bosch-gsr-10-8-2-li-drill-driver-inc-1x-2-0ah-batt-in-carton-0615990fz8?gclid=COTZ64bC4NECFWEq0wod7g4KKw

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Deafty said:

Very nice vid indeed :)  Always interesting seeing different peoples approaches and methods.

Was that thermal tape on the shaft end of the motor? 

Thanks fella 

It's Thermal foil ducting tape perfect for making minor adjustments acts like a shim in this case but has a ton of uses. You can pick it up at most diy stores. ;) 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Guns said:

Now Im depressed. Ive just messed up that exact shell for my Stampede. Yours looks EPIC! what masking did you use?

Thanks fella I use Tamiya masking tape I prefer the vinyl stuf that makes curves  and for the big areas just some regular duck masking tape

There is a couple of mistakes,  but it will do the job :) 

1 hour ago, vettehigh said:

Whats the total cost for this complete MT (if you don't mind me asking:D)?  

I'm sure he posted a few pages back.... He probably doesnt want to add it back up haha. I Think it was £7/800 depending on what gear you already have!

On 03/12/2016 at 08:41, mydoddy69 said:

You can ask fella I don't mind but remember I bought 2 and both are presents so the actual cost of the truck is kinda voided but I will include it .. I'm only fitting out one the other my boy is fitting out but so you can get an idea I'll just do mine, it's not cheap though so be warned !

Kit                                    389.99

Motor combo                    152.99

Servo                                  61.98

RX.                                     21.98

Shell.                                  32.29

wheels.                               21.34

Tyres.                                  46.68

Total.                              £727.25 !!!

So no it's not a cheap bit of kit by far but I could have saved around £260 by using what I had to hand . I could have even spent more if I'd have gone with a Tekin combo !  Thing is though this is a present so most of the cost is offset, well that's what I keep telling myself ;) 

I have to admit though once you add it all up it's a little mad for a kit this size but in saying that if it where say a Losi kit wouldn't you be around the same price point ? Kits like this just aren't cheap to build but with good reason as you get a truck that shouldn't require X amount spent on tweaking or upgrades, well fingers crossed it won't lol .. 

Then Lipos and a TX if you don't have them. Brilliant spec mind and shouldn't need any more spending on it. You obviously could find cheaper electronics too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Guns said:

Then Lipos and a TX if you don't have them. Brilliant spec mind and shouldn't need any more spending on it. You obviously could find cheaper electronics too.

I'm in the US, so the price is higher.  I was looking at this and what I wanted to use would come to 1200+ for everything complete

5 minutes ago, Guns said:

Hold on a second!!!! Ive just googled this. This is a 1/10th scale not a 1/8th scale!?!?!?! As In Stampede 4x4 size not Savage and Emaxx size?

I maybe wrong but I thinks traxxas revo 1/10th so 1/8th...I think...  now I'm confused. 

16 minutes ago, vettehigh said:

I'm in the US, so the price is higher.  I was looking at this and what I wanted to use would come to 1200+ for everything complete

I've just done it on Tower. Tekno kit, Maxx Size Proline shell. Proline 3.8" wheels/tyres. With a $99 Hitec 7950 Servo, a $40 Futaba RX and a $200 Castle Combo comes to $840 usd with a $75 voucher?

Edited by Guns

5 minutes ago, supersavage said:

I maybe wrong but I thinks traxxas revo 1/10th so 1/8th...I think...  now I'm confused. 

Only way to settle this haha

@mydoddy69 Are the 3.8 or 2.8 tyres? And is the shell for a Maxx or for a Stampede?

Its Maxx size:

SPECIFICATIONS

Length: 20.9" (530mm)
Width: 16.5" (420mm)
Wheelbase: 12.7 - 13.2" (323-335mm)

Edited by Guns

9 hours ago, Guns said:

Only way to settle this haha

@mydoddy69 Are the 3.8 or 2.8 tyres? And is the shell for a Maxx or for a Stampede?

Its Maxx size:

SPECIFICATIONS

Length: 20.9" (530mm)
Width: 16.5" (420mm)
Wheelbase: 12.7 - 13.2" (323-335mm)

Lol there 3.8 and it's a Maxx shell .. The stampede is tiny compared to this ;) 

Thought seeing as this will spend a lot of time with its wheels in the air best think about adding a wheelie bar.. Looked at the TVR bits but they work out over £50 shipped to the uk and fir a wheelie bar that's a tad to much lol ..

So I made my own ;) 

264B6BC8-ED5D-4A83-9933-B068A120F7E8_zps

DB529D33-2312-4DFE-9D84-CE7AEB3F23D6_zps