• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

mydoddy's Tekno MT410

mydoddy69

Just now, mydoddy69 said:

If you on about the 4s they where 44.79 ;) 

Its always cheaper when you log in lol 

Yea thought that when I checke last night, were £51 just till I logged in.

better wait for the 8s Parts to be released first though!

• 2 weeks later...

So santas been and gone and I finally got to get my hands back on this kit from under the tree, sadly it's still not built but I shoukdfingers crossed get started today !! .. The last bits came in this morning that I've been waiting for so there's nothing stopping me now ;) 

80F092C4-1F2D-469E-BBA8-B0BCA520F0AF_zps

On 09/12/2016 at 17:43, mydoddy69 said:

Combo is the Hobbywing Max8 2200kv 

servo savox 1272sg

wheels are rpm revolver staplemax 

tyres are HPI dirt claws  4874 

shell is the proline ford raptor 2017 

I'm liking that servo and it's waterproof

3 hours ago, Skinso said:

I'm liking that servo and it's waterproof

No not waterproof I doubt this will ever see any water TBH I have other rigs for getting wet and muddy although never say never ;) 

1 hour ago, Carpmart said:

Progress today (As in yesterday now)?   I suspect too much Christmas 'spirit' to find the time to focus on building eh? :D 

I'm loving the look of this, so genuinely interested in progress!  

I had the whole  afternoon set aside to get started but the grandkids came over so that went out the window, as much as I love RC I'd rather have a fun filled afternoon with them anyday :) 

• Like 2

They are indeed chassis protectors by Mattox thought for the sake of a few quid I'd try and look after it, well for a while !  The design on them I may incorporate in the shell somehow but not sure yet I'll see how I go on fitting them to the chassis first if it looks like a pigs ear then there be gone lol 

Sadly I doubt I'll get chance today to start it as I wanted to do a few vids the main one being a time lapse build vid, which is something I haven't done before so it coukd go either way ! 

Thing is I'm in no hurry to build it as I don't intend to beat it over a wet muddy field much and at the minute there's just nowhere dry enough to go, the skatepark I use is closed for the winter for maintence :( there is another couple close by but sadly they get packed when the kids are off scoolso there a no go for a while.

30 minutes ago, bombercountynick said:

eager for this! I really can't justify the cash else i'd sell my 5t for of these in a heartbeat, first dibs on yours or your lads when you sell them!

The only time I'd sell these is when hell freezes over so you got a very long wait ;) 

Running well, and fast.

Very wide - gives stability, but may limit cross-country jaunts.

From what I've seen of your videos, they're all in open fields, so no problems there.

Looks very light, plenty of power - was that 3 or 4S? More?

What is it's all-in weight?

Al.

8 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Running well, and fast.

Very wide - gives stability, but may limit cross-country jaunts.

From what I've seen of your videos, they're all in open fields, so no problems there.

Looks very light, plenty of power - was that 3 or 4S? More?

What is it's all-in weight?

Al.

Haven't weighed it to be honest but it feels very light, it's running 4s which is plenty for this little thing he is going to jump up a couple of teeth on the pinion and I'll get mine built then we will head down to Brooklands to get some speed runs in should be fun ! 

We are trying to keep these for the skateparks to be honest instead of the field but you never know come the summer they may see the field ;) 

On 02/01/2017 at 22:46, mydoddy69 said:

Haven't weighed it to be honest but it feels very light, it's running 4s which is plenty for this little thing he is going to jump up a couple of teeth on the pinion and I'll get mine built then we will head down to Brooklands to get some speed runs in should be fun ! 

We are trying to keep these for the skateparks to be honest instead of the field but you never know come the summer they may see the field ;) 

Pm me when your heading to brooklands mate, I need to blow the cobwebs off my trucks!

• Like 1