• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

More Floureon lipo woes

locky

Is this a case of only those with problems contributing to this thread?

I've never had a Floureon battery, but even briefly reading sections is enough to put me off.

Unfortunate.

Al.

Ordered another 4 2S Lipos to enable me to run some 4S set ups. £36 for 4 with Traxxas plugs posted next day from the UK.... Unbelievable!

3 are fine. Ones ridiculously out of balance, like ridiculously there's about a 35% difference Between the two voltages, which Im not sure Ill be abkle to get back, but its not gone near a charger yet so who knows...

Edited by Guns

The second of the pair of Floureons I bought was well out of balance but after leaving it on the charger for a couple of cycles it is fine and is balanced properly.

Also I bought another one last weekend (after saying never again lol) while doing a drunken shopping spree on line. But this time from a different supplier and it's has been fine, well balanced and came at storage charge of 3.8v per cell

1 hour ago, Guns said:

Ordered another 4 2S Lipos to enable me to run some 4S set ups. £36 for 4 with Traxxas plugs posted next day from the UK.... Unbelievable!

3 are fine. Ones ridiculously out of balance, like ridiculously there's about a 35% difference Between the two voltages, which Im not sure Ill be abkle to get back, but its not gone near a charger yet so who knows...

Do what I did with one of my old Zippys.

Make a small fly lead to charge only 1 cell via the balance tap. Bring it up close with the other and then charge as normal.

Make a lead with 4mm for the charger and on the other end use a couple of pins from an old male balance connector.

Stick the pins in the balance tap +- of the single cell and charge.

• 3 weeks later...