• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Transmitter

Krisali1

Yes, however, what is your budget, how many channels do you require and do you want sticks or wheel and trigger?

Sooooo many to recommend you see, better suggestions be relevant than not :good:

Just now, Noj said:

Yes, however, what is your budget, how many channels do you require and do you want sticks or wheel and trigger?

Sooooo many to recommend you see, better suggestions be relevant than not :good:

Budget is £100

Only running one car for now.

I used wheel and trigger previously, not sure if I would like a stick one

Personally, I use flysky and Futaba. The flysky gt3b is cheap, receivers are cheap, range is excellent, it has never glitched and although it has some lag, it has done me proud for four years and for that reason, I cannot fault it.

Futaba kit is bob on, however, the 3pl (within your budget) looks cheap and doesn't feel the quality Tx that it is. Additional receivers aren't cheap, hence why I own the flysky for multiple models. 

• Like 1

^ I wondered what you'd reckon. I wanted to change to the Sanwa MT-4 but couldn't justify the price tag :( I'm using a Hi-tec Aggressor which is very basic with no memory stuff, lcd etc so 1 car only. Takes 8x AA's :lol: but it's never faulted in 2 years of use.

Just wanted to treat myself ;) 

• Like 1

Seen Flysky ones before and they are okay but very cheap,quality is a bit hit and miss sometimes.

One I have seen before had a lot of "bits" of plastic or something trapped behind the display,person managed to get most of it out but a couple of bits didn't want to budge and taking it apart if you are not sure how it comes apart and goes back together is a bit fraught! 

I'd be tempted with this:

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/sanwa-mx-v-with-dual-waterproof-receiver-set-rx-37w/rc-car-products/395264

Love my MT4, and I could not fault it's perfomance and feel in use. Only thing I don;t like is where they put the 3rd channel toggle. You can't reach it with your left hand.

1 hour ago, Nitroholic said:

I'd be tempted with this:

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/sanwa-mx-v-with-dual-waterproof-receiver-set-rx-37w/rc-car-products/395264

Love my MT4, and I could not fault it's perfomance and feel in use. Only thing I don;t like is where they put the 3rd channel toggle. You can't reach it with your left hand.

Bookmarked

• Like 1

IF you can handle the cheapish feel and the tacky looks, the entry level Futaba gear has top quality internals. They just really saved all the money on the case!

I have a cheap radio for the volume stuff, and the Flysky GT3B I have has lasted really well, works fine, and has never given me an issue. It's just a different thing altogether using the Sanwa. Response, steering feel, and the actual feel in the hand set it apart and mak it something I WANT to use. I am also a big fan of any radio with no antenna to snap off :)

• Like 1

IF you can handle the cheapish feel and the tacky looks, the entry level Futaba gear has top quality internals. They just really saved all the money on the case!

I have a cheap radio for the volume stuff, and the Flysky GT3B I have has lasted really well, works fine, and has never given me an issue. It's just a different thing altogether using the Sanwa. Response, steering feel, and the actual feel in the hand set it apart and mak it something I WANT to use. I am also a big fan of any radio with no antenna to snap off :)