• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

LOSI 1 5 scale monster truck

Freedom Racers

I'm interested but didn't realise needed to state as such and didnt think it necessary to say nice pens or nice fans. Not sure why you want to force people to sign up to an online magazine to see a running video?

People love a running video so upload to YouTube and share on here.

• Like 3

Oh,the twin wheeled TX is pretty cool IMHO,if it works ok it would be great for both L/H and right handed drivers for a quick change of drivers (thinks endurance racing) and i have never seen it done before,so i like that too:D even though i prefer to use sticks. lol.

:)

18 hours ago, Carpmart said:

What do you mean by your comment above?  I pop by this topic quite regularly.  I have nothing constructive to add to the wing debate etc, so I keep my 'mouth' shut...... TBH, people are all probably just waiting for you to post a bloody video up! :D 

same here..:good:...yes....we r all waiting for a vid.:yes:..even if its only 10secs..:yes:....WE WANT VID!;)!........

Edited by evssv

• 1 month later...

I haven't been on here for a while. All I can say is silence is golden. There's loads of owners of this beast out there yet there are very few looking for support or moaning, This is a good sign, people are more vocal when they are ****** off.

This RC is a great piece of kit, really in terms of toughness out the box it has upped the game. I'd be more than happy to bring it to any RC meets near (yorkshire) me for you to look at.

I've a few vids on my youtube channel 78vintages although there's a guy doing much more than me on then he can be found here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSkhvpnEDshbvNLKBy7zHpQ/videos

Edited by Leeb
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It's still awesome, takes some cleaning though :D.

I have had a failure, the rx has packed in. The double sided tape is weak and its come away and been bounced around. I have now had 3 Spektrum rx's fail in a year.

I think i'm at the point now where a full strip down and clean is needed, last run there was steam coming of the dif housings. If I find owt i'll let you know.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey folks, been a while since I posted anything on this forum, got out of the hobby for a while and sold off all my stuff pretty much, anyways got back into it at christmas time with the purchase of an MTXL for myself and a recat rampage for my son, heres a few pics

15726888_10155637049915299_3136221801766

15727116_10155637049910299_3322993321427

The MTXL and Rampage MT

15726944_10155637049960299_3713584536320

Really enjoying this truck and have been giving it some abuse and so far its just taking it in its stride, only real issue I had was some drive cup grub screws and servo horn screws coming loose on first run but since have been round the truck and redone all metal to metal screws with blue loctite and had no issues since,

Upgrades I done right of the bat was got rid of the stock radio and went with a futaba 4pls unit, fitted LOSI alloy shock towers and chassis braces, have also got losi alloy rear hubs and front hub carriers to fit and have some hot racing diff cups, servo saver and middle driveshaft support thingy on route as well as bartalone pipe and outerwears and a few other little bits and bobs,

Gonna concentrate on getting the drive train fairly bomb proof then will be looking to get a bigger engine in it possibly OBR or the likes, will update as I get more done to the truck

Edited by rudeboy
  • Like 1

On 1/7/2017 at 21:42, Leeb said:

It's still awesome, takes some cleaning though :D.

I have had a failure, the rx has packed in. The double sided tape is weak and its come away and been bounced around. I have now had 3 Spektrum rx's fail in a year.

I think i'm at the point now where a full strip down and clean is needed, last run there was steam coming of the dif housings. If I find owt i'll let you know.

I've had a rough year with spekky rx's too - SR4210's and SR410's - frightening when I add up the new cost to replace them.  As such i've bought an older DX3C to use orange £8 specials with.

15 hours ago, rudeboy said:

Hey folks, been a while since I posted anything on this forum, got out of the hobby for a while and sold off all my stuff pretty much, anyways got back into it at christmas time with the purchase of an MTXL for myself and a recat rampage for my son, heres a few pics

15726888_10155637049915299_3136221801766

15727116_10155637049910299_3322993321427

The MTXL and Rampage MT

15726944_10155637049960299_3713584536320

Really enjoying this truck and have been giving it some abuse and so far its just taking it in its stride, only real issue I had was some drive cup grub screws and servo horn screws coming loose on first run but since have been round the truck and redone all metal to metal screws with blue loctite and had no issues since,

Upgrades I done right of the bat was got rid of the stock radio and went with a futaba 4pls unit, fitted LOSI alloy shock towers and chassis braces, have also got losi alloy rear hubs and front hub carriers to fit and have some hot racing diff cups, servo saver and middle driveshaft support thingy on route as well as bartalone pipe and outerwears and a few other little bits and bobs,

Gonna concentrate on getting the drive train fairly bomb proof then will be looking to get a bigger engine in it possibly OBR or the likes, will update as I get more done to the truck

I like these I'm going get one summer rampage sweet also

On 01/02/2017 at 19:23, capri-boy said:

I've had a rough year with spekky rx's too - SR4210's and SR410's - frightening when I add up the new cost to replace them.  As such i've bought an older DX3C to use orange £8 specials with.

Orange ? I've not heard that before.

9 minutes ago, Leeb said:

Orange ? I've not heard that before.

Going on a limb here, since i only saw your posting and didn't read the context:

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/orangerx-r615x-dsm2-dsmx-compatible-6ch-2-4ghz-receiver-w-cppm.html