• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Helion Select Four 10TR 4WD Brushless Truggy

stretch

47 minutes ago, Freeprawn said:

Tom, I will do you one for £299 hows that :)

I honestly wouldn't stock anything that I thought won't have spares available for a very long time.  

I'll get all the truggy parts listed asap so you can see parts prices too.

Nige.

Top service... now if only you could do a Kraton v2 for that. :D

3 hours ago, Freeprawn said:

Tom, I will do you one for £299 hows that :)

I honestly wouldn't stock anything that I thought won't have spares available for a very long time.  

I'll get all the truggy parts listed asap so you can see parts prices too.

Nige.

Hmm tempting me now lol.

No Vids today chaps, having been let down by Apex who failed to send out some m2.5x8mm screws for the diff.

Will be fixed and running next week, Monday will be a busy day here, so will shoot footage Tuesday :good:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, stretch said:

The constant wheeling would bug the hell out of me.

Go up a tooth or two on the pinny and/or turn the punch down?

We've not looked at any of the Esc settings. Let's be honest here, the average punter buys and runs as is, so we wanted to do the same to see what your money buys.

I'm with you on the wheelies Stretch, was a right larf this avo, however, long term, it would get tedious.

Re pricing, if you take the 350 price point and split the truck down, there's 120 or so in the combo and servo, 45 in the radio gear meaning the truck itself costs around 140 quid, which is not much. As no roller is offered the point is moot of course, but worth a mention. ;)

It has been driven hard on concrete for four packs now, shell is intact, tyres barely worn, front bumper, body mounts and rear wing are rather scuffed, as are the skids. Everything else has this far proven tough, very tough...I've had lesser collisions with stock Traxxas parts in the past and broken them.....

It is what it is, and we both really like the truck itself ;)

• Like 3

Fair comments chap can't wait to see you ramp this you never know if Nige can do them at £299 again and it ramps well I might get one for a comparason for the Losi ..

Have you checked out the temps yet ? 

Id love to see this on 4s I bet it's mental lol 

Not had a temp gun on it, however, the can feels a touch warmer than I'd like....saying that, it was driven like it was stolen, constant full throttle tomfoolery, but, it needs testing, innit! :lol:

Having driven it on 3s, unless the power delivery can be tamed, 4s could just be a touch uncontrollable. 

The Esc on the Select SC does work with a Hobbywing program box (the basic one) although not all parameters are adjustable. Will stick this Esc on the box and see what happens.

Could do with a skatepark visit, guaranteed to get decent air.

11 minutes ago, Noj said:

Not had a temp gun on it, however, the can feels a touch warmer than I'd like....saying that, it was driven like it was stolen, constant full throttle tomfoolery, but, it needs testing, innit! :lol:

Having driven it on 3s, unless the power delivery can be tamed, 4s could just be a touch uncontrollable. 

The Esc on the Select SC does work with a Hobbywing program box (the basic one) although not all parameters are adjustable. Will stick this Esc on the box and see what happens.

Could do with a skatepark visit, guaranteed to get decent air.

Be hard to keep the front end down on 4s without a punch adjustment :@.@: