• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

EU referendum

Ziggy122

Voting to Stay in or out the EU  

35 members have voted

1. 1. How are you going to vote on the EU In or out referendum?

• In
    • Out
    • I Cant Vote yet / i Dont know yet
    • Im not going to vote

1 hour ago, turok007 said:

Even if every person coming here was a hard working person we will still have serious issues.  some not wanting to learn english so strain is put on schools that still teach english speaking kids.  overcrowding in schools hospitals housing.  Also there are no go areas now  and that will get worse.  I know some say they cannot force there ways on us but just look at david cameron talking about halal meat.  He is totally fine about how the animals are killed.

If we vote in  will it be worth voting for a prime minister again  as the EU have more control then they would.  PM says we will build 100 new houses  then the EU says we have to take a few hundred extra refugees & migrants.  even though they are supposed to stay in the first safe country they reach. The reason for that is  they will have more in common.

The EU doesn't have more control. That's a common misconception. When we make a law we have to check and see if the EU already has regulations. Usually our laws are more stringent. Just look at the HSE. Most EU regulations are about trade and consumer protection, except the UK often opts out. Look at UK consumer rights on electrical goods. The EU version is better for you and me.

BTW halal is really no more horrible than a bolt gun and halal is Islam. Last time I looked there's no Islamic states in the EU. So what has the EU got to do with that? 

2 minutes ago, turok007 said:

Some of the people coming here have been at war with each other  so they might not get on.  Also does anyone remember what we did in Iraq. We went in and got rid of 250 thousand border troops.  Saddam was keeping the waring muslims apart.  If trouble starts here im sure the British people will be at the bottom of the list of people to help.  Also the UK pedophile gang. the police and council knew about it  but didn't do anything as they didn't want to classed as racist. So this goes to show you that things are covered up.  I don't want to be classed as a second class citizen.  

news stories

what happened

white kid punches colored kid

how it is reported

white racist attacks colored kid 

what happened

gang of colored youths attack one white youth.

how it is reported

gang of youths attack one youth.

Did anyone see the BBC news site reporting a white kid who was chased down the street and shot at by a colored man.  Of course not as they didn't report about it in anyway.

Iraq isn't in the EU. What does Iraq have to do with the EU? Peadophile gang? Weren't they Asian? What has that got to do with the EU?

Also not true anyway. A kid I taught a few years back was arrested and charged for possession of a weapon (a stun gun concealed inside an iPhone) and intent to cause racial violence. The press described him as part of a racist group. His dad (who came to the UK before his birth) is a refugee from Iran, the gang were all UK born children of Arab descent planning violence on white and black people. Notice he wasn't described as an Islamic extremist (because whilst he and his crony are all Muslims religion wasn't part of their hatred) this was straight plain racism.

India and Pakistan have been at each others throats since independence. They have fought wars, and today point nuclear missiles at each other, but you don't hear of violence between those 2 groups here in the UK.

But as said before none of this has to do with the EU. Leaving the EU won't stop people from Syria, Iraq etc trying to get to the UK. It might change the way they have to get here, but compared to the hardships of the rest of the journey that is nothing. The only immigrants leaving the EU will actually effect are the Poles, Lithuanians etc ie those from poorer EU states using freedom of movement to work in the richer UK. Now there is a whole argument about them in the job market, but they aren't terrorists, don't even plan on staying once they've made a bit of money and perhaps most importantly for the super right wingers are white.

Wow didnt expect such a rush for the topic....

Alot people are thinking we should leave with the people i've asked....

Alot wanna take back Great Britain to what it was...

Ziggy

Wow didnt expect such a rush for the topic....

Alot people are thinking we should leave with the people i've asked....

Alot wanna take back Great Britain to what it was...

Ziggy

think ive only spoken to about 4/5 people that think we should stay in,,but most people ive spoken to think we should get out,we will soon see,as much as i think we should get out,i dont think we will!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, Wirralnitronoob said:

think ive only spoken to about 4/5 people that think we should stay in,,but most people ive spoken to think we should get out,we will soon see,as much as i think we should get out,i dont think we will!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We once worked as a single country - chances are we can do it still but i do think rough times will enslay....

Ziggy

• Like 1

I'm voting to stay in.

Most of the import export is with the eu the eu, their the closes traders we have nearest to us, china sells world wide so it will continue to do so.

The car industry will suffer a lot in the uk companies like bwm skoda Mercedes etc.

They will cut a lot of jobs down and theres more and more companies that will suffer.

Companies with headquarters in London, the majority will leave and move elsewhere. 

Im sure Scotland will start a referendum to leave the uk as the majority to stay in the eu is overwhelming so the uk will be no more.

I think we might be alright for the first 2 years but in 5 to 10 years after we leave then we will see the big affects and how worse off we will be.

Edited by SlayerLayer
  • Like 1

Also people from eu didn't take all the jobs from the British people, a lot are lazy dont want to work, if they wanted a job they could most likely get one.

You won't see any British person in a field picking strawberries and other places, some people them jobs are apparently too degrading to work there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SlayerLayer said:

I'm voting to stay in.

Most of the import export is with the eu the eu, their the closes traders we have nearest to us, china sells world wide so it will continue to do so.

The car industry will suffer a lot in the uk companies like bwm skoda Mercedes etc.

They will cut a lot of jobs down and theres more and more companies that will suffer.

Companies with headquarters in London, the majority will leave and move elsewhere. 

Im sure Scotland will start a referendum to leave the uk as the majority to stay in the eu is overwhelming so the uk will be no more.

I think we might be alright for the first 2 years but in 5 to 10 years after we leave then we will see the big affects and how worse off we will be.

Very little of that ( and your following post), holds water.

How and why would the car industry that is not owned by the UK be any different?

Lol...why would any company back out of London....tax?

I dunno but I think the Scots had a referendum.......

(hence me not voting).

It does hold water. London is a great place for multinational employers to find talented bilingual people. We employ 100+ with 80 being foreign for thier language skills and all paying into the British state. That will go on Brexit because of the lack of freedom of movement but also duties being reintroduced. We leave the EU, we leave the single market. That neo Nazi Farage can say all he wants but both France and Germany have said if we leave the EU we leave the single market.

Every exporter will be affected as foreign sales will increase in price as duties will be applied  meaning to maintain the pre Brexit  price they'd need  to be produced  cheaper. The same applies  to imports.

If you vote out, prepare to take it in the pocket and potentially lose your job if you work in any business that imports or exports goods and services. Next time you're doing your weekly food shop, look at the country of manufacture- that will go up too. That's not scaremongering, that's the fact of the situation . We have an export deficit which makes it even worse.

Edited by mond
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, SlayerLayer said:

Also people from eu didn't take all the jobs from the British people, a lot are lazy dont want to work, if they wanted a job they could most likely get one.

You won't see any British person in a field picking strawberries and other places, some people them jobs are apparently too degrading to work there.

A farmer near me was interviewed last year about this. He said he has no British  workers because  none apply. Some did a few years back but left shortly  afterwards.

Brexit makes no sense, it's all far right rhetoric about sovereignty. 

• Like 3

On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 15:30, mond said:

It does hold water. London is a great place for multinational employers to find talented bilingual people. We employ 100+ with 80 being foreign for thier language skills and all paying into the British state. That will go on Brexit because of the lack of freedom of movement but also duties being reintroduced. We leave the EU, we leave the single market. That neo Nazi Farage can say all he wants but both France and Germany have said if we leave the EU we leave the single market.

Every exporter will be affected as foreign sales will increase in price as duties will be applied  meaning to maintain the pre Brexit  price they'd need  to be produced  cheaper. The same applies  to imports.

If you vote out, prepare to take it in the pocket and potentially lose your job if you work in any business that imports or exports goods and services. Next time you're doing your weekly food shop, look at the country of manufacture- that will go up too. That's not scaremongering, that's the fact of the situation . We have an export deficit which makes it even worse.

The best English speakers ( both typed and vocal in my opinion) are from the Netherlands.....(I play games )...the worst are from the UK.

Seems like you have a strong opinion about Nigel Farage though...wow..

I only buy UK produce...and my job has no involvement with import/export....wahey I win no matter whiich way the vote goes then?....too many voters not knowing facts....happy voting on your opinion....

Farage is extreme right, a populist and a nationalist. He blames immigrants for all the ills. That makes him pretty much the same as Hitler. He even doesn't like Slavs. He's on record saying as much. 

No, you don't win either way. An out vote would end in lower standards  of living and higher  prices. That affects you and I. Where was the TV you watch made? Do you buy fruit and veg in Winter? Where was your car made? The textiles on the chair you're sitting on right now? Who sold you those items and what do they buy and where from? The UK has an import deficit and we're  a nation if importers and 60% of that comes from the EU. What you also should  consider  is anything made in the EU or destined to be sold in it come under EU regulations. Right now we have a say in that. Do you think not having any say into one of our largest export markets - and the most lucrative  in the world -  is a good idea? We're talking 10's of billions a week here in trade, which is what keeps our nation in the G7. The sums to stay in are paltry. It's pocket change.

These aren't opinions but hard facts. Is the sky being blue a matter of opinion and up for debate? No, so why are facts on this topic any different?

• Like 3

I will not vote like i have not since i was a kid, i for one do not believe anything that comes out of their mouths, just go and watch an hour of prime minister questions on tv and watch how they act like kids in a playground. these people run our country dont forget when your laughing at the nonsencical bitching they do.

food for thought, yoo aka the whole country could vote out and guess what, the gov have the last call they could call VETO to the whole debate and just say " we think its more safe we stay in for the good of country " , just like they said with austerity " were all in it together " ( what a load of codswhalop that was eh ?)

if your rich yeah EU is great, but remember these people have 150k a year jobs , two houses , fancy cars and a lifestyle they need to uphold, yet we the people are broken by massive cuts to our NHS and the likes including police force . yet i do not see mr mac daddy cameron taking a 100k hit to his pay infact i dont see non of those taking pay hits, and whys that becasue they want rich people to be better off. 

why should some muppet in brussels have some sorta say on how we run our country, how we enforce our borders etc etc, we joined the EU when it was a free market , its become more than that its become a law govener and just more than free trade.

• Like 1

The EU commission only suggests laws, it's the democratically elected EU parliament that gets to vote on them. Even then treaty changes can only be given consent if no member states veto it. You're right, it is more than a trading bloc now but unlike the 70's we now compete  against China and India. 60m people cant do that but 800m can. When we go to make deals now we have German industry as part of the package, 4 G7 nations. I don't understand  how the UK can be in a better bargaining position given is geographical location.

The single market may demand open borders for the member states  but many immigrants to the UK are not from the EU and it's only the British government that is to blame. That all said we're  in a state of record employment right now so it's really hard to argue the old foreigners taking our jobs rhetoric. All those jobs means more tax revenue and every independent inquiry into the losses and gains from EU migrants into the economy shows  net gain in terms of billions, both in additional economic turnover and tax revenue. 

• Like 1

Anyone who chooses to withhold their vote is ineligible to partake in any discussion about anything political, imho.

Be part of the voting public and share opinions, if not, make a cuppa and do summat else.

• Like 2

hah

To be honest I could be convinced either way based on the reality of the situation. It's just about ignoring the political rhetoric and looking at the pros and cons of being in or out. I wish people could see beyond this parliament though. The vote for in isn't a vote for David Cameron just like a vote for out isn't a vote against the left or for Boris (the EU single market is a capitalist's wet dream!). It really is something that people should consider for their children and the prosperity of the UK in 20-30 years just like the first vote was for.

I think the real problem here is if we leave, we're subject to the whims of the EU with no say in matters which escapes allot of people. Right now we have a top seat at that table and all the benefits that go with it, like our continued permanent seat on the UN security council. I realise there are problems with the EU, however having a seat at the table of the most prosperous trading bloc in the world is paramount to our continued way of life. 

There's also a ton of confusion. For instance people think if we leave the EU, we leave the ECHR. We don't, they are different organisations. We have politicians saying everything will be fine without any real answers at all. For instance Farage saying that we can strike a deal with the US but the US explicitly stating it does not strike trade deals with individual nations, only blocs. Politicians are not being truthful about how things actually work and the average person isn't educating themselves objectively about this.  If a Leave politician actually came out with some hard facts found through objective investigation and some projected outcomes of a leave vote which were backed up by actual respected financial authorities, and they looked good, I'd be tempted to vote out. But they don't, so it's quite easy to make up my mind on the matter. 

• Like 1

just because i dont vote does not mean i have no say.

fact is i worked my arse of when i had a job, i paid taxes, i paid for my medication etc etc. so i do have a right in fact. even to chat about the subject here.

my opinion is the gov will never ever tell us the public the real truth, we call all admit that, they aint gonna say yeah leave or no stay in, they just going to make it into a political farce like everything else ammo for each other in coming elections etc etc. like i said go sit and watch that prime ministers questions on the polotics channel . i sit and watch that a fair bit and the way they act just puts me off even listening to them about stuff that affects us all. if they cannot act like grown up men and women  why should i vote for them.

yes i hate camerron and i also hate all the others they are pure liers will never stand up and admit they were/are wrong or take the flack they cover there arses like any other polotitcain would hide behind a vale of haf hitched words. 

would i vote, yeah maybe and i would vote both in and out either one does have benefits 

I think particularly for this vote it's really important for everyone to vote. It's going to be close so if you have a feeling about it one way or the other out your tick in the box.

As mond says If we leave    the EU could cause issues for us.  they are sort of saying be with us as friends or not with us as enemies.

It is funny when people say the UK has power  but DC couldn't even do a deal that meant nothing in real terms.

Another thing i don't like is how the government wants us to join so they can get a seat on the EU gravy train. Because if they really thought it is bad for us to not join then why not tell us  instead of the scare stories.   (WW3)  so DC is saying we could go to war with the EU if we don't join.  Which says a lot for the EU  as they might attack someone who won't join them. Does anyone want to be part of that.

All in speaks about is money

All out speaks about is lack of everything when more people come here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But i still believe the EU/our government is up to something.  As why would Germany say Refugees welcome  which gets thousands heading towards them. We cannot take them unless our housing shortage gets sorted quick but that might play havoc with the house prices.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And if this EU army thing goes ahead.  You better hope the first target doesn't start with a R  lol

Edited by turok007

The EU quick reaction force concept has been around for years. This is absolutely nothing new and it's not actually a bad thing either. Britain, France, Italy and Germany would form the core and have the most say in matters. These countries along with several others are already in NATO so the only difference it would make is no US involvement. Most of our weapons, systems, helicopters and aircraft come from pan EU agreements and have done since the late 60s. We already have bilateral military agreements with France anyway and nearly all the equipment and weapons used by the UK is interoperable with equipment of other Nato members. I really do not see a problem with it.  Britain could even benefit as instead of Britain paying for patrols in the med and of the Horn of Africa, the EU will pay for the upkeep of Britain's ships, since it has the only true blue water navy in Europe.

Just ignore the politicians and go for the facts of the matter. Ignore Boris and his lies and ignore cameron and his scaremongering. First and foremost, ignore what newspapers say, they are literally the worst thing to read. If you read one, read the Financial Times. It's about the only objective newspaper out their as they deal with money matters alone, so you'll get the facts about how this will change both your income and your pension.   

• Like 1

well put Mond.

I listed to a lot of radio 4 and 5, you get ex politicians and economists on. they give  a much more objective view, as they are not having to keep one eye on the people that they want votes from, same goes for question time, the ex people always have the best points of view