• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

EU referendum

Ziggy122

Voting to Stay in or out the EU  

35 members have voted

1. 1. How are you going to vote on the EU In or out referendum?

• In
    • Out
    • I Cant Vote yet / i Dont know yet
    • Im not going to vote

It always makes me laugh when people say migrant workers are taking jobs.......

If someone who can't speak or write English, has no money, no education and no contacts gets offered a job over you, how **** must you be.....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scatteh316 said:

It always makes me laugh when people say migrant workers are taking jobs.......

If someone who can't speak or write English, has no money, no education and no contacts gets offered a job over you, how **** must you be.....

A mate of mine got a low paid factory job. And all the other workers were none english.  They kept asking him why he wanted to do the job for so little money.  lol

My brother was a fully trained machine operator for a few years. But the bosses decided to 2 replace him with 2 none British workers to take over his job. They were useless

The local takeaways are always being raided for illegal workers.  So these people end up being paid a lot less + no working rights. And alot send money back home so the UK won't see much of it.

You say   can't speak or write English

Well that is 99% of parcel delivery drivers.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, scatteh316 said:

Those are the people I deal with and they won't have it that easy next year, and neither will visitors to this country either ;) 

Good! :)

I really hope you're excellent at your job...  Actually, I just instinctively know that your shizzle hot at it....  Happy hunting! :) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, turok007 said:

A mate of mine got a low paid factory job. And all the other workers were none english.  They kept asking him why he wanted to do the job for so little money.  lol

My brother was a fully trained machine operator for a few years. But the bosses decided to 2 replace him with 2 none British workers to take over his job. They were useless

The local takeaways are always being raided for illegal workers.  So these people end up being paid a lot less + no working rights. And alot send money back home so the UK won't see much of it.

I agree that we need a MUCH tighter tax regime and stamp out EVERYONE, rich and poor who are not paying their tax... Comes back to my earlier point of we need a society of contributors, not deductors.  

If we had the correct tax recipept from everyone who could contribute, those less fortunate who would like to contribute but can't could then be properly looked after.

shutting the door and becoming an introvert island nation is not the answer to our problems.  Building a culture of being a proud, integrated country which has always welcomed people who want to put in a shift and contribute to the overall countries prosperity is what we need.  Leaving Europe will not assist in achieving that outcome.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, turok007 said:

As I said, if none English people get a job over you then you're doing something wrong.... No employer would get shot of an employee who was earning them money..... I speak to dozens of employers a day and I've yet to meet one who would replace a hard working employee who was making the business profitable.

13 minutes ago, Carpmart said:

Good! :)

I really hope you're excellent at your job...  Actually, I just instinctively know that your shizzle hot at it....  Happy hunting! :) 

I'm alright at it I suppose ;) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Madmini said:

In for me. The sooner we as a planet stop having borders and start being the population of planet Earth the better off we will all be.

Sounds good But  If all borders went  just take (Mexico USA) mexico would be empty.  lol   I see something like London. The UK says lets build something.  I know lets use London.  So all over the planet you would really have to think when anything was built  or everyone would just move to the best place.  But some places now that have borders are in trouble  as people are still getting in and nothing is really being done about it.  

It's fact that eu fat cats and usa pharmaceutical companies have been meeting to discuss tearing down the NHS. On fair competition rules.

I don't understand the ins and outs why the NHS isn't fair competition to usa pharmaceutical companies tho. 

The eu is an experimental global government. Or atleast the first corner stone of it. It is a huge chunk of earth all tied down to one parliament. Dr Michio Kaku basically says this in his type 1 civilisation speach from years ago. 

YouTube.  

Dr Michio Kaku type 1 type 2 type 3 civilisation

He actually sells the idea of the new world order very well tho. Explaining no civilisation can evolve on a planetary level whilst it's still competing and fighting against itself. He quotes star trek and star wars lol. 

Star trek would be a type 2 civilisation they can explore the galaxy and stuff. 

Star wars are type 3 they can settle new galaxies. 

He calls the people who are against the idea terrorists, the people who don't want these changes. Open boarders, a higher government. 

I don't know tho lol but I do wonder what is the point of a club of countries that just five countries fund over half the budget. That let's just about any country join up and tell us everything's equal everybody's voice is equal but then the bills are paid for nowhere near equal. 

Why do they want turkey or other countries we've hardly heard of who give nothing to the cause but land. Mayb votes. 

Usa annoys me they say we need the eu but really usa needs the eu so it can keep building first strike bases around russia. 

My last job at fox's biscuits ended with me laid off because they had to make cut backs.  The next day two of my friends sent me pics of a bus full of eu workers being dropped off. 

They didn't just hire them they shipped them in from Europe and put them up. That's disgusting english jobs advertised in eastern Europe all expenses paid to set up here.   

Tesco has been doing the same thing. 

One tesco warehouse was moved 20 miles up the road and all staff given the option  leave or travel further for lower pay whilst advertising for staff in eastern eu. 

It's like our big companies are getting incentives to bring in as many as possible. But why. 

Currently I have no idea which way to vote.

I do think Mr Farage has many good points to make, largely around the EU not accepting that as an Island, we have our own issues with immigration not faced by landlocked European countries....

• Like 1

Farage has his own motives tho lol I don't trust him but he's doing good work showing the public the stuff in the shadows. 

Like all the companies taking payments from the eu to support the in vote. Vodafone is one. It's always Vodafone lol.  

( no civilisation can evolve on a planetary level whilst it's still competing and fighting against itself. )

That is true  as at some point a country will  need something so bad.  That pressing the button will be the only way to get it.  But on the flip side everyone being friends. Rich will be richer  poorer will be poorer/slaves.  Just imagine the top people sitting in a room saying we need a massive pipeline built  how much will that cost someone asks. then someone says the Egyptians had a low cost way of doing it.  And no one will complain as everyone will be in the big club. Prisoners will be first on the job.  But in the future as more prison workers are needed  the laws will get stricter = more prisoners/slave workers.   

99% of the 40% who turn out to vote wont have a clue on what to base their vote on.

its insanely complex and easily spun to sound great or horrid depending on the agenda of the people you listen to.

I would guess that people will vote out if they have xenophobic tendencies (yes a sweeping statement but go and ask 100 daily mail readers)

and in if they are left wing idealists 

I feel that asking a country to vote on such a hugely affecting policy is nuts. 

If 60% of the UK was an economist or an actuary, then yes, fair point.

Right now,its like asking to ban red or brown sauce or which member of Jedward is more of a twerp :lol: (or more likely to get really fat and become transgender)

but with an outcome that will change the course of the UK for ever

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Hound said:

99% of the 40% who turn out to vote wont have a clue on what to base their vote on.

its insanely complex and easily spun to sound great or horrid depending on the agenda of the people you listen to.

I would guess that people will vote out if they have xenophobic tendencies (yes a sweeping statement but go and ask 100 daily mail readers)

and in if they are left wing idealists 

I feel that asking a country to vote on such a hugely affecting policy is nuts. 

If 60% of the UK was an economist or an actuary, then yes, fair point.

Right now,its like asking to ban red or brown sauce or which member of Jedward is more of a twerp :lol: (or more likely to get really fat and become transgender)

but with an outcome that will change the course of the UK for ever

The goverment should be leading us in the right decision.  But all they have talked about is the economy and WW3   The out party is coming out with a lot of different things but the IN party just repeats (economy)

I was undecided until the EU done a deal with the dictator in Turkey in which all of Turkey can become a full member if they take some refugees. Now here's the thing.

1. In 4 years all those terrorists there will be EU citizens and free to roam.

2. Do we want to be part of an organization that will do deals with people like that?   NO!!!

3. Europe will become more and more Islam and Christians will be looking over their shoulder for fear on being struck by machete.

Also as I said. Our kids finishing school in 9 years time will always be second choice to a migrant worker by then and will have no future if we stay in. Fact.

Vote out

• Like 1

The complaints about migrant workers isn't an EU thing  - they have that in the US too, its why Trump wants a wall. Blame there should lay squarely at the foot of companies that deliberately employ people they can pay under the minimum wage (or don't have other benefits like health, pension etc that cost the company). From a government point of view 'favoring non-citizens' makes exactly not a single bit of sense so its clearly not intentional.

When it comes to schools I've worked in one with something like 75% students not born in the UK and in several with 95% plus born the UK. If I was an employer I'd choose the foreign kids too - they work far harder, show more respect and aren't half as entitled.

If this makes me sound like an IN it shouldn't. There are several sound economic reasons that the UK probably shouldn't say in the EU. The problem is that nobody really wants to talk about them (they are complex and boring) - instead what we get is a load of racist claptrap that when thought about even slightly rationally can't be true at all.

So whilst in theory I'm in favor of leaving, I don't want the OUT campaign to win, because it will be a victory for racists, bigots and scaremongers. Unfortunately on this topic WHY you vote is as import as HOW you vote, and I don't like a lot of peoples reasons even if we technically 'on the same side'.

Edited by Si Coe
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Si Coe said:

The complaints about migrant workers isn't an EU thing  - they have that in the US too, its why Trump wants a wall. Blame there should lay squarely at the foot of companies that deliberately employ people they can pay under the minimum wage (or don't have other benefits like health, pension etc that cost the company). From a government point of view 'favoring non-citizens' makes exactly not a single bit of sense so its clearly not intentional.

When it comes to schools I've worked in one with something like 75% students not born in the UK and in several with 95% plus born the UK. If I was an employer I'd choose the foreign kids too - they work far harder, show more respect and aren't half as entitled.

If this makes me sound like an IN it shouldn't. There are several sound economic reasons that the UK probably shouldn't say in the EU. The problem is that nobody really wants to talk about them (they are complex and boring) - instead what we get is a load of racist claptrap that when thought about even slightly rationally can't be true at all.

So whilst in theory I'm in favor of leaving, I don't want the OUT campaign to win, because it will be a victory for racists, bigots and scaremongers. Unfortunately on this topic WHY you vote is as import as HOW you vote, and I don't like a lot of peoples reasons even if we technically 'on the same side'.

Excellent balanced and well thought out content Si .... :good:

I largely agree but disagree on their being sound economic reasons to back out.  I'm yet to see a clear economic 'after' position!  The reason being, no one can articulate something which doesn't exist and has too many variables to model.  How can anyone consciously vote for something which may be better, but could be a whole lot worse.  Living on a hope and a prayer springs to mind......

• Like 1

I'm gonna say that we should leave. It seems like we pay in more than we get out if it. The free trade is good and I can't see why we couldn't keep that, it would be in both our best interests and keep the import and export the same in all countries we trade with.

We do need to tighten up on who we let in, this isn't just an EU thing. We should only be allowing skilled people who we have a demand for. We don't need a cheap work force from eastern Europe as we have plenty of unskiled works who will be able to take their place. 

Leaving is a risk  but I honestly feel that we'd  be better off in a few years time. Don't forget that there is other countries out side the EU with a much larger population who will still want to trade with us.

That's just my option.

• Like 2

Even if every person coming here was a hard working person we will still have serious issues.  some not wanting to learn english so strain is put on schools that still teach english speaking kids.  overcrowding in schools hospitals housing.  Also there are no go areas now  and that will get worse.  I know some say they cannot force there ways on us but just look at david cameron talking about halal meat.  He is totally fine about how the animals are killed.

If we vote in  will it be worth voting for a prime minister again  as the EU have more control then they would.  PM says we will build 100 new houses  then the EU says we have to take a few hundred extra refugees & migrants.  even though they are supposed to stay in the first safe country they reach. The reason for that is  they will have more in common.

I will not vote. I do not know enough to select the correct option.....and neither am I interested enough to research it.

Too many people will vote just based on....the paper they read....the news channel they watch/listen to....the politician they like/appeals....thier life experience...thier friends...the list could be endless.

Of course I have an opinion but why would my opinion be right....especially when I have already said I do not know enough....( oh yes...voting...lol...who can lead the lemmings).

On the other hand.....

Voting out does have one clear advantage. It settles the issue once and for all. If we leave, we might decide we'd like back in, but its not really our call if the EU doesn't want us....

Why am I saying this? Because the Scottish Referendum was the biggest waste of time in UK political history - only one year has passed and they are calling for another. If they lost that they'd probably ask again in a few more years! Whatever way this referendum goes there should a rule that we can't revote on the issue for another decade.

Because I suspect if we do vote to stay Farage, Johnson et al will just keep demanding another go till they get their way. Referendum's are a rubbish way of deciding some issues....

• Like 2

I'll probably lose my job if we leave. My company does £35m in business in Europe but is based in London. If we leave, duties will come back meaning my company will probably go to within the EU to avoid them. Any business which exports to the EU either service or manufacturing based will face the same challenge. 

I'm respect to economic arguments for leaving, there are none. It's all rhetoric and anecdotes. Worst of all, the cost of leaving is paid for by us, out of our pockets as trade agreements become void and we have to renegotiate all tariffs and duties. These will be negotiated from a weaker position and the cost is reflected in goods we import. Probably worth reminding we have a deficit here. We'll still have to trade with Europe, in adherence with EU standards but with no seat at the table.

And if your argument for leaving is based on immigration, that's ridiculous. Immigration is a fact of life and was also key to our economic recovery. I employ people quite regularly and rarely get British applicants. The ones I do get are useless. The last guy I hired was from Nigeria. Leaving the EU is hardly going to change our relationship with an African state. The whole immigration argument is a far right populists wet dream but doesn't hold up under scrutiny.

Some of the people coming here have been at war with each other  so they might not get on.  Also does anyone remember what we did in Iraq. We went in and got rid of 250 thousand border troops.  Saddam was keeping the waring muslims apart.  If trouble starts here im sure the British people will be at the bottom of the list of people to help.  Also the UK pedophile gang. the police and council knew about it  but didn't do anything as they didn't want to classed as racist. So this goes to show you that things are covered up.  I don't want to be classed as a second class citizen.  

news stories

what happened

white kid punches colored kid

how it is reported

white racist attacks colored kid 

what happened

gang of colored youths attack one white youth.

how it is reported

gang of youths attack one youth.

Did anyone see the BBC news site reporting a white kid who was chased down the street and shot at by a colored man.  Of course not as they didn't report about it in anyway.