• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ's 5ive T

.AJ.

1 minute ago, .AJ. said:

A brace on where mate?

Oh and thank you to the jealous loser who rated my thread with 1 star.....

Thats not very nice AJ..lol

Wasnt me btw...:D

• Like 1

Haters gon' hate!

On a note of the loop and switch, just a small suggestion, but could you not just have a very short piece going across the back of the connector and into the bullets, rather than a loop?

It might be more secure and definitely not going to accidently pull it out?

Just a suggestion anyway, I saw it done on a crawler but with a Deans plug, it looked pretty neat too.

• Like 1

My thinking was that if anything went up in smoke i could just rip the link out quick sharpish, 4s is a bit of dangerous game with such small wires, I may even stick a inline fuse in, think I'll ask Killer RC what ampage they recommend. 

You're worrying too much about current draw, it's only a couple of servos and a Rx. Besides, as they're working at high voltage, the current draw is reduced. 

Managed a bit more fettling tonight

Finish off the wiring and got the voltage regulator for the electrics fitted in the back box, the kill switch is in the RX box at the front.

20160506_214927_zpsffwb7owl.jpg

Fitted a alloy servo saver arm

20160506_215025_zpstor2c2jq.jpg

And found this cool washer on eBay to use on the mesh plate screw, it's loads better than what came with the kit and will spread the load much better and not chew up the plate...

20160506_215036_zpsfc6jpl2x.jpg

Just sold some more unwanted stuff so ordered up the Killer RC disconnect kit, Vertigo fuel tank post kit and a very nice ADI diff cup for the centre diff :) 

• Like 1

AJ don't forget to PM with the max RPM you hit when you're finally tuned...... Will be interesting to see how it compares to my ESP as I know Doug doesn't port these for silly RPM due to the bearing issue.

Will do mate, I'll post the findings on this thread as well, just need this bloody exhaust now, stupid holidays in the Netherlands has delayed shipping :( 

On 29 April 2016 at 17:47, .AJ. said:

This beasty will be on steering duties

20150822_130011_zpsftsidleh.jpg

Along with turtle servo mounts and a Hobbythek horn

Just googled that. £360 servo? LMAO Fifth Scale is a next level of money!

looks immense though!