• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

X2; brushless.

Tug

• 1 month later...

Hey Tug, any New Photos or Videos in the Mix? i'm still with the same setup..Been lazy lately. Florida Sun really makes you Tired LOL.... I do have a question tho. is the X2 really that much less quality than the Losi 5T? i have not had a single issue with this Roller..Very very well built and Solid..Any Thoughts there ole chap?

Edited by Reg X2

Hi Reg,

Not had much RC time in the last month, work and family life have to come first, not my idea, but hey Ho. 

The X2 hasn't been driven for a while, but it will! I'm still on the stock diffs, they've yet to fail me. Nothing has actually failed on this car, I'm more than impressed with its durability. 

You gonna step up from 6S soon? Gotta be done! 

I would love to experience the power of a 8s but i'm so spoiled and satisfied on the 6s...LOL....i need someone to send me a gift 8s 6000mah pack....lol....i wonder if they even make them in a 1 pack instead of buying Two 4s....that would be interesting...but the motivation will certainly make me keep a 8s in the back of my wish list

Edited by Reg X2

The main problem you'll have will be sourcing an 8S charger, hence two 4S packs is easier. Also less of a loss if you get a dud cell. 

Nothing but rain here now, itching to get another drive in! 

i love your color scheme..Nothing like it at all iv'e seen. i seen your friends Videos on youtube...i don't know his name...remember you and him was in park and he had Xmaxx and you had X2...you flipped it for the 1st time,,,remember that Video? what's his name? he has awesome youtube channel....Is he a Local Neighboor? It's this Video....

Edited by Reg X2

Ha ha, that's Ocdcbr, he's on here and URC. Yeah, a good channel. Hopefully we'll get some more time to pit the trucks against each other, the problem is juggling time and decent weather. 

Local? Not too far, about half hour away. Given the size of the US, that's probably nothing to you! :36_11_6[1]:

I do like the scheme, but it's not my handywork, it came like that. 

i hear ya,,,he has such a funny histerical Laugh,,,i like.....he's really cool...and wow, that was really your 1st Flip? i would have been like oh noooo....that would be awesome tho to get mine and yours out there..Two X2's.....Have to bring your Family to Florida one day,,,Visit Disney Land and Sea World...You will like,,,,i'm half hour away,,,we can go to park and Ride

Edited by Reg X2

I thinking of ordering another Servo from Km...Just the Stock on like i have for my Steering.. i wanna experience finally with this Mechanical Breaks...Have you ever tried that yet Clive?

Not yet, but it is part of the longterm plan, I just haven't got around to it yet. That's why I left all the mechanical braking parts installed in the car. 

It's not raining, I might get a run in this evening! 

19 hours ago, Noj said:

Grim. Very grim indeed. :ack:

I got lucky, it was only along one flank, nothing got inside the actual car. It was just flung up on the inside of one side of the shell. 

Bloody stinks though! 

I took mine out too yesterday....Just Pavement Fun in Parking lot....Cop was there Watching in his Squat Car...He didn't bother me but i have to Wonder if it was Gas,,would he have said something since i was in a Residential Neighborhood near houses...

Had another great run tonight, these cars are awesome! 

Now, picture a telegraph pole. They're kinda chunky and immovable, so crashing in to one isn't wise! I hit it with a fair turn of speed, figured there had to be damage and went to check. Turns out all I'd done was pop one rod-end off of its ball-stud. Popped it back on and kept on running! A minium of thirty jumps and plenty of high speed jinks! What a machine! 

Stock diffs are holding up just fine. 

I love it! 

Again, another plus point, the servo-saver did its job! The steering (tracking in real car speak) is still spot on, no adjustment needed. 

The crash happened at the only jump I've got that I can walk to. Trouble is, it's a mound that a zip-line is sat on top of. Get your run up wrong and you sail straight in to the posts of the zip. I was only off by ten degrees, but that's more than enough. However, survive she did. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...