• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

X2; brushless.

Tug

58 minutes ago, Carpmart said:

Do you think that will sway Noj. :) 

No, that lunatic will happily rag a 780KV on 1,000,000S!

:insane:

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, saviown said:

hows the max5 holding up? truck performed well in the video, I might go for that as I will run 8s, plus I've heard the castle xlx has been detuned, some threads knocking about slaging it off 

Other than "no odd cell counts, not even manually", I can't fault it. As shown in the vid, the motor was hitting 50C, the ESC was on 15C! 

Links to these threads? 

I'll wager I can get one higher than 15c :@.@::o:lol:

Holding off sticking the max5 in until the rally conversion is done, however, as the weather is getting better and I'm still in discussions about paint colour.....

For note, going with 15-30-5 in the diffs, because a tall man suggested this may work ok....

DAMN YOU TUGGLES!!! :D

13 minutes ago, Noj said:

I'll wager I can get one higher than 15c :@.@::o:lol:

Holding off sticking the max5 in until the rally conversion is done, however, as the weather is getting better and I'm still in discussions about paint colour.....

For note, going with 15-30-5 in the diffs, because a tall man suggested this may work ok....

DAMN YOU TUGGLES!!! :D

You can't damn me, you started all this back in 2012! ;)

1 hour ago, Tug said:

For a slightly more sedentary and efficient ride, 520KV is definitely the gentleman's choice. 

The 780KV is more for the lower classes, the riff raff and generally undesirable. 

:lol:

How about the 2028 800kv 'extreme'?? :D

Edited by Wrighty8766

23 minutes ago, Wrighty8766 said:

How about the 2028 800kv 'extreme'?? :D

Oh, he'd wind it in for that, somewhere around 999,999S.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, big gaz said:

Great vid, some quality air time too.

even the x maxx looked good until it broke.....

Yeah, can't thank Joel enough for putting that together. 

Right, the car cuts power for a second once you've been going flat out for a few seconds. Not a big deal, just an annoyance. I thought it was the ESC playing up, so tried another, but got the same result. Tried different radio gear, no change. 

I think the ESC just isn't happy with the lower kv motor, the 520kv that I'm using. I might buy a different brand motor of the same or similar kv and see what that does, but that's an expensive experiment. 

As I said, it's just an annoyance. 

I fitted a uBEC tonight, quite chuffed with the install. 

That's all for now. 

19 minutes ago, Tug said:

Right, the car cuts power for a second once you've been going flat out for a few seconds. Not a big deal, just an annoyance. I thought it was the ESC playing up, so tried another, but got the same result. Tried different radio gear, no change. 

I think the ESC just isn't happy with the lower kv motor, the 520kv that I'm using. I might buy a different brand motor of the same or similar kv and see what that does, but that's an expensive experiment. 

As I said, it's just an annoyance. 

I fitted a uBEC tonight, quite chuffed with the install. 

That's all for now. 

You know a higher kv makes sense :good:

6 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

Have you tried the other motor?

Not quite on the same scale but I had a similar problem with a Slash.. Turned out to be the motor, I never did find out the issue, just replaced it and when it was sorted I binned the old motor, t'was only a cheapy.

I know the motor is ok, I've used it in another car, but with a 6S ESC, it ran fine, but did thermal the ESC. I'd like to go MGM, but that would cost what I paid for the whole car! 

I know someone with a 520kv motor, I think it's a SkyRC, I might try and borrow that to test. 

Given its size and weight, you're probably right, but I'm still just happy to have one. That may change after the honeymoon period, time will tell.