• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

X2; brushless.

Tug

7 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Hitec have just bought out a new range of Largescale servos, but they are so new that feedback is a bit lacking at the mo

http://www.davesmotors.com/hitec-36845-D-845WP-32-Bit-Multi-Purpose-Waterproof-Steel-Gear-Servo-w-free-DDM-Alloy-Horn.html

Also ive got a stock 5ive steering servo FS pretty cheap :good:

Impressive specs from that 845, price isn't offensive either. Do you know if it'll slot right in with no modding required? 

Yeah, I keep looking at the one you're selling, but can't help thinking I'd prefer to get something that's almost "fit and forget". Good price though, I'll mull this over for a few days. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

I'm guessing it's a straight fit as a steering servo, the faster T/B version has a extra fitting part in the description 

http://www.davesmotors.com/hitec-D-840WP-32-Bit-Multi-Purpose-Waterproof-Steel-Gear-Servo-w-free-DDM-Alloy-Horn.html

I think the first one you linked fits the bill perfectly for me, it's "fast AND furious"! :insane:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tug said:

Not sure you'd call that jumping more crashing with style :P

Must say this is huge makes the Xmaxx in the background look tiny ;) 

Not normally a fan of large scale but this is changing my mind ! .. Nice work Tug ;) 

29 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Not sure you'd call that jumping more crashing with style :P

Must say this is huge makes the Xmaxx in the background look tiny ;) 

Not normally a fan of large scale but this is changing my mind ! .. Nice work Tug ;) 

Well, it ain't the first large brushless, and I'm sure it won't be the last, but this one's mine! 

The 5ive platform isn't really a jumping truck, though it can fly well, I just haven't proven that in those two vids. Trucks like the X-Maxx are far more jump orientated, but that's MTs for ya. 

Ocdcbr did quite a bit of filming, can't wait for the final edit. 

• Like 1

Not GPS'd it, but a speed calculator I've used suggests mid thirties, this sounds slow, but in practice is just about "there". 

A mate came along with a BL FG, he's running the Castle 2028, 780KV motor on 10S via an Alien ESC, predictably it's bonkers! However, it was running for close to an hour because with that much power available he was only feathering the throttle. This was with a pair of 8000mah, 5S bricks. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tug said:

Great vid as always, your X2-e certainly looked to go well  I cringed at the impact around 8:20 - was there any damage?  (i'm watching at 'work' so no sound ;))

Cool video Clive... That's running superb, despite obviously being no brushless expert, I had an inkling it would be enough, having run a 5ive they don't need massive top speed to be fun, especially since when jumping they parachute a little bit as well.

Some really nice jumps and a few nice crashes... Job well done to both! :D

Cheers, but not my vid, Ocdcbr deserves the credit for that. 

No damage whatsoever. The lipos came unplugged, that's all. 

I'm happy with the speed at the moment, it's providing all I need. 

The FG belongs to K.Nov,  it goes like the proverbial "scalded cat"! Will try to get footage of that next time out. 

• Like 1

Yup, they offer a 720KV, but this is a D wind, not a Y wind. I used to know and understand the difference. Now I don't cos I can't remember. Sorry. To be honest, I doubt you'd notice the difference. 

Great video.

I reckon that 'bowling ball' tumble started the 'X' shaft off earlier than at 7:20".

Pity - was jumping well.

Clive was getting some decent air in the X2 as well.

Al.

Cheers fella,

I believe a D wind is not that good, for reasons I can also not recall....

I'll try the 780kv first and see what occurs....whilst you prove, undeniably, that 520kv IS the way forward :lol:

• Like 1

For a slightly more sedentary and efficient ride, 520KV is definitely the gentleman's choice. 

The 780KV is more for the lower classes, the riff raff and generally undesirable. 

:lol:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tug said:

For a slightly more sedentary and efficient ride, 520KV is definitely the gentleman's choice. 

The 780KV is more for the lower classes, the riff raff and generally undesirable. 

:lol:

Do you think that will sway Noj. :)