• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

riding my first bike

Skitz47

Hi I recently bought a venom gpv rc bike with a brushless set up after a bit of tinkering it all seems really good Exept I can't ride it !. Am I being dim but when I turn left it goes right (the steering goes left) I've watched vids on u tube and people do tight slow bends but mine doesn't do tight and when I slow it just falls on the stabiliser and spins in a circle. Forgive if I've missed something I've had tonnes of cars but never a bike. Does anyone have any tips ..

Lol I havnt a clue I havnt rode a real motorbike either. (40 yrs old). When I go slow and turn left the wheel goes left but bike goes right, like wise when faster. I've tried to turn left to make it go right and when it tilts turn right to go tighter but it then flips left. Also the steering is at full lock but it still needs about 10t to turn or if I go too slow it just spins on the spot!. I can't wrap my head around it.

Yep just like 1:1 bikes we kinda use the throttle and shift our weight, but its very slightly different on rc bikes , as JB says " large stone free carparks " ideal because theres plentyo space incase you pin that throttle or have a tank slapper ( front wheel kinda wobbles left and right when you aint doing nowt but gassing it)

steering on gpv-1 use the outer most hole on the top front steering yolk  for more turn angle , inner most for running high speed shallow cornerings ie long sweeping tracks. and yes left is right and right is left on an rc bike so dont worry, a good idea is upgrade your steering servo to something with some meat to it, a mighty mini is ideal has plenty o kg force to help the steering overcome the gyroscopic effect .

• 1 year later...
On 08/04/2016 at 13:14, Skitz47 said:

Lovely advice cheers very much I'll give it another bash when I get home hpi fully I can get the hang of it.

Cheers

Howd you get on with the bike? I don't own one but been chewing the idea over for some time now..

• 1 month later...

Sorry mate havnt been on for a while but getting the hang of riding was fine especially without the rider but it's not much good unless you really have flat ground with no stones, even tiny ones. It was a pain when to just turn n pull off well n it hits a small stone n crashes. Don't know if it helps you now but I lost patients and sold it on.

Cheers