• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

17 hours ago, wolfie1 said:

Here is a question that i have tried looking for online without an answer, so a good upgrade for these is to replace the steering servo, so a crawler 80kg servo is def an upgrade, but to get 80kg it needs 8.4 volts, so i understand a bypass adapter and a bec is needed so as there is no power take off from the esc (that i am reading online, or am i mistaken?) where is the power got from if there isint? As initially i figured a power tap can be used but the instructions for that says not to use it on a dual battery setup, so what are all you guys doing to overcome this? Are you guys just running it at 6v from the receiver at a slightly lower power or is there a right and wrong battery to attach the power tap too?

I just increased the BEC from my Max 6 ESC. Bare in mind however technically the stock RX isnt rated for above 6v

2 hours ago, locky said:

You know how to set it up then, it'll work.

Thank you, it was just where to get power for it i was worried about, as i was thinking about using a power tap to save disturbing the sheathing on the wires then the instructions for it saying “no bad”  but after thinking about it with the guidance i have been given on here i know what i need to do now. 🙂

15 hours ago, BashingBrian said:

New X Maxx owner needs answers..

Broke lower arm, do I replace with standard or HD version.??

The cost difference is so little I'm confused as to which is better for here in the UK

Thats very unlucky, dont think Ive ever broke an arm! Id just go standard personally, but whatever is in stock easiest

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Are you thinking of going to a larger motor?

To be honest, no I'm not going big motor as too many people tell me that it just ruins the driving experience..

I sort of have a spare Max6 laying around, but I don't want to fit it yet knowing the new version is just around the corner 😉 

Hi my battery tray clip thingy come open to easily.One came unclipped earlier and it through a lipo out destroying it.I don't want to go with straps but I think I sore somewhere somebody fitted body clips to stop it coming open.Has anyone on here done that?

Edited by martin34

21 hours ago, Tadas said:

Recently keep having issues with spur/pinion gears. Ether teeth fell out or this happens:  

Not sure whats the issue here.... 

20230902_181431.jpg

20230902_181239.jpg

What brand of pinion is that? I find the X Maxx needs a decent quality spur and pinion. I run GDS

22 hours ago, BashingBrian said:

To be honest, no I'm not going big motor as too many people tell me that it just ruins the driving experience..

I sort of have a spare Max6 laying around, but I don't want to fit it yet knowing the new version is just around the corner 😉 

Id stick with Mod 1 gearing to be honest

4 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

What brand of pinion is that? I find the X Maxx needs a decent quality spur and pinion. I run GDS

And unfortunatelly GDS spurs are sold out... not sure when will they refill the stock.

51 minutes ago, locky said:

Anyone had a Hobbywing esc on/off switch stop working?  The one on my Max6 will not turn off. Took it apart and it is potted so cant really diagnose issue. Looks like there are replacment switches.

I see it is possible to buy a replacement, but just by looking at it - its 2 button 4 wire switch so it shouldnt be a prob to use any non HW switch if the price for original is to steep.

image.thumb.png.423514a647084b57c1c5e4f298481e6d.png

54 minutes ago, locky said:

Anyone had a Hobbywing esc on/off switch stop working?  The one on my Max6 will not turn off. Took it apart and it is potted so cant really diagnose issue. Looks like there are replacment switches.

Also - try running some tests, maybe buttons work fine and the issue is some place else? 

9 hours ago, martin34 said:

Hi my battery tray clip thingy come open to easily.One came unclipped earlier and it through a lipo out destroying it.I don't want to go with straps but I think I sore somewhere somebody fitted body clips to stop it coming open.Has anyone on here done that?

@martin34

I've done it, simple mod to do, just drill two small holes and fit clips..

IMG_8533.thumb.jpeg.fd97332429c92c7c131a22c3f1fa3179.jpeg

• Like 2