• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

50 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Yep don’t try that gearing on the 1600 

haha no I wasnt - just thinking I may try it out before I throw the 1600xl in to see how I like and to get a comparison especially as everything is provided ...

On 07/05/2020 at 08:29, mydoddy69 said:

18/46 or 20/50 personally I prefer the 18/46 👍👍

I have just thrown on the 18/46 combo for testing - finally got round to clock my truck with GPS - underwhelming 36mph with stock setup on 8S - offroad

Edited by r4nd0m

18 hours ago, r4nd0m said:

I have just thrown on the 18/46 combo for testing - finally got round to clock my truck with GPS - underwhelming 36mph with stock setup on 8S - offroad

8S? You sure? 🤔

7 hours ago, Tug said:

8S? You sure? 🤔

yes the stock 18/54 on 8S got me 36mph - that was it - still due to run the 18/46

6 hours ago, r4nd0m said:

yes the stock 18/54 on 8S got me 36mph - that was it - still due to run the 18/46

Stock ESC? Might be in training mode? That'll limit it to 50%.

8 hours ago, Tug said:

Stock ESC? Might be in training mode? That'll limit it to 50%.

not in training  - confirmed a few times as this is what I thought as well 

just had it out for a few minutes - speedtest my GPS fell off but clocked 40mph until then ... thought I give it a quick bash but 5 minutes in

image.thumb.png.0bf956ded58f2d795c4e22351ba34e0a.png

for some reason I ordered the TRX6491R which I have just installed after cleaning out the mess but probably should go hunting for some HR or GDS gears and spurs 

Edited by r4nd0m

1 minute ago, Tug said:

Sintered steel; not crap, just not suited to BL RC, it can't take the near instantaneous torque. 

any recommendations?

Seems like it may have been a wrong seated motor - had it apart again and one of the pins flew out before I was able to move the motor out so unsure ... all redone, sounds better now as well ... I’ll see

still interested in recommended spur and pinion manufacturers 

6 hours ago, r4nd0m said:

Seems like it may have been a wrong seated motor - had it apart again and one of the pins flew out before I was able to move the motor out so unsure ... all redone, sounds better now as well ... I’ll see

still interested in recommended spur and pinion manufacturers 

Gds on eBay both spur and pinions, don’t bother going the mod 1.5 route tried and tested it sadly has zero gearing options on this truck so your stuck with running it hot plus it’s not worth all the expense imo got rid of mine in the end and went back to the gds stuff 👍👍👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Gds on eBay both spur and pinions, don’t bother going the mod 1.5 route tried and tested it sadly has zero gearing options on this truck so your stuck with running it hot plus it’s not worth all the expense imo got rid of mine in the end and went back to the gds stuff 👍👍👍

Cheers mate will order some then - shipping time blows though

ran the Xmaxx today and the 18/46 seems to work properly - didnt bash it though ... now the stock motor fans do click occasionally - I assume they should be running all the time? it seems they try to start but dont start on an interval - at least by the looks of it or its just in impulse and they dont actually run all the time but only when necessary - could someone elaborate on their behaviour?

also, I installed the telemetry stuff - well, not sure about it yet but it clocked 138mph once, so not sure about its GPS accuracy - I did correct the gearing in the "model setup" for the "calculated" speed but this makes me wonder ... need to fiddle with it a bit more ....

edit: fan problem sorted - all working again

Edited by r4nd0m

On 07/05/2020 at 08:29, mydoddy69 said:

18/46 or 20/50 personally I prefer the 18/46 👍👍

Mate, what speed do you get on 18/46?

my traxxas telemetry claims 43mph - which I still find a bit slow ?! Do I miss anything settings wise or so?

2 hours ago, adam_bolton said:

The were actually made in the UK lol. I know the guy who made them. 

There imported here and just Remachined 👍

if someone is actually making these from scratch here I’ll eat my hat 😂😂

28 minutes ago, r4nd0m said:

Mate, what speed do you get on 18/46?

my traxxas telemetry claims 43mph - which I still find a bit slow ?! Do I miss anything settings wise or so?

That seems about right to me  I don’t push mine Much over 45mph just never found the need if you find it a bit slow just gear it up a touch but keep an eye on those temps 👍