• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

6 hours ago, Wirralnitronoob said:

mann i so want an xmaxx,,to the point i would acctually swap all my rc cars for one :o despiration lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gonna sell mine I think, very high spec V2....

• Like 1

On 11/07/2017 at 19:31, Guns said:

Gonna sell mine I think, very high spec V2....

What's the spec mate? N why u selling out of interest? :huh:

10 minutes ago, Ocdcbr said:

What's the spec mate? N why u selling out of interest? :huh:

Leaving the hobby

Its a V2 8s edition with

Hobbywing Max 6 ESC

Geared 21/46

Bluebird H50B Servo with Alloy horn

GPM Adjustable Servo Link

RPM Upper and Lower Arms all round with captured Hinge Pins

RPM rear Hub Carriers with Over sized bearings

RPM front bumper mount

DHawk Shock Shafts all around

Hot Racing Heatsink motor mount

Hot Racing Rear Gear box cover

2x Zippy Yellow 4s 5800mah 40c Lipos included but NO radio gear

No idea on price mind. Gotta be honest, there's no other mods the Xmaxx needs, it's got all the right necessary upgrades 

Edited by Guns
  • Like 2

On 12/07/2017 at 21:14, Guns said:

Leaving the hobby

Its a V2 8s edition with

Hobbywing Max 6 ESC

Geared 21/46

Bluebird H50B Servo with Alloy horn

GPM Adjustable Servo Link

RPM Upper and Lower Arms all round with captured Hinge Pins

RPM rear Hub Carriers with Over sized bearings

RPM front bumper mount

DHawk Shock Shafts all around

Hot Racing Heatsink motor mount

Hot Racing Rear Gear box cover

2x Zippy Yellow 4s 5800mah 40c Lipos included but NO radio gear

No idea on price mind. Gotta be honest, there's no other mods the Xmaxx needs, it's got all the right necessary upgrades 

Any ideas what this would be worth?

Fitted this bad boy tonight to replace my broken bluebird servo.

Not had a proper run with it yet, just a quick test in the garden. First impressions it seems just as powerful as the bluebird, speed wise just a gnats cock slower.

Fingers crossed this will be more reliable. The bluebird ran so hot which seemed to be the death of it (common problem with them).

IMG_0541.JPG

Edited by scoobied77
  • Like 1

On 15/07/2017 at 16:32, FatWheels said:

Great vid good to have you back on board with an XMaxx 

Thanks mate. Glad to be back. :good:

Gave the 2085X servo a good run tonight. Well impressed with it. I think it's much more suited with the x-maxx than the Bluebird, the steering is a lot more controllable. Has me wondering about the specs of the Bluebird too as there is hardly any difference between the two when running at 6v.

The 2085X runs lovely and cool as well so no over heating issues with this servo which is a massive plus and should ensure a good life from it.

Overall the 2085X just seems a better product. Recommended! 

;)

Edited by scoobied77
  • Like 1

On 18/07/2017 at 22:01, scoobied77 said:

Gave the 2085X servo a good run tonight. Well impressed with it. I think it's much more suited with the x-maxx than the Bluebird, the steering is a lot more controllable. Has me wondering about the specs of the Bluebird too as there is hardly any difference between the two when running at 6v.

The 2085X runs lovely and cool as well so no over heating issues with this servo which is a massive plus and should ensure a good life from it.

Overall the 2085X just seems a better product. Recommended! 

;)

Good to hear. :D

Tried 18/46 Sunday. Just on flat, short grass. No jumps. Had to straighten out my centre drive shaft 1st, which I did by hand. I will order a new 1 though. 

It was was very fast as expected. I will do a speed test run with it.

my traxxas 6700 batteries do get warm and puff up slightly after a run. Hoping that's fairly normal. Esc seemed fine. Motor was hot but not crazy hot. I need to get my temp gun out from now on. 

Drive train is a bit noisy but I guess that's just the metal spur/ pinion. I have heard some are using a plastic spur. Might give that a go. 

Im thinking 18/50 will be a good gearing option for my style of bashing. Max5 going in after the speed run on the stock esc. 

I have cable tie shock limited and lowered my truck to see how it handles with a lower stance. Down to about 20mm shock travel all around with arms level or slightly going up towards the hubs. V easy to do. 

14 hours ago, Ocdcbr said:

Tried 18/46 Sunday. Just on flat, short grass. No jumps. Had to straighten out my centre drive shaft 1st, which I did by hand. I will order a new 1 though. 

It was was very fast as expected. I will do a speed test run with it.

my traxxas 6700 batteries do get warm and puff up slightly after a run. Hoping that's fairly normal. Esc seemed fine. Motor was hot but not crazy hot. I need to get my temp gun out from now on. 

Drive train is a bit noisy but I guess that's just the metal spur/ pinion. I have heard some are using a plastic spur. Might give that a go. 

Im thinking 18/50 will be a good gearing option for my style of bashing. Max5 going in after the speed run on the stock esc. 

I have cable tie shock limited and lowered my truck to see how it handles with a lower stance. Down to about 20mm shock travel all around with arms level or slightly going up towards the hubs. V easy to do. 

I run 21/50 which I find is a lovely balance of speed whilst keeping good torque and temps within the limit. 

• Like 1

On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 22:28, scoobied77 said:

Fitted this bad boy tonight to replace my broken bluebird servo.

Not had a proper run with it yet, just a quick test in the garden. First impressions it seems just as powerful as the bluebird, speed wise just a gnats cock slower.

Fingers crossed this will be more reliable. The bluebird ran so hot which seemed to be the death of it (common problem with them).

IMG_0541.JPG

Just fitted and tested mine and it helps move the heavy pro-line wheels about. can wait to give it a good run tomorrow.

• Like 1

Just speed tested my xmaxx 8s on the high speed gearing. 18/46. Got 42mph. Is that right? Thought it'd b faster tbh. 

2 hours ago, Ocdcbr said:

Just speed tested my xmaxx 8s on the high speed gearing. 18/46. Got 42mph. Is that right? Thought it'd b faster tbh. 

Sounds about right with stock esc. Literally just switching esc unlocks mph. 

what lipos you running?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ocdcbr said:

45mph for me on same gearing and stock ESC.

Fast enough for a monster truck.:D

• Like 2