• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

2 minutes ago, Ocdcbr said:

V2 sounds like the way to go then from what I've been reading..... I'd better get saving. 

Miss my x. Anyone done any cool vids recently? Be cool to see a v2 bash vid from any of u that have them......:rolleyes:

V2 is homestly far superior to the V1, you wont regret it!!

Edited by Guns
  • Like 1

can any1 with a v2 take a pic of the body from underside so i can check how the Tailgate protector is fitted please as i have got the part for my v1

3 hours ago, Sharkster said:

can any1 with a v2 take a pic of the body from underside so i can check how the Tailgate protector is fitted please as i have got the part for my v1

There easy to fit.

Place under side part in shell and use screwdriver/pin to mark body through holes and use a body reamer to you make holes big enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, locky said:

Anyone using the V2 8S ESC without issues? Read that a few had some problems.

Slowly coming round to getting a V2 and preparing whether it's necessary to use Max 5/6 ESC.

I have used it, the VXL8 that came with the upgrade died after the 6th run. Sent it away and the second one that came was fine and still is. Have brought the Hobbywing Max6 just in case. .

Well the fault they didn't mention. I sent it back to Wheelspin models along with the motor, I  drove it  into a shallow stream and splashed the truck, thinking its waterproof. Truck stopped. So I pulled the batts then left it for 24hours, tried to run the truck and the motor was cogging. So I fired a email off to Wheelspin, they told me to return the ESC and motor. They then they sent them to Logic they tested it then sent me a new ESC.  I think its not the case of the water, I think the temperature change damaged the supposedly water proof VXL8, the second one was fine even with the water test. but i never did thrash it thru water again on purpose.

Just a update i got my 4s battery in the end, they was delivered to 16 rather than my number..., looked on the delivery notes it was correct the right number for me? god knows what was up with that driver. Anyway, I have been busy soldering with the ****tist soldering iron i brought a new tip yet it still managed to not tin well just balled up... is that too hot or to cool prob the latter, well after 40 mins messing around basically bodging it i managed to get traxxas connectors off the adapters onto the the battery's and the solder joints look good and solid just storage charging them now as the box says to storage charge asap! is that right?

Edited by Dinga

19 hours ago, Dinga said:

Well the fault they didn't mention. I sent it back to Wheelspin models along with the motor, I  drove it  into a shallow stream and splashed the truck, thinking its waterproof. Truck stopped. So I pulled the batts then left it for 24hours, tried to run the truck and the motor was cogging. So I fired a email off to Wheelspin, they told me to return the ESC and motor. They then they sent them to Logic they tested it then sent me a new ESC.  I think its not the case of the water, I think the temperature change damaged the supposedly water proof VXL8, the second one was fine even with the water test. but i never did thrash it thru water again on purpose.

Just a update i got my 4s battery in the end, they was delivered to 16 rather than my number..., looked on the delivery notes it was correct the right number for me? god knows what was up with that driver. Anyway, I have been busy soldering with the ****tist soldering iron i brought a new tip yet it still managed to not tin well just balled up... is that too hot or to cool prob the latter, well after 40 mins messing around basically bodging it i managed to get traxxas connectors off the adapters onto the the battery's and the solder joints look good and solid just storage charging them now as the box says to storage charge asap! is that right?

I always cycle mine a few times when there new then storage charge them 

19 minutes ago, scoobied77 said:

What's the max safe temp for the 8S motor?

The manual states something like 200f but personally I like to keep it to around 160f 

GDS spur and pinion huge success no more chewed up teeth lol 

I'm currently running the Rock Passion ring and pinions 1600kv motor and the Cush and centre diff on 18/54 gearing on 8s and I can't keep the front down ! .. The speed is way way more than I need motor temps are 165f lipos are hitting 95 and esc is 100 .. Just ordered up a 16t as wheelies are great fun but not when you hitting around 45mph and the truck wants to take off ! 

8s is the way to go so I've ordered up some more 4s :) 

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

GDS spur and pinion huge success no more chewed up teeth lol 

I'm currently running the Rock Passion ring and pinions 1600kv motor and the Cush and centre diff on 18/54 gearing on 8s and I can't keep the front down ! .. The speed is way way more than I need motor temps are 165f lipos are hitting 95 and esc is 100 .. Just ordered up a 16t as wheelies are great fun but not when you hitting around 45mph and the truck wants to take off ! 

8s is the way to go so I've ordered up some more 4s :) 

Bit of a broken record here, but do you think you need to thin out the centre diff 'oil' - from what even you have found in the past, it seems much too thick. Thinning will still permit some wheelies, and help you keep the nose down.

Al.

52 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Bit of a broken record here, but do you think you need to thin out the centre diff 'oil' - from what even you have found in the past, it seems much too thick. Thinning will still permit some wheelies, and help you keep the nose down.

Al.

Is my next step after dropping the gearing , although I'd start with 1 million and work my way down from there, I like the way it is now when jumping as I get plenty of control so I don't want to loose that but I do want to loose the wheelies a bit so a compromise is needed :good:

• Like 1

I'm away for a few weeks, but my UE centre diff has arrived.

Other bits from Tower aren't confirmed, which probably means I can expect a grey card!

I'm not going with 15 weight or even 30 weight to start as UE recommend, mainly as that motor's so powerful.

I'm going to try 60 weight - should give plenty of wheelies and still permit some 4WD operation.

I never fully understood when I fitted a centre diff to the MLST I have (mini-Raminator) as it never wheelies at all since I fitted the stock option centre diff - obvious why now - oil's too thin. With that I'm quite happy as it runs nicely and will save the shell a bit more - none available for years.

Al.

Edited by atom3624

Well after my 1st 8s run dam, its fast,  popping wheelies when you try to fully press the trigger no matter the feathering its just on the back wheels to be fair it was on wet grass, ripped a front Tyre straight away, but this was running 18/46 which i cannot do anymore as i also chewed up the 46 cog melted it. That was on 6s after the 8, strange tho the shaft would burn you fingers never thought to temp check that too but the motor wasn't, the center and the bearings was all fine has confused me. all fixed now gonna give my car a break and run 15/54 a while see if that better for more maneuverability when i mean not hot its 145F the ESC was 110F. but dam 8s was fun haha.

On 28/04/2017 at 21:48, locky said:

Missing your vids :022:

.... miss making them of the x mate. Massive fun rig to use. 

Appreciate the support:D

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ocdcbr said:

.... miss making them of the x mate. Massive fun rig to use. 

Appreciate the support:D

It was you and Guns that made me buy the Xmaxx, before i was just looking at road cars thinking that would be fun new hobby then i seen the Xmaxx haha!

• Like 2

More and more are saying they've installed the centre diff and all it does is wheelie - got to thin that oil.

Agreed with other comments - we need more videos - its all gone quiet.

Al.

1 minute ago, atom3624 said:

More and more are saying they've installed the centre diff and all it does is wheelie - got to thin that oil.

Agreed with other comments - we need more videos - its all gone quiet.

Al.

Well after i geared back to 15/54, its better only wheelies when i wanted it too. Its tame now made it turn nice and sharp again even on higher throttle, which as kinda confused me as i was never hammering it when it was 18/46 or 18/50 must be the torque even at half throttle moving the weight to the rear. I have messed with the upper control arms positions, wish they had made it easier to get at the center diff to try out easier, why don't we all try a different weight fluid. and then we can discuss how **** our wagons act haha:) heaviest fluid i have is just 100k tho...

Mine is 'stupidly powerful' - 8S 90C 5Ah --> XL2 --> Toro X524 910 KV 4-pole 'Beast' motor.

I run 46 / 31 and am using MTXL tyres - couldn't keep it on the ground at all until the batteries were half discharged, then I had a chance of more than half throttle.

Found out I'd nuked the 51t plastic 'output gear' - but have an UE centre diff and bits waiting for me, so all should be good.

I'm going for 60 weight - I'll get it to lift, but more when I want it to, not every time like a performing seal!!

UE recommend 15 for racing, up to 30 weight for bashing - not 2,000,000 weight that Traxxas put in!

Al.

At a GUESS, it should be great.

Should still be able to pull SOME wheelies, but still have the option to rip it up and STEER!

This is all theoretical of course ... proof of the pudding ...

Al.