• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

5 minutes ago, Guns said:

Proline shell. I want it buts meant to be very weak compared to stock, couple with the fact the tailgate protector dont fit im unsure. I doubt ill get the Badlands either, the V2 tyres seem spot on for what i do?

Thats a surprise to hear normally proline shells are far superior to stock Traxxas

Whats this discount code ? 

17 minutes ago, Guns said:

Proline shell. I want it buts meant to be very weak compared to stock, couple with the fact the tailgate protector dont fit im unsure. I doubt ill get the Badlands either, the V2 tyres seem spot on for what i do?

Lexan feels about the same as stock but time will tell.

I've read this thread from start to finish as I'm thinking of buying a X Maxx are they worth there asking price and are they any good before I part with my hard earned cash ? 

live read all the reviews but I thought I'd as the people who own them cheers guys

I personally think the V2 is worth every penny. I would however budget for an ESC Upgrade, a decent 400w+ Charger and a few packs of cells. Ideally you'd need around £1300 to enter the hobby with an Xmaxx 8s.

I think its worth it, the V2 is vastly superior to the V1 and well worth the new asking price.

The esc (get a Max 6), shock shafts (Dhawks). Then just upgrade as you go/break things. I have 2 Losi Petrols, the x is a good compromise... very simple plug and go and still offers some large scale fun. Its much faster too than the average 5ive. 

10 hours ago, evssv said:

24hrs  and no.posts :lol:...Got me  new 3s's  now so  will need to sort the gearing out.....20170421_104235_zpsu6nywnzr.jpg....

Didn't think those Zippys were available anymore.

Rated them highly when I had some :thumbsup:

Edited by dazp1976

1 hour ago, dazp1976 said:

Didn't think those Zippys were available anymore.

Rated them highly when I had some :thumbsup:

from what i have seen traxxas might be using them now with a new wrapper  lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turok007 said:

from what i have seen traxxas might be using them now with a new wrapper  lol

The Traxxas ones came first then they eventually stopped Zippy doing their copies (as they do)

I got my ones ages ago for the MGT conversion (all sold since) because, yep you guessed it.... The Traxxas ones were more than double ££££ :@.@:

Edited by dazp1976

10 hours ago, Guns said:

The esc (get a Max 6), shock shafts (Dhawks). Then just upgrade as you go/break things. I have 2 Losi Petrols, the x is a good compromise... very simple plug and go and still offers some large scale fun. Its much faster too than the average 5ive. 

Cheers, those dhawks shock shafts aren't easy to get ..

I agree with all of the above, ditch the stock ESC for the HW Max6.

You'd probably get a good £100 for your unused VXL-8 on the bay.....

Any of you guys running the Cush drive notice the excess amount of play back and forth on the spur ? Mine has a fair bit of play so I decided whilst I was changing out the stripped spur I'd shim it out a bit, ended up using 3 x 0.2mm shims under the top cover ( 7793 ) now it's much better.. Left some play so when it heats up it won't bind up I'll let you know how it works out .. Might be the reason for the stripped Spurs to much play ? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ripoffbritain said:

That's the one just make sure you get the twin trx  connection.

Is the max 6 a straight swap or do you have to cut any of the plastic away sorry to sound thick but I'm used to working on 1/5 petrol rc's