• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

4 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

We can all moan and bitch all we like but nothing will change unless you get the retailers to join forces and boycott Traxxas in the UK until they bring the pricing and support in line with the USA sadly this is never going to happen as there are far more folks that will buy Traxxas products than we have as a forum that just don't care plus there's  that import duty and shipping to consider so unless there going to offset some of the cost to there USA customers I can't see a way to change it and let's be honest this will never happen as there never going to upset there main buyers ! 

The trucks will be the price they are when they come that we can't change and as yet we can only guess to what that is, on avaerage we pay a 21% mark up compared to the USA so use that as a guide .. 

The kits have a 25% mark so you could use that as things go up in this world and at the minute the whole RC industry has gone a bit nuts on pricing 

I have bitched and moaned and got a bit side tracked with Traxxas pricing at times but the thing is if you want something in this live and you want it enough you will either find the budget or find a deal to suit your budget .. 

So I guess you either want a X Maxx or you don't ;) 

I want one but I'm not buying a new one. 

50 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

We can all moan and bitch all we like but nothing will change unless you get the retailers to join forces and boycott Traxxas in the UK until they bring the pricing and support in line with the USA sadly this is never going to happen as there are far more folks that will buy Traxxas products than we have as a forum that just don't care plus there's  that import duty and shipping to consider so unless there going to offset some of the cost to there USA customers I can't see a way to change it and let's be honest this will never happen as there never going to upset there main buyers ! 

The trucks will be the price they are when they come that we can't change and as yet we can only guess to what that is, on avaerage we pay a 21% mark up compared to the USA so use that as a guide .. 

The kits have a 25% mark so you could use that as things go up in this world and at the minute the whole RC industry has gone a bit nuts on pricing 

I have bitched and moaned and got a bit side tracked with Traxxas pricing at times but the thing is if you want something in this live and you want it enough you will either find the budget or find a deal to suit your budget .. 

So I guess you either want a X Maxx or you don't ;) 

I don't think the Traxxas prices are over priced, it is inline with USA price when you take in to account our Taxes and shipping costs, distributor and retailer cost.

Traxxas does seem to have better support in the USA(it is there biggest customer base!), but I have never had problems getting a Traxxas parts in the UK.

UK laws covers you for warranty/sales of goods with the RETAILER!. But Modelsport have dealt with a dead Traxxas ESC with no issue a few years ago.

(I don't know about USA consumer law maybe that's why manufacture support is better!)

Anyway hopefully modelsport will list the upgrade kit this week and have a better price.

If it starts with an 8 I'll pick one up in May when/if I get my bonus and sell mine. I just can't see it not been 4 figures at least initially?

however, remember when it first dropped at £650? I could be wrong but i don't think it's a massive seller over here so who knows?

that said, if Its £1499 and people want it they will still buy it if they can afford it.  If not tough they wont get one. Dimples really. 

The only people bitchin about the price don't even have one anyway which I find REALLY bizarre?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Guns said:

If it starts with an 8 I'll pick one up in May when/if I get my bonus and sell mine. I just can't see it not been 4 figures at least initially?

however, remember when it first dropped at £650? I could be wrong but i don't think it's a massive seller over here so who knows?

that said, if Its £1499 and people want it they will still buy it if they can afford it.  If not tough they wont get one. Dimples really. 

The only people bitchin about the price don't even have one anyway which I find REALLY bizarre?

its not bizzare at all, i personally havnt got one because of the price i didnt like the price increase when first imported and if the new xmaxx sells for over £900 i wont have one again, i have to be happy in my own mind when i buy a rc, at £650 i saw value for money, the same as i do now at sub £900 for a 8s 50mph 1/6 scale, also regarding the power up kit, there is no way on earth i would pay £400, imo its much better to bail out at £450+ add the same money and get a brand new truck with the correct motor and hopefully some new upgraded wheels and tyres that will do 8s

36 minutes ago, sean-vrs said:

its not bizzare at all, i personally havnt got one because of the price i didnt like the price increase when first imported and if the new xmaxx sells for over £900 i wont have one again, i have to be happy in my own mind when i buy a rc, at £650 i saw value for money, the same as i do now at sub £900 for a 8s 50mph 1/6 scale, also regarding the power up kit, there is no way on earth i would pay £400, imo its much better to bail out at £450+ add the same money and get a brand new truck with the correct motor and hopefully some new upgraded wheels and tyres that will do 8s

It makes very little difference to be honest your still in a hole for another £400 ? which ever way you go the only gain would be the motor from getting the kit.. Now the old is discontinued plus the new coming out means the old might drop in price on the secondhand market to where you'd loose more to sell it and buy new, great for bargain hunters maybe but sad for owners 

Its funny you say about wheels as I had this very conversation with OCD and thinking back it was mentioned Traxxas where going to change the wheel compound plastic at the very start.. Now correct me if I'm wrong but since the first batch guys have stopped reporting about there wheels cracking ? yes tires ripping and tearing but no more cracked rims ? I've beat the snot out of mine even destroyed the foams but never cracked  a rim ;)  As for the tearing strip and tape them :) 

17 minutes ago, Timritchieblue said:

Boohoo on the delivery of my Kershaw diffs.  I got excited when I got a email that "Dan" sent me a package.  It was Dan from Liquid R/C..dam, dam, dam.  And the wait continues.

I did think it was odd as last anyone heard from Dan he said February and that was back at the beginning of the month .. 

6 hours ago, Timritchieblue said:

For some stupid reason I'm charging my 4s packs,, I've got a crap load of parts, so I shouldn't break anything..except what I don't have.

Sounds like you just got yourself one of those kits ;) 

Hmm one states 05/01/17 the other states 31/03/17 so which is it ?  Logic  stated beginning of January and once the new X Maxx arrives the kits will be discontinued ? Traxxas stated February release so we are usually a month after that give or take a week so is this Modelsport's way of saying there not get involved ? Oh you got a love s bit if gossip with your cuppa in the morning ;) 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?search=1&search_string=Traxxas+7795

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/278564/

Edit 

ms just changed the date to the 10/01/17 still no pricying yet though 

Edited by mydoddy69
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, sean-vrs said:

Then if you're not going to have one why does It matter how much I is? A Losi 5ive for example could be £1500, I'm not bitchin in the Petrol forum over the price cause I have no interest in getting on?

if you want an X, pay the money. If you don't want to pay don't buy it and don't have one? I cant understand the issue?

Edited by Guns

7 hours ago, Guns said:

Then if you're not going to have one why does It matter how much I is? A Losi 5ive for example could be £1500, I'm not bitchin in the Petrol forum over the price cause I have no interest in getting on?

if you want an X, pay the money. If you don't want to pay don't buy it and don't have one? I cant understand the issue?

You make a very good point, was it you who sold your battery's because you wouldn't pay the extra £100 originally.......Bizzare!!:rolleyes:

• Like 2

parts individual cost approximately.           £630

power up kit                                                £400.   After esc returned     

Difference                                                    £230

prices taken from Modelsport 

ring and pinion app. £40 ea. (current price of spirals)

esc.  £200 (same price as vxl6s)

cush drive. £35 (steel spur gear £20 on its own)

centre diff £50 (tmaxx centre diff £35)

dual fan app £20

the above are guessed might be more or less

other items priced at like for like

perhaps there not ripping us after all 

"good ole traxxas"

Hi good break down of price for separate items. But buying all items together should be a lot less . if your right on the estimate then when these items are sold individually, they will be a lot more expensive than £630.00. I think current xmaxx owners should be given a big discount if purchased within a certain time.

Sent from my HUAWEI P8max using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, Ripoffbritain said:

parts individual cost approximately.           £630

power up kit                                                £400.   After esc returned     

Difference                                                    £230

prices taken from Modelsport 

ring and pinion app. £40 ea. (current price of spirals)

esc.  £200 (same price as vxl6s)

cush drive. £35 (steel spur gear £20 on its own)

centre diff £50 (tmaxx centre diff £35)

dual fan app £20

the above are guessed might be more or less

other items priced at like for like

perhaps there not ripping us after all 

"good ole traxxas"

Yep I worked it out about the same as you although you forgot to add the cost of a wheelie bar ! 

You thinking of pulling the trigger on one now then ? 

10 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Yep I worked it out about the same as you although you forgot to add the cost of a wheelie bar ! 

You thinking of pulling the trigger on one now then ? 

Good point I priced the wheely bar at £20,

I doubt very much I'll be going for it,the only thing of interest is the wheely bar and possibly the diffs if they are not silly prices if not I'll go aftermarket.

been out today at Felixstowe had a great time and happy with 6s, the only problem was ten packs wasn't enough!

• Like 2

Shocks !!! 

So after Guns posted about his shocks I thought I'd do some digging see what was about so I have just stumbled across an article regarding  Rovan baja  5b rear shocks .. These are pretty cheap at around £80 for a set of 4 but they come with a massive 6mm shaft and you no longer use silicone oil instead these use motorbike 5w fork oil, and bolt straight on .. 

Anyine else heard anything about these or thought to give them a try ?? 

6 hours ago, sean-vrs said:

You make a very good point, was it you who sold your battery's because you wouldn't pay the extra £100 originally.......Bizzare!!:rolleyes:

Cause at the time my Mrs and I couldn't afford it. That was the only reason. Wasn't so much wouldn't more couldn't...

16 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Shocks !!! 

So after Guns posted about his shocks I thought I'd do some digging see what was about so I have just stumbled across an article regarding  Rovan baja  5b rear shocks .. These are pretty cheap at around £80 for a set of 4 but they come with a massive 6mm shaft and you no longer use silicone oil instead these use motorbike 5w fork oil, and bolt straight on .. 

Anyine else heard anything about these or thought to give them a try ?? 

I did think of alternative 5th scale shocks but expected them to be £50 plus a corner, £80 for 4 isn't fair off the price of 4x Dhawk shafts...

Sales ended. Doh

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191953938954?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Edited by Guns

7 hours ago, Timritchieblue said:

I don't think the Baja shocks will compare to the Xmaxx shocks.  I like my Xmaxx shocks, very smooth.  Soon as I get the UE shafts, I don't think they'll be breaking.  Robin doesn't sell junk parts.  The Baja shocks are very stiff.

I'd love a set of those shafts but the guy hasn't replied to my email yet as to wether or not he ships to the UK I did try to get some .. 

Its holiday time so I'll give him till the new year then try agian 

9 hours ago, Timritchieblue said:

I don't think the Baja shocks will compare to the Xmaxx shocks.  I like my Xmaxx shocks, very smooth.  Soon as I get the UE shafts, I don't think they'll be breaking.  Robin doesn't sell junk parts.  The Baja shocks are very stiff.

I've got a baja and a losi5. The 5 shocks are massive but nice n smooth action wise and of course very strong. I'm guessing they are too big to get on the x but have not tried. I also thought about putting the baja shocks on my xmaxx as they do fit. But they are stiff and the action isn't great. No where near as silky as the xmaxx stock shocks. Maybe they could be tuned to be but I doubt it. 

There are baja shocks made by innovative rc which are meant to be the go to upgrade but they are £80 pair.... so they should also fit? 

Having only broken 1 stock shaft in a year I'm more than happy staying stock as they work great for the truck. 

• Like 1