• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

Lets be honest. Power up isnt going to happen here, so the core charge will be lost either way lol. My logic is hope tower charge around $450 for the kit, get a $100 off coupon and sell the max 6 for £90ish?

all depends on the prices of individual parts but I kinda want it all now....

orr sell up and buy a Mk2?

4 minutes ago, Guns said:

Lets be honest. Power up isnt going to happen here, so the core charge will be lost either way lol. My logic is hope tower charge around $450 for the kit, get a $100 off coupon and sell the max 6 for £90ish?

all depends on the prices of individual parts but I kinda want it all now....

orr sell up and buy a Mk2?

As far as I know the kit is only available with that deposit so wether you get it from Tower or wherever you'll need a esc or loose the deposit :( 

Traxxas don't let you use coupons  at tower anymore do they ? If so I bet they make the kit like the truck no coupons allowed lol, from what was said in that link earlier the kits are only in short supply and when there gone there gone so I doubt Tower will get them anyway 

im in the same boat just not sure what to do at the minute one minute I'm keeping it the next I'm thinking sell it, i shall give it to the new year and make my mind up then ;) 

52 minutes ago, Guns said:

Thanks. Ill get xmas out the way then look at investing in the X maybe at the expense of the jato. 

Bluebird Servo

4s Zippy Lipo's

dHawk Shock shafts

Alloy upper arms

Traxxas 8s transmission (can honestly see me Buying 7795 and selling my Max6....

should be sorted then and have a smaller more reliable fleet :)

I'll keep my eye out for that 6 to appear :) 

5 hours ago, Guns said:

739FF73A-542C-4B2F-B56D-29ED3B86C9C3_zps

these came in two weeks. Really impressed with the size and feel. The blue is a poor match however

These are currently in my eBay favourites just can't decide as I've just got the tin coated ones on which I reversed for a bit extra thickness 

shame about the colour difference though,bottom looks better 

I'm keeping my v1 xmaxx. 

Ive seen a Facebook group come up specifically for v1 owners to vent their dissatisfaction with this v2 coming out with a host of improvements and them therefore feeling cheated. I did briefly feel a bit disappointed myself that the power up kit will not be a uk option it seems. But after talking to logicRc I'm sure we will have options here in time. 

I have not invested  big on mine. In fact other than the max5 esc it's stock. Just the gearing and shock fluid which is nothing is it? Messing with those is standard tuning to preference that we all do. 

I have and still do thoroughly enjoy mine when I get a chance to use it! I will get v2 parts as and when I need them and according to their price. 

My bud has the v1 fid dragon 1/5 scale. The v2 has just been released, again I think a year ish after the v1. He paid £850 and has invested in a fair few upgrades. The new v2 is £1000 but has a whole host of upgrades and mods including a wider track,better tyres and billet diff cases ( big money upgrades). He's very keen to get the v2 bits which is gonna cost him. My point is... this happens. It's in no way just traxxas. Things move on. 

Im just pleased that these new parts can at least b fitted to the v1. For some a v1 with selected v2 components could be the best setup for them. 

Either way good luck guys in your rc'ing etc and happy Christmas!!! :)

• Like 2

On 16/12/2016 at 11:45, Guns said:

Its no secret Im fairly critical of Kershaw as i genuinely dont rate them. However my point wasnt that. lets change Kershaw to Something like Innovative RC who i respect and make great products. But Losi arent exactly going to get IRC To start making them some diff gears are they? Theyll just do it in house. Thats all i meant by it

Knowing your non love for Kershaws when I saw this I thought of you ;)  Now there's no reason to get the Kershaws mount you can get this in the future when needed 

http://poseidonrc.com/more-product.html

• Like 1

Sorry for butting in here... I feel like that FID DH comparison is a little unfair though, because yes, it's not only Traxxas that like to rip people off, BUT the FID DH hasn't failed in many departments has it? IE; They've added some upgrades on the V2 and increased the price, but those parts weren't actually needed, like the Xmaxx?

I spoke to a chap on YouTube about this, he owns and likes his Xmaxx, but even he can see how badly Traxxas are behaving and agrees with me.

You chaps who've had your pants pulled down with V1s should receive all the necessary upgrades FOC to keep them going (for those who have blown ESCs immediately and done the gears..) and for them to release some kind of 'upgrade' kit, for an extortionate price and then say it won't be available to you suckers in the UK :lol:

It just seems unfair to me on the chaps who bought them in good faith, but if people let it happen, I guess they'll continue to do it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

As far as I know the kit is only available with that deposit so wether you get it from Tower or wherever you'll need a esc or loose the deposit :( 

Traxxas don't let you use coupons  at tower anymore do they ? If so I bet they make the kit like the truck no coupons allowed lol, from what was said in that link earlier the kits are only in short supply and when there gone there gone so I doubt Tower will get them anyway 

im in the same boat just not sure what to do at the minute one minute I'm keeping it the next I'm thinking sell it, i shall give it to the new year and make my mind up then ;) 

Coupons work on parts so? I know id end up paying $475 and not having a esc rebate but hey. 

There isnt an rc i wouldnt rightly or wrongly modify. All ive done with the x is an esc and gears. Ive spent more thab the Power Up kit costs upgrading a Slash for example.... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Guns said:

Coupons work on parts so? I know id end up paying $475 and not having a esc rebate but hey. 

There isnt an rc i wouldnt rightly or wrongly modify. All ive done with the x is an esc and gears. Ive spent more thab the Power Up kit costs upgrading a Slash for example.... 

Thats what I was saying no need to lose that $175 deposit if you cut your looses and buy a stock 6s esc 

175 bucks is around £140 so if you buy a stock esc for under that your get your money back and save a few quid in the process win win if your going to buy the kit .. 

So if anyone wants one  I have one sat here well it will be for a short while as I'll post it on Facebook after the weekend as there flying out on there with guys wanting the kits lol 

2 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Thats what I was saying no need to lose that $175 deposit if you cut your looses and buy a stock 6s esc 

175 bucks is around £140 so if you buy a stock esc for under that your get your money back and save a few quid in the process win win if your going to buy the kit .. 

So if anyone wants one  I have one sat here well it will be for a short while as I'll post it on Facebook after the weekend as there flying out on there with guys wanting the kits lol 

I genuinely doubt Power Up will be avaliable to us English folk anyway especially if I bought from Tower. 

Even if it is, the return $5 postage will be more, as will the initial postage to the us. However all this is just speculation for now

Edited by Guns

11 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

Sorry for butting in here... I feel like that FID DH comparison is a little unfair though, because yes, it's not only Traxxas that like to rip people off, BUT the FID DH hasn't failed in many departments has it? IE; They've added some upgrades on the V2 and increased the price, but those parts weren't actually needed, like the Xmaxx?

I spoke to a chap on YouTube about this, he owns and likes his Xmaxx, but even he can see how badly Traxxas are behaving and agrees with me.

You chaps who've had your pants pulled down with V1s should receive all the necessary upgrades FOC to keep them going (for those who have blown ESCs immediately and done the gears..) and for them to release some kind of 'upgrade' kit, for an extortionate price and then say it won't be available to you suckers in the UK :lol:

It just seems unfair to me on the chaps who bought them in good faith, but if people let it happen, I guess they'll continue to do it.

Seems to me over the years with most places, people, businesses, politicians etc think........

The U.k. population are like sheep, take it up the ass, let things go, and a bunch of muppets.

No more I tells ya.. Get these companies and ring their freekin' necks, should be FOC to the V1 this stuff.

Has cost the price of the truck again to keep fixing it already.

With the way warranty (lack off) has been. Poor quality product. Lack of u.k. support. Lack of u.k. parts. Updated needed parts prob not hitting u.k. I reckon trading standards would love this.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dazp1976 said:

Seems to me over the years with most places, people, businesses, politicians etc think........

The U.k. population are like sheep, take it up the ass, let things go, and a bunch of muppets.

No more I tells ya.. Get these companies and ring their freekin' necks, should be FOC to the V1 this stuff.

Has cost the price of the truck again to keep fixing it already.

With the way warranty (lack off) has been. Poor quality product. Lack of u.k. support. Lack of u.k. parts. Updated needed parts prob not hitting u.k. I reckon trading standards would love this.

I would gladly stand up and be counted, as part of the people who think it's getting beyond a joke how we are treated in the UK.

I regularly speak to new folk from the USA, for various things, not only RC and most of them are genuinely shocked at how rough we have it, in terms of being shafted over the exchange rate, ridiculous import fee amounts, ridiculous handling fee amounts etc...

You're not joking about the lack of support either, most are crap now, with a few exceptions, I'd say most are losing their touch nowadays.

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

Was out today and sadly blew the foam in my rear tyre, the tyre is still good but the fiam has disintegrated ! Anyway thought I'd search eBay ypto see if any chop shops had a pair and same across this 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282290233791

This guy won't be far off paying for his 3D printer soon:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RC-parts-3D-printed-Rise-head-wheelie-bar-with-2-wheel-for-Traxxas-X-MAXX-XMAXX/322259170186?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D38661%26meid%3Df9de89e2f0cf4e068d25c159d2b686b8%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D282290233791

In the wrong game we are :lol:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

I would gladly stand up and be counted, as part of the people who think it's getting beyond a joke how we are treated in the UK.

I regularly speak to new folk from the USA, for various things, not only RC and most of them are genuinely shocked at how rough we have it, in terms of being shafted over the exchange rate, ridiculous import fee amounts, ridiculous handling fee amounts etc...

You're not joking about the lack of support either, most are crap now, with a few exceptions, I'd say most are losing their touch nowadays.

Yea, but NHS vs their health care! Its pointless comparing other countries IMO.

11 minutes ago, FatWheels said:

Here's an unboxing video for the new kit which will be available in the UK

Sadly all the vids at the minute are from guys state side and even logic are not confirming the kit will be available in the uk so where did you get the info it will ? 

Have you got a link link or something to confirm this for folks ? 

7 minutes ago, Guns said:

Yea, but NHS vs their health care! Its pointless comparing other countries IMO.

It's really not, you're buying the same thing.

FYI; our health care isn't exactly better, you just get absolutely taxed up to the eyeballs to sit in a waiting room for 5 hours while a bunch of drunks get seen before you.

They pay everytime they go, granted, but if you only go once or twice in a lifetime, you're saving ALOT on taxes.

Anyway, we shant get bogged down with that, point is, it's a very valid argument, as everyone else has agreed, whether you think it is or it isn't :)

12 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Sadly all the vids at the minute are from guys state side and even logic are not confirming the kit will be available in the uk so where did you get the info it will ? 

Have you got a link link or something to confirm this for folks ? 

Confirmed via Logic 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Guns said:

That's probably the best aproach. 6s performance is decent and this will give more reliability in theory

New ESC will register 6S batteries and deliver power accordingly? 

The power in in that video looks insane the force of a heavy crash will have to break something somewhere me thinks. 6S will be more manageable and speeds can be achieved.

5 minutes ago, FatWheels said:

New ESC will register 6S batteries and deliver power accordingly? 

The power in in that video looks insane the force of a heavy crash will have to break something somewhere me thinks. 6S will be more manageable and speeds can be achieved.

The power increase is down to the extra voltage of 8s. If you get the power up kit and stick to 6s, you wont necessarily gain any performance from what you have now, it just should be more reliable. The new esc maybe more efficient and reliable allowing you to say on 6s and gear up moe maybe?

The extra 20mph is down to the extra 8s voltage and a gearing change. THe rest of the parts beef up the drivetrain

• Like 1