• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

Glad to see Nige I think line the body with duct tape - stops 95% of gravel rash and will protect the body better.

Also, removes that clattery hollow sound of the body slapping the mounts each time they jump.

Al.

23 minutes ago, Tug said:

This is hobby grade, not toy grade. The tyres will wear out on tarmac, I've destroyed 1/5 scale road tyres in one afternoon, 60 quids worth! 

Get a better charger, a charger that tells you how much charge is being pumped in to the packs. A decent charger will have a screen, this will give all kinds of info. We still don't know if you're truly draining the cells to empty or not. A cell checker will help with that. 

Welcome to hobby grade, leave your wallet at reception. 

I meant to quote BJBEAR123 but his post seems to have disappeared. 

@bjbear123 I'm sorry but it seems to me like you've bought a £750 car without any knowledge on how to look after it. Running on tarmac is a sure way to kill tyres, especially tyres made for dirt. As for the batteries, a better charger is voltmeter would go a long to solving the "problem".

• Like 2

Check your diffs.

Finally got some down time to check over my x maxx, (weather is s##t here fyi) mine had no oil in at all. Front and rear. Filled till it covered all gears and pins. 

Using 30000 cst front and 50000 at rear. 

lol that letter has to be made up as on the traxxas forum people are getting handouts all the time without any issue.

(You may need to send the part to them for evaluation)  over the pond no one gets told that.

6 minutes ago, turok007 said:

lol that letter has to be made up as on the traxxas forum people are getting handouts all the time without any issue.

(You may need to send the part to them for evaluation)  over the pond no one gets told that.

Traxxas America don't deal direct with uk customers, like all goods you return to retailer 

1 minute ago, sean-vrs said:

Traxxas America don't deal direct with uk customers, like all goods you return to retailer 

UK faulty truck + having to return parts = NO FUN.    I want to see a ESC go up in flames in the UK  i bet you will have to send the ESC back for testing then have to answer a million questions.  also they will tell you just to clean your burnt truck with a damp cloth.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, turok007 said:

American Traxxas is completely different.

4 minutes ago, turok007 said:

you should hold off on getting one   just to see how we might be treated in the UK.

??? 

what are you on about?

its got nothing to do with traxxas we have consumer laws that the retailer has to adhere to, however i dont think even our consumer laws cover bald tyres on tarmac!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, turok007 said:

you should hold off on getting one   just to see how we might be treated in the UK.

It's how the UK works, nothing to do with Traxxas. It would be the same if I bought some Nike football boots, or a Samsung TV.

Thinking about it, Apple kinda do it differently?

29 minutes ago, turok007 said:

I know, honestly that was my response... I can't believe it. I am generally disappointed, i have lost so my tread in just a few runs. 

Im shocked to be honest

4 minutes ago, Guns said:

It's how the UK works, nothing to do with Traxxas. It would be the same if I bought some Nike football boots, or a Samsung TV.

Apple is the best customer service i have ever come across, literally if i have ANY problem as long as its not accidental then take it in to an apple store, never once have i been turned away. I took my broken laptop charger in there and they gave a new one off the shelf... i took my broken iPhone 5 (simcard tray problem) they gave me a new one just in a different box. Same thing when i took my bent iPhone 6 YES bent.... they gave a new one. 

22 minutes ago, sean-vrs said:

??? 

what are you on about?

its got nothing to do with traxxas we have consumer laws that the retailer has to adhere to, however i dont think even our consumer laws cover bald tyres on tarmac!

i didn't say about the tires

21 minutes ago, Guns said:

the uk might not work that way   but traxxas could step up and treat us all the same.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, turok007 said:

@turok007

the quoting has gone daft,

but i think your missing the point, we get treated better, the electrics are under warranty for 30 days in the states, the lifetime warranty is a load of guff. 

your first point of call for any problems is always the retailer 

2 minutes ago, sean-vrs said:

see above, and tyres do wear out!

I know they wear out, but seriously, the tread is the softest rubber, its softer than my E - Revo, even after about 5 runs i actually have small flappy bits of rubber hanging off let alone the seriousy reduced tire tread 

1 hour ago, Ocdcbr said:

The Xmaxx does not come with a full manual. It's a download I believe. 

Thanks for the update.

My 'bad' then.

A bit unusual for Traxxas .... another way to save some money!!

Al.