• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

5 hours ago, Tadas said:

Are you running stock shock oil/springs?

40wt with stock springs in the front, 50wt with 1.45 rate springs in the rear. The lower arms are perfect. The rod end broke maybe a mm above the top of the pivot ball hole.

6 hours ago, Tadas said:

Any tips?

You could soak the suspension arms in WD40. I've heard that softens them up a bit. In terms of temperature I'd say if it's too cold for you then it's probably too cold to drive. Taking off the fans is probably a good idea since they aren't waterproof.

2 hours ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

Looks like the X Maxx is finally getting a more athletic brother. Kinda curious to see all that's interchangeable other than just the wheel hubs.

Screenshot_20221026-221706505 (1).jpg

I would imagine that will be very popular.Not for me as I am not after a truggy but will be alot lighter than the kraton 8s.The weight of the os8 is why I sold it and bought the x maxx.

18 hours ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

40wt with stock springs in the front, 50wt with 1.45 rate springs in the rear. The lower arms are perfect. The rod end broke maybe a mm above the top of the pivot ball hole.

well if it happened only once, we can write it down to defect or what ever, if it will happen again then we will investigate more. By the way was it front or back one?

On 27/10/2022 at 05:22, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

Looks like the X Maxx is finally getting a more athletic brother. Kinda curious to see all that's interchangeable other than just the wheel hubs.

Screenshot_20221026-221706505 (1).jpg

Watched few vids of it - looks nice! would probably choose XRT today vs XMaxx

Anyone tried the Duratrax Lockup X belted tires (DTXC5501) or Powerhobby Scorpion XL belted tires? Finally blew one of my sledgehammers and was looking at these 2 since they're decently cheap, belted and lighter than what Pro-Line offers.

71RXDVTHTKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

41jGL+E44CS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

On 01/11/2022 at 20:38, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

Anyone tried the Duratrax Lockup X belted tires (DTXC5501) or Powerhobby Scorpion XL belted tires? Finally blew one of my sledgehammers and was looking at these 2 since they're decently cheap, belted and lighter than what Pro-Line offers.

71RXDVTHTKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

41jGL+E44CS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Stock X Maxx wheels weigh 610g

Scorpions - 784g

Duratrax - 793g

Proline Badlands (probably the heaviest on the market)    - 814g

Ether go stock or what ever else, because weight difference of others is 20-30g. 

4 hours ago, Tadas said:

Stock X Maxx wheels weigh 610g

Scorpions - 784g

Duratrax - 793g

Proline Badlands (probably the heaviest on the market)    - 814g

Ether go stock or what ever else, because weight difference of others is 20-30g. 

I ended up ordering a full set of the Duratrax. $60 a set is pretty good. Just trying to determine what motor I want to throw in now. I want to try the HW 4985 1650kv but I noticed is only rated for 6s max and I don't want to burn it out. I could go for the 5687 but I have a huge stock of pinions and spurs that fit 5mm shafts.

5 hours ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

I ended up ordering a full set of the Duratrax. $60 a set is pretty good. Just trying to determine what motor I want to throw in now. I want to try the HW 4985 1650kv but I noticed is only rated for 6s max and I don't want to burn it out. I could go for the 5687 but I have a huge stock of pinions and spurs that fit 5mm shafts.

wait, what happened to stock motor? oO

5 hours ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

also when my badlands die ill try stock wheels from new  XRT - they look promising.    

6 hours ago, Tadas said:

wait, what happened to stock motor? oO

Nothing...at least I don't think so. I've gone through 4 of the 50T wideface spur gears (6448R). I keep seeing a chipped tooth. It's just a small corner of a tooth and doesn't affect anything but I'm starting to wonder if the motor shaft is a bit bent. I was looking at the HW motors because they're way cheaper than getting another 1200XL.

P_20221103_195121.jpg

Edited by SYST3M_OVERIDE

10 hours ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

Nothing...at least I don't think so. I've gone through 4 of the 50T wideface spur gears (6448R). I keep seeing a chipped tooth. It's just a small corner of a tooth and doesn't affect anything but I'm starting to wonder if the motor shaft is a bit bent. I was looking at the HW motors because they're way cheaper than getting another 1200XL.

I have read that stock spurs should be one of the first thing to replace since they are made from some glued powder, but so far only teeth iv lost are in back diff ring gear - waiting for replacement atm 🙂 

Have you tried removing motor and running it to see if the shaft is actually bent and wobles while spinning? Also - if shaft is fine and you are still loosing teeth from pinion or spur gears my educated guess would be to inspect the cush drive - its designed to save those gears.

P_20221103_195121.jpg

Just get a stock motor from JennysRC. I think youll regret changing the motor for something bigger. I did

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Just get a stock motor from JennysRC. I think youll regret changing the motor for something bigger. I did

Don't get me wrong I really like the stock motor. I just don't like the price of a new one.

Edited by SYST3M_OVERIDE

20 hours ago, Tadas said:

How come?

They just ruin it. They make it too heavy and the extra power isnt useable. Ive done it twice with a 5687 1100kv and a 800kv motor. I hated it and sold it and brought a stock one. Its so much better in the real world. 

Don't get me wrong I really like the stock motor. I just don't like the price of a new one.

But by the time youve bought a new motor mount, mod 1,5 gears etc youll spend far more than a new stock motor. 

1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

They just ruin it. They make it too heavy and the extra power isnt useable. Ive done it twice with a 5687 1100kv and a 800kv motor. I hated it and sold it and brought a stock one. Its so much better in the real world. 

Really?! Any idea on weight difference? 

42 minutes ago, Tadas said:

Really?! Any idea on weight difference? 

Its more heavy in terms of how it feels to drive. Its just a lot torquey’er, but its not useable torque as it just wheelies even more. Honestly it was for me the biggest waste of money ever in RC terms