• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

• 4 weeks later...
On 08/11/2021 at 04:05, Kpowell911 said:

Welcome to the forum. Nice truck 🙂

I went down the big motor/max 5 route with one of my X Maxx’s and didnt like it. Much preffered the stock motor with a Max 6 which is what I run now

I upgraded my receiver and transmitter with a flysky gt5. Certainly with a big motor setup you need the ability to modify the throttle expo setting which you can't really do with the stock traxxas radio. Much more controllable like stock but with far more power and speed. 

• 2 weeks later...

Its not a cheap upgrade $199 . tbh I think it will take the thrill out a bit and tame the beast too much. 

If you got your set up right cornering isn’t a huge issue anyway. I can see those that like using theirs on a track wanting one maybe. 

Id like to try it but at that money it’s not something I’ll be rushing out to get. 

N1Sw87Z.jpg

Not going to be cheap as I guess you need longer steel driveshafts, which Traxxas treat as the most expensive material on Earth. 

Never really felt it needed it, but biggest issue for me….. I live in a new smaller house with my Girlfriend. I store My RCs under the stairs. Width wise. The X Maxx is parked next to the Rustler 4x4. Perfectly. This wont allow this to happen

Edited by Kpowell911

37 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

N1Sw87Z.jpg

Not going to be cheap as I guess you need longer steel driveshafts, which Traxxas treat as the most expensive material on Earth. 

Never really felt it needed it, but biggest issue for me….. I live in a new smaller house with my Girlfriend. I store My RCs under the stairs. Width wise. The X Maxx is parked next to the Rustler 4x4. Perfectly. This wont allow this to happen

All comes in the kit $199 

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Not exactly cheap at £175 but agreed it’s cheaper than I first thought it was going to be. My only concern with making the x Maxx wider is more stress on those suspension pins and holders, I’ve been known to break a few over the years but more worrying is the damage caused to the mounts as they usually  crack in that spot so with extra Leverage  is just going to get worse. 

Ill let others play test dummy on these but I’ll be honest I doubt I’ll bother with them on this rig as I’ve got both the exb Kraton and outcast 8s which are wider if I fancy a bit more handling 

9 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Not exactly cheap at £175 but agreed it’s cheaper than I first thought it was going to be. My only concern with making the x Maxx wider is more stress on those suspension pins and holders, I’ve been known to break a few over the years but more worrying is the damage caused to the mounts as they usually  crack in that spot so with extra Leverage  is just going to get worse. 

Ill let others play test dummy on these but I’ll be honest I doubt I’ll bother with them on this rig as I’ve got both the exb Kraton and outcast 8s which are wider if I fancy a bit more handling 

there are already a few on youtube but I am still on the fence if the xmaxx really needs it - yes there is a slight tendency to roll but I think we have all adapted to that in how to handle the truck and from what I could see some were still able to push the truck onto two wheels so almost pointless to me ...

• Like 1

Had a bash with the X today. Its soo awesome!

Ive cracked an A Arm, it still runs fine, but a set of RPMS are gonna be £100. Ive done some research and the Wide X Maxx kit comes with the HD Arms. So Im going to pre order the Wide Maxx kit once I decided on Red or Black

Some pics from today:

eBw0doS.jpg

gzHhwWE.jpg

9tj0AF0.jpg

viEC9iZ.jpg

• Like 2

In the years I’ve had mine think I’ve only ever broke 2 arms wouldn’t bother with the rpm arms full stop to much flex in them. Personally I’d just replace the broken arm and save myself £150 😂

Come on any excuse for an upgrade I know 😂😂👍

@Kpowell911 looks like a superb spot to take the rc’s. Is it some sort of building site? I want to go!

edit:

just seen this posted in the other thread explaining location 👍🏻

Edited by Ant.p

32 minutes ago, Ant.p said:

@Kpowell911 looks like a superb spot to take the rc’s. Is it some sort of building site? I want to go!

edit:

just seen this posted in the other thread explaining location 👍🏻

Its part of what will be HS2, I probably shouldn’t have been there

8 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Its part of what will be HS2, I probably shouldn’t have been there

Shame we don’t have it running anywhere near here 😕. If no ones about and your not damaging anything, then what’s the harm. You won’t get many opportunities like that so grab em when you can.

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Hopefully gonna be lighter than Badlands!

Think my next “RC” will be an investment in my X Maxx. 

Sounds like a plan 👍

Dont suppose will see these anytime soon here mind